Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Oct 2006 at 9:55 AM
Default Poll: Download or Disc?
Hi
What do you prefer,Sim2Pets Download or Sims2Pets on Disc?

Id actually like the download,because it doesnt come out here till 26th. I went to download it and it said 'item not available for your country'.
People on the BBS from Oz mentioned that they D/Ld GLS absoulutly fine.

So,what would you prefer? Disc or Download?
Advertisement
#2 Old 12th Oct 2006 at 9:59 AM
Disc. But only because I don't tend to purchase online much, and besides, I think having a disc is much easier, since if there's downtime you won't need to wait. At least that's what I heard, never downloaded, can't say exactly. ^-^ Good luck, though!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 12th Oct 2006 at 10:10 AM
Disc. I prefer the security of having a disc, and the whole downtime thing sounds like a pain in the hiney.

My name is Loren.
#4 Old 12th Oct 2006 at 10:46 AM
I like having a disc. What if their server is down and you need to reinstall or something? I'd hate to wait on it. The internet can be so iffy at times, just give me a good old fashioned disc.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 12th Oct 2006 at 11:07 AM
Always a disc. That way, you'll always have a copy...
#6 Old 12th Oct 2006 at 1:19 PM
Disc. What if your computer crashed and you had to reinstall? Then wouldn't you have to buy it again to download?
Field Researcher
#7 Old 12th Oct 2006 at 1:32 PM
Disc...no likey download version...:P:D

Field Researcher
#8 Old 12th Oct 2006 at 2:01 PM
Definitely a disc, for one thing I like having a whole collection of my Sims 2 cases For another, the whole logging onto Exchange when you want to play thing sounds ANNOYING, and downtime, and blah blah...
Quote: Originally posted by missinickib
Disc. What if your computer crashed and you had to reinstall? Then wouldn't you have to buy it again to download?
I'm pretty sure it remembers you've already downloaded it or something.

Twitter | Tumblr | YouTube

28/11/07
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 12th Oct 2006 at 2:19 PM
Disc! I never buy something on the internet. And also: until now I have all my games on disc, why start downloading now?
Theorist
#10 Old 12th Oct 2006 at 10:37 PM
Disc all the way. Logging in every time to play sounds annoying, what if all of a sudden something weird happened to my Internet connection and I would have to go without it for a while? That would mean no internet=no sims.

I like to keep most of my game boxes too, sometimes I just like looking at them. I really liked some of the boxart for The Sims 1 expansions, especially Vacation.
#11 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 6:03 AM
Digital Download. I live far from anywhere and I don't have to be worrying do they have it yet? Is it in yet?Make the trip and find out I'm sorry we don't have it in. And I don't have to worry about cases and scratched discs or missing discs. I've downloaded all of my stuff packs and I prefer it.
Original Poster
#12 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 7:17 AM
hmmm,interesting
Chelsey,where are you from? what region do you gt yours from?
Test Subject
#13 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 7:27 AM
Disk. The file might take forever to download, even on a fast connection.
Banned
#14 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 7:35 AM
I prefer a disk.
Stupid people are stupid
#15 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 8:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chelsey
Digital Download. I live far from anywhere and I don't have to be worrying do they have it yet? Is it in yet?Make the trip and find out I'm sorry we don't have it in. And I don't have to worry about cases and scratched discs or missing discs. I've downloaded all of my stuff packs and I prefer it.

Can't you call the store to ask if they have it yet? Or if they can keep one for you, and call when they have it? That's what i do in my store..
Test Subject
#16 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 11:02 AM
Disc. It feels more secure, and since I have all the previous expansions... it comes out here on the 19th. Only 6 days to go.
Original Poster
#17 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 11:31 AM
Hmm...I guess im the only 1 undecided.lol!
I decided and found a way to download it! YES!!!!! Its downloading RIGHT NOW!
I think my internet is the 1thats meant to take 6hrs. Its only been going 40mins and already 25% It says 2hrs remaining! YAY!
Unfortunatly I cant play till 19th because of time differences and all,but hey! beats the 26th! :D
Field Researcher
#18 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 11:38 AM
Disc! I wouldn't thrust the downloads. What if something happened to m computer?

~*Sofie-Amalie*~
LJ
Forum Resident
#19 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 12:26 PM
definitely disc...
#20 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 11:26 PM
Disc. If I was changing computers I would have to back it all up on a disc anyway, so I might as well buy one to start with. I can keep ti with all my other sims discs so everything's in one place.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 11:28 PM
Disc definately, I don't like the idea of downloading the game off the website and you would be stuck if your computer dies and you don't have it on a disk.

Dont forget to thank, it makes people feel better to know that you appreciate their hard work :)
#22 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 11:31 PM
Def' getting it on disc. Not long ago my computer totally killed a start-up file somehow, and I had to reinstall all my programs, and lost all my files, and I doubt the 'puter would've remembered I had it.
Also, I play it on a computer with no internet, so that also kills the option. xD
Test Subject
#23 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 11:34 PM
Disc, 'cause as fast as my connction is, I wouldn't trust it with something that large. Honestly.
Original Poster
#24 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 11:44 PM
Chandi,my connection is the 6hr 1. The download took 2.5hrs! it zoomed from 60% to 99% in 30mins!
#25 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 11:54 PM
Disc, because I like keeping my game boxes and the security of a disc, plus, I wouldn not like having to log in to play, and not being able to if the internet is down, because if the internet is down, I usually play TS2.
Page 1 of 2