Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Dec 2018 at 4:55 PM
Default NO Drink Sim (Cow milk) and Sim's Ghost WANTS
I tried to google but only saw questions about it A Decadeago. Enemies and Death are common in my type of game-play and even with 6 slots, the sims are constant wanting to see the sim's ghost or drink the cow-milk of this sim and fill up the want panel.

I ended up killing the "hated" sims because he/she ended up with 10+ enemies out of many different reasons because of these silly wants.

Does anybody know if any hacks been made that stop "see sims ghost" "drink sim" wants from appearing?

Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 18th Dec 2018 at 5:22 PM
There's a "See Ghost" want disabler here, but I don't know if it stops "See Sim Ghost" wants: http://midgethetree.tumblr.com/post.../want-disablers
However there's a tutorial on how to disable wants here: http://midgethetree.tumblr.com/post...eck-trees-hello
Alchemist
#3 Old 18th Dec 2018 at 9:35 PM
I have never heard of a cow milk want? What is that?!
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Dec 2018 at 9:47 PM
When a Sim is furious or enemy with another sims, they sometimes want to drink the milk (Juice?) from the cow-plant of that sims, which gives them 3days longing aging similar to the Elixir of Life. Natural Scientist Object.

Being semi-realistic simmer, I don't use these hacked objects like cow plants, elixir of life, money tree etc. Once in a while, the Cowplant is funny, but my sims have so many enemy it start to become an annoyance. One time, a sim wanted to feed three sims with this darn cow to drink the milk, filled three of six want slots.
Alchemist
#5 Old 18th Dec 2018 at 10:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Florentzina
When a Sim is furious or enemy with another sims, they sometimes want to drink the milk (Juice?) from the cow-plant of that sims, which gives them 3days longing aging similar to the Elixir of Life. Natural Scientist Object.

Being semi-realistic simmer, I don't use these hacked objects like cow plants, elixir of life, money tree etc. Once in a while, the Cowplant is funny, but my sims have so many enemy it start to become an annoyance. One time, a sim wanted to feed three sims with this darn cow to drink the milk, filled three of six want slots.

Oh! I've never actually seen the cow plant in game. I don't play with those things either. I do sometimes have my sims make strawberry juice to cure furiousness. I mean, that's natural, right? :D
Mad Poster
#6 Old 19th Dec 2018 at 6:55 AM
I thought that the cow plant want wasn't supposed to roll unless you had one on the lot?
Mad Poster
#7 Old 19th Dec 2018 at 9:47 AM
In my game it doesn't matter whether there are any cowplants present on the lot. If Sim A is angry enough at Sim B, there is a possibility of Sim A rolling a want to drink Sim B's essence (cowplant juice).
Mad Poster
#8 Old 19th Dec 2018 at 10:30 AM
Hmm, I guess my sims don't hate each other enough then. XD
Mad Poster
#9 Old 19th Dec 2018 at 11:42 AM
Play a test copy of Veronaville for a couple of rounds. With all the rage and feuding going on, you're almost guaranteed to see some wants to "drink sim" and "see sim's ghost."

The want to see the ghost of a specific sim isn't always triggered by hate. If someone your sim was close to died recently, your sim may want to see their loved one's ghost.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 19th Dec 2018 at 2:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
Play a test copy of Veronaville for a couple of rounds. With all the rage and feuding going on, you're almost guaranteed to see some wants to "drink sim" and "see sim's ghost."
Not in our Veronaville! It may have been like that once, and occasionally a little bit of the old feuding still flares up, but by and large it's a thing of the past. The Veronaville Sims have worked hard to build up a real sense of community and civic pride. Today's Veronaville is just a great place to live! I don't think many of its inhabitants would disagree with that.

I don't think I've ever seen the "Drink Sim" want, but I haven't had University very long. I believe there's a cowplant in the secret society lot at LGU (which is attached to another 'hood anyway -- not to Veronaville) but it must be the only one in my whole game, and no-one's been there yet. I'm not going to let any of my Sims have cowplants either -- it would infringe other Sims' constitutional and inalienable right to life.

My Sims aren't saints and some of them do occasionally get the "See ghost of ..." want. I don't really mind as long as they don't act on it. Hatred isn't good, but sometimes one just gets provoked beyond endurance. I remember quite early in my game, that Julian wanted to see the ghost of fireman Dorian Shankel. That though was rather understandable: Julian's dad Martin was trying to make lunch and somehow set the kitchen on fire. Julian was doing his homework just inside the front door and could easily have reached safety by going outside. But instead he bravely ran into the burning house, past the kitchen, to reach the telephone and call the fire brigade. Almost immediately an irate Dorian Shankel burst through the front door shouting at Julian, lecturing him, and fining him for making a hoax call. Somehow (I've no idea how) the fire had gone out. In the circumstances, it's not surprising that Julian hated that fireman and wanted him dead. But Julian is a gentle soul at heart and his anger didn't last long. He consoled himself by kissing and cuddling those he loved -- including his new boyfriend Andrew. If anything had happened to Dorian, he'd only have felt very guilty. It did affect his schoolwork for a while; after all, he had ben trying to do his homework when the whole thing happened, and it was hard to get back to studying.

So I don't think I'll try to mod these wants out of my game. They are very rare, and I think they mat provide a quite harmless way for my Sims to vent their often justifiable anger. But that tutorial that moveobjects linked to in post #2 could prove very useful. There are a few other wants I would pike to eliminate, or at least make less prevalent (like Knowledge teens wanting to go to private school). So thanks, moveobjects!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.