Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#26 Old 6th Oct 2006 at 4:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by moonluck9
My point was that the person who asked the question obviously meant can birds bread with other birds and can womrats bread with other womrats. It is just a little silly to write out the whole thing. I guess it wasn't that obvious though...

OH! See, I thought they meant can Birds breed with Womrats... XD I guess Maxoids and I think alike
Advertisement
#27 Old 6th Oct 2006 at 7:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by moonluck9

Am I the only one who felt like :frying: someone when the maxoids answered the question "Can womrats and birds bread?" With "No interspecies breading." That was not the question at all.

I also thought they meant if Wormrats and Birds could breed TOGETHER. :moo:
Just proves how slow we all are, or me and the maxoids at least. :smash:
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 6th Oct 2006 at 7:41 AM
Quote:
WhyYouLittle05 (Oct 5, 2006 2:51:33 PM)
Could a Sim be a Vampire-Werewolf-Zombie-Alien? XD

MaxisHunter! (Oct 5, 2006 2:51:33 PM)
Yes. They are absolutely ridiculous.

Yes, thats all I needed to know... (Now I only need to see it...)
Instructor
#29 Old 6th Oct 2006 at 8:02 AM
There'd better be a cheat for more in a family, or more pets coming up!

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...
Scholar
#30 Old 6th Oct 2006 at 9:19 AM
agreed cheeseisgood...man i was disappointed when i saw the total sim/pets you could have is 10 now hope the modders can fix that!

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
#31 Old 6th Oct 2006 at 11:01 AM
moonluck9: I hadn't though of that...I thought they WERE asking about inter-breeding...but it all makes sense now.
#32 Old 6th Oct 2006 at 1:10 PM
They've changed their tune about the pets in University haven't they?! Aww... I was really hoping they'd spice up my university households
Test Subject
#33 Old 6th Oct 2006 at 1:26 PM
I'm hoping someone will have hacked that by the time I get it (sometime around christmas). Inteen, maybe?

"Sanity is not statistical"
George Orwell, 1984
#34 Old 6th Oct 2006 at 2:27 PM
I was hoping sims could take dogs or cats to uni as well. I'll have to make do with birds and womrats I guess.

Why isn't there lizards and turtles and such like was in the Sims Unleashed?
Test Subject
#35 Old 6th Oct 2006 at 5:13 PM
i kinda get why you can't take cats/dogs to University. In real life you couldn't have those things in the dorm, and plus they probably still have that aging problem like when you have kids in Uni-----but it does kinda suck because I know lots of people who had dogs and cats at rented houses in college
#36 Old 6th Oct 2006 at 7:04 PM
Yeay!

Animals!
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 7th Oct 2006 at 5:55 PM
when i saw someone as something like "will all kittens and puppies look the same"

I was thinking.. finally someone asked that.. "i knew that they coudl be differnet colors"

and maxis says" tehy can be differnet colors.. its so cute"..

it makes me mad.. they pretty much just said.. german shepards, poodle, labs, chiuaua puppies... will all have hte same mesh.. just diffenret color..

does that bother anyone that all dogs will have the same mesh.. most likely?

Take a look at a new sims2 chat site ran by Tease. There are mods and we are working to get teh site off of its feet. You can look around and if you feel like joining that would be great for the site. Thanks

#38 Old 7th Oct 2006 at 6:26 PM
Quote:
MaxoidGrant (Oct 5, 2006 2:23:33 PM)
It's pretty flexible. They won't act like different animals of course, but cats can be turned into bunnies pretty easily....for example.

yay. i was disappointed when i learned there were no bunnies in this ep... even though a bunny that meows and scratches up the furniture would be extremely weird... :B

and i'm glad to know hilary duff is just a download. -shudders-
Theorist
#39 Old 7th Oct 2006 at 6:40 PM
Well, there are two sizes for dogs. I guess that's not too bad, especially since there's so many customization options for your pets it might not even matter that much.

A meowing bunny...I'm not sure if I'd laugh at it or just get rid of it because of it being too weird for my tastes. Then again it would probably fit perfectly in Strangetown.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 7th Oct 2006 at 6:42 PM
Onsimsnow, it's only the puppies, all sim-babies look the same too besides skin, eye and brow color. And I think they're cute, no matter what bodyshape they have
Test Subject
#41 Old 7th Oct 2006 at 6:59 PM
Those chats are always pretty lame, the maxoids should come here and chat on the boards with us for an hour instead. I am still looking forward to the game, but I'm not very impressed with it. I really hope that the next expansion pack is something huge [it won't be].
Field Researcher
#42 Old 9th Oct 2006 at 1:12 AM
The next EP should be something we didn't have in Sims 1, because Maxis is alternating with new, old, new old, ect. Of course, it's going to be six months before we find out what it is.

Yeah, if the maxoids came here, people would still be asking stupid questions. They wouldn't post here anyway, because they'd be accused of favoritism, or something.

Click HERE please, so I can up the sweet sweet page count. Thanks!

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx
Banned
#43 Old 9th Oct 2006 at 1:26 AM
These questions where my favorites:

Quote:
Kristhegameguy
Can pets use the TV?

MaxoidGrant
They can't turn it on (no thumbs!) but they can appreciate one that is on.

Quote:
Telomian
Can you call like your friend's pet on the phone to invite over? Is there a way to invite pets to your house?

MaxisLittleL
You can call a friend and invite them to come over with their pet.

And

Quote:
MaRiSa7393
will there be new floorings

MaxisLittleL
of course!

MaRiSa7393
will there be new floorings

MaxoidGrant
Yep, new walls and floors.

MaxisHunter!
And new floors!!!

I loved those ones! Especially the one where he or she kept asking "Will there be new floors?"
Test Subject
#44 Old 9th Oct 2006 at 2:47 AM
"""Something just occoured to me when I read your post Purplepaws. I wonder if the aging off cheat will work for pets, or if there's a separate cheat for them, or if we have to be stuck with aging pets. I always play with aging off so that's a big concern for me. :fly"""

NJerseyMonkey (Oct 5, 2006 2:18:21 PM)
Is there going to be a cheat where you can make puppies and kittens stay the same age?

MaxoidGrant (Oct 5, 2006 2:18:21 PM)
Yes.

"sticks and stones may break my bones ...but whips and chains excite me...uhhh...come to think of it...so do sticks and stones"
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 9th Oct 2006 at 4:13 AM
I don't know very much about this game (I've had computer problems lately, so I couldn't check this site) so I just need a couple questions answered, s'il vous plait:

1) In what expansion pack can you be zombies? I have NL and OFB, so is it in Uni or something, because I've never heard that before.

2) In what expansion pack do you get a skunk? In the chat, they mentioned that dogs can get sprayed by skunks, unless you befriend the skunk. I don't recall ever seeing a skunk, so is it a new thing that comes with this EP?

3) The release date: I have heard both the 17th and the 18th, so I'm not sure. I live in Canada, so can someone please tell me what it is? Thank you.

You guys seem to know so much about this game, I figure that you'll be able to help me. Thanks a lot.

~Georgia~

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

"Ma'am, your eyes look red. Have you been drinking?"
"Officer, your eyes look glazed. Have you been eating donuts?"
#46 Old 9th Oct 2006 at 4:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by georgiababe
I don't know very much about this game (I've had computer problems lately, so I couldn't check this site) so I just need a couple questions answered, s'il vous plait:

1) In what expansion pack can you be zombies? I have NL and OFB, so is it in Uni or something, because I've never heard that before.

2) In what expansion pack do you get a skunk? In the chat, they mentioned that dogs can get sprayed by skunks, unless you befriend the skunk. I don't recall ever seeing a skunk, so is it a new thing that comes with this EP?

3) The release date: I have heard both the 17th and the 18th, so I'm not sure. I live in Canada, so can someone please tell me what it is? Thank you.

You guys seem to know so much about this game, I figure that you'll be able to help me. Thanks a lot.

~Georgia~

1. yeah, it's Uni, because you need the paranormal career (Uni) to get the item to make them.

2. That should be with pets, yes

3. I heard 17th, but I'm in the US
Theorist
#47 Old 9th Oct 2006 at 4:27 AM
I think usually in Canada games come out one day later than in the US (I'm in Ontario, could be even later if you're in the extreme east or west) so maybe the 18th. I think there's exceptions for popular titles like Zelda where they come out the same day as the US.
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 9th Oct 2006 at 4:44 AM
Great, thanks! I was reading the transcripts and was becoming a bit confused, so you really cleared that up for me. Thanks again!

~Georgia~

P.S. Captain THPS4 - I'm in Alberta. Is that extreme west? I wouldn't really consider it to be, since I'm basically in the middle of the province.

Theorist
#49 Old 9th Oct 2006 at 4:49 AM
Hmmm...I don't think so, I was thinking about B.C and the maritime provinces when I said extreme east or west. I was thinking the farther away you are from Ontario, the longer it would take for Pets to get to your local stores. I could be wrong about that though.
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 9th Oct 2006 at 6:13 AM
It's usually pretty fast. It depends where I go though. The stores that specialize in games usually get it in earlier, just because that's their only merchandise. The other stores, like Zellers type stores, are usually a bit longer, just because they can sell other merchandise in the time being. But thanks!

~Georgia~

Page 2 of 2