Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Sep 2006 at 9:37 AM
Default Walking the Dog!
For weeks I have been wondering if Maxis would include an option to walk pets around the neighborhood. I was thrilled to see the following excerpt from the latest "Pet Training Paper" today-

"Take a Walk
A leisurely stroll around the neighborhood is a good way to spend time with both cats and dogs. Hit the pavement for some fresh air and exercise!"

I wonder... Will you actually be able to follow your sim around the neighborhood, or will this be similar to the "take a spin" action for vehicles? And if it's the former, do you think they'll finally include the option to visit other sims' houses? That would be a great little surprise.

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
Advertisement
#2 Old 23rd Sep 2006 at 11:27 AM
I was suprised to see that too :D
It will probably be like the, 'Take a Spin' interaction from NL. Like, theyll probably just walk off the lot, and come back after small time,or when you cancel the intercation
#3 Old 23rd Sep 2006 at 11:41 AM
Man, I want Pets more and more... still I'd rather VCS as its got jetskis, golf, shooting, driving snd its made for the PSP
#4 Old 23rd Sep 2006 at 11:49 AM
i agree, i think it would be nice to walk around the neighbour hood, maybe its like the take a spin but you click a lot and just take your dog there like on sims originaly, but it would be nice to have a new option to walk around the neighbour any way i want the game soooo much and am sure that it will be great!!
#5 Old 23rd Sep 2006 at 12:40 PM
thats cool i thought you could only walk your dog at the park but this is a surprise im getting so excited and its about a month away Jeez!
Theorist
#6 Old 23rd Sep 2006 at 7:24 PM
Sorry to burst the bubble, but I think you're all looking way too far into the description. I'm 99.9% sure that it simply means that you can take your pets to a community lot with you. :fly
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Sep 2006 at 10:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Captain THPS4
Sorry to burst the bubble, but I think you're all looking way too far into the description. I'm 99.9% sure that it simply means that you can take your pets to a community lot with you. :fly

I doubt that; the phrasing would be entirely different. However, it's probably just a cop-out like "take a spin."

Sensitivity is strength.
#8 Old 23rd Sep 2006 at 11:38 PM
maybe it means some of the joggers will have their dogs with them?
Test Subject
#9 Old 6th Oct 2006 at 12:00 PM
The chat says it's just like take a spin. You can take pets to community lots as well though

"Sanity is not statistical"
George Orwell, 1984
Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 7th Oct 2006 at 12:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jefrir
The chat says it's just like take a spin. You can take pets to community lots as well though

Yeah, I saw that. Oh well, following them around the block may not have been that exciting, anyway.

Sensitivity is strength.
Theorist
#11 Old 7th Oct 2006 at 1:46 AM
Whew, good thing I was wrong. If we had to always take dogs to community lots we would have to endure loading screens even more often.