Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Aug 2006 at 1:38 AM
Default can we adopt cats but customise them in the adoption place?
will we be able to adopt cats and dogs to already made family's and still be able to customise them as much as we could in a make a sim thing?
like when we adopt a animal could we customise them or are thay ready made?
Advertisement
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Aug 2006 at 2:33 AM
Hmmm I'm thinking it might be like the sim adoption pool. So you can make a bunch and have them taken away to end up there. Otherwise you'll get maxis-made default ones.

But I'm sure the awesome modders or amazing people that make insim will have a plastic surgery type option available for pets sooner or later!
Test Subject
#3 Old 27th Aug 2006 at 9:49 AM
I think you can customise pets in create-a-pet and then merge them with exsisting families.
Scholar
#4 Old 27th Aug 2006 at 7:52 PM
ya they said you could do that....i wonder tho if they way you adopt them is by callign like for a child or if the only way is to go off to a community lot and then buy one there (either that or adopt a stray) but i hope they will have a CAP come up when you go to buy one? otherwise the only way i can think of (that will let us have non maxis defaults) is to have ones made like we do for sims in body shop (as in we can select those ones when we are in CAS) but didnt they say they wont be doign that with pets? i need to know dag nabit !
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#5 Old 27th Aug 2006 at 7:59 PM
They've already stated the adoption process is via the phone.
#6 Old 28th Aug 2006 at 4:58 AM
^As discordkitty said.You call them up using the phone, and by what i saw on pics, you can choose what 1 you want.Then they come by police car (well the German Shepard did anyway) and if you dont want any pets, call up the Adoption place and put them up for adoption
#7 Old 28th Aug 2006 at 5:20 AM
I'm wondering how the pet shop will work/.

Will it be like a "pen" where you walk up and then you pick what you want, kinda like the clothes rack?

I couldn't imagine the game running with like, 20 dogs on one lot with 15 sims and such.
#8 Old 18th Sep 2006 at 9:02 AM
I've seen some screenshots that appear to have "pet bins" in them, so I'm a little curious about pet stores... I wouldn't want my townies buying pets I made!
Instructor
#9 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 1:14 AM
I seem to remember seeing/reading somewhere that by adopting over the phone, it is like adopting a child.. you get maxis premade ones. But in the pet shop there is like a mini CAP -- not as many options as the real one, but still a little bit of customization available.

Maybe I dreamed it though.
Theorist
#10 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 2:06 AM
No PunkyBreester, I don't think you dreamed it. I'm sure I read that adopting pets over the phone is like adopting a child. I saw a screenshot and the caption was that there's a simpler CAP when you buy a cat or dog at a pet shop.
#11 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 4:16 AM
I wonder if you Create-a-Pet and merge it with the family, how it will be recieved by the family. It`d be great if it were kind of like child birth, like "Oh look, a new pet!" But I hope its not like the family is just existing, and oh, theres a pet on the lot now.
Instructor
#12 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 4:19 AM
Oh, I hope not too! That's how it is when you merge families, I think. That is rather boring and kind of unrealistic... if there was suddenly another person/pet living with me.. I would have more of a reaction that just "Oh, hey.. and you are?"
#13 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 1:50 PM
It'd be cute to see sim kids rush out to play with the new animal lol
Test Subject
#14 Old 16th Oct 2006 at 3:29 PM
Pet shops you get a limited version of the CAP (eg no collars). Adoption you can see the details, and you get to choose a pet from at least 2 each of pupppies and kittens and some random adults and elders, which are already partially trained. You can also adopt strays if you make friends with them, like asking a sim to move in.

"Sanity is not statistical"
George Orwell, 1984