Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Dec 2018 at 4:24 AM Last edited by pretenshus : 16th Dec 2018 at 4:37 AM.
Default Help me name my island?
Random, I've finally edited a world and cannot think of a good name for it. I sometimes use real names from places on Earth, which is fine if it is interesting enough, and I sometimes take those names and substitute some portion of it with the word "sim," real creative. Generally the world gives me an idea of which to do because I base it off a culture but this edit was based around the bohemian interior design style rather than a specific culture (Although bohemian can be traced back to Romani and nomadic peoples) that I usually look for. The world is a kalapuna edit specifically so I could mix rural farming with bohemian island life... maybe a little Greek but not too much.
Pls help, I can't play it until I can name everything, specifically the world.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 16th Dec 2018 at 5:21 AM
I don't know... What about "Belushia"? /bə'luː ʃɪə/
I think it has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Dec 2018 at 6:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Naus Allien
I don't know... What about "Belushia"? /bə'luː ʃɪə/
I think it has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?

It does sound amazing, really nice but also tropical. I think it may be the "shia" part but it sounds Caribbean or resort-y which I'm trying to dodge. I'm leaning towards normal names that aren't necessarily cultural. I would of loved for it to be "Midway Island" even though that exists and I'm still considering it. I may choose a literal name also. I've continued to look and found out google has a remote islands map so I may go exploring.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 8:36 PM
I find this very helpful when trying to think of names for worlds, lots, sims etc.... https://www.fantasynamegenerators.com/island-names.php