Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Aug 2006 at 3:20 AM
Default Have you PRE ORDERED pets?
I've been trying to look at a bunch of different message boards and ALOT of people have said they've pre ordered. Have you?
Advertisement
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Aug 2006 at 3:36 AM
I plan to, but haven't yet. I dropped off my pre-order cash for Glamour on Friday and at that point my local ebgames didn't have it in the computer yet
#3 Old 6th Aug 2006 at 3:41 AM
I am planning on pre ordering mine soon. I wanna make sure they don't run out before I get a chance to grab one.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Aug 2006 at 3:41 AM
Yeah, I really want to pre order, but I'm such a lamo that I don't know where I could preorder it. Grr. I really want it bad!! If you pre order, doesn't that mean you get it earlier then the release date?
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 6th Aug 2006 at 3:42 AM
Nah. Not gonna do that I'm gathering EPs at a painfully slowwww rate you see, so I'm not getting Pets until around a century later I don't even have Glamour Life, Family Fun and OFB!

EDIT: Mahenveau, I think you can Pre-order it at the official sims2 site here

Shoo, stop staring at this and go fly a kite.
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#6 Old 6th Aug 2006 at 3:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mahenveau
If you pre order, doesn't that mean you get it earlier then the release date?

No, you get it on the release date. However if you pre-order and pay in full or put down a deposit, they'll hold a copy for you even if all their on shelf copies are sold out. Or, they should ...

I've never pre-ordered online, so I'm guessing you just pay in full and they ship it to you in time to get it on the release date.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Aug 2006 at 3:48 AM
Omg!!! They Finally Announced It!! Whoooooo!!!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Aug 2006 at 3:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joeySimzee
Nah. Not gonna do that I'm gathering EPs at a painfully slowwww rate you see, so I'm not getting Pets until around a century later I don't even have Glamour Life, Family Fun and OFB!

Jeez, that stinks, here, you can DOWNLOAD family fun pack if you want.
http://thesims2.ea.com/about/sp1_ordereadownloader.php
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 6th Aug 2006 at 3:55 AM
Omg, nycoh.
That must suck...
Theorist
#10 Old 6th Aug 2006 at 4:28 AM
I haven't pre ordered Pets yet, but I probably will. This will most likely be one of the best selling games of the year, so it's a good idea to pre order. I'm just waiting to see if there is a pre order bonus like with the past few eps and FFS. :hmm:
Field Researcher
#11 Old 6th Aug 2006 at 4:35 AM
Not going to preorder...I like driving down to wal*mart, and buying it a few days or so after it's first out.

Mainly I like the battle between myself, and five other people for that last copy. Just call me CeJaye Warrior Princess! Ah, I remember getting OfB; a swift kick here, tossing a toddler or two there, scratching, hair pulling...Of course, I am kidding; when I went to get all of the EP's, there was a ton of copies, and no one in the computer game area. =)

Click HERE please, so I can up the sweet sweet page count. Thanks!

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx
Scholar
#12 Old 6th Aug 2006 at 4:40 AM
im not sure if i will or not i dont recall there being much hassle with the others in my town so i hope none with this ep either

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
#13 Old 6th Aug 2006 at 9:47 AM
The only hassle I foresee with not pre-ordering is waiting an extra week or two for Wal-Mart to have it in stock. And that is just not acceptable. Therefore, I will be ordering it from Amazon, preferebly because I can get free shipping ! :D
#14 Old 6th Aug 2006 at 9:49 AM
I pre-ordered the PS2 version at Gamestop already.
#15 Old 6th Aug 2006 at 10:49 AM
No I haven't yet. But i fully intend to within the next week, cause i didnt pre-order OFB and I had to wait for it to come back in stock@ Wal-Mart. So this time i'll be wise and soon as I get my check on Wednesday it's gonna be on and I'll be somewhere pre-ordering that and OFB while I'm at it......yayyyyy
#16 Old 6th Aug 2006 at 3:29 PM
I'm gonna pre-order the end of this month, so I won't be waiting over 2 months for it, just one month :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 6th Aug 2006 at 3:51 PM
Yeah, I just have to scrape up the money. I probably have enough, but I'm saving up for something.
#18 Old 6th Aug 2006 at 9:26 PM
Does anyone think it was a mistake for me to get the PS2 version instead of the PC version?
#19 Old 7th Aug 2006 at 1:16 AM
I'm waiting for the UK Amazon to put it up for pre-order - I'm hoping it won't be long. They already have the strategy guide for pre-order but no game I think the Nintendo DS version is up but no PC version.
Banned
#20 Old 7th Aug 2006 at 6:28 AM
Nope, I am not going pre-order it. I don't even have the NL EP yet!
#21 Old 7th Aug 2006 at 8:46 AM
I will preorder but only when Play sort out their prices. At the moment they've got it up for £27 rather than the usual £15 for expansion packs on their site. Unless Pets is REALLY expensive I think their confused with the price in dollars
#22 Old 7th Aug 2006 at 8:52 AM
I'm pre ordering as soon as I order my computer as well as the Glam Pack :D
Me=excited!
Field Researcher
#23 Old 7th Aug 2006 at 8:53 AM
I've never pre-ordered a game. So no, I'm not planning to pre-order pets. My store usually has a bunch, and if not, another place will. I hope. :D

Twitter | Tumblr | YouTube

28/11/07
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 7th Aug 2006 at 12:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Trissle
I will preorder but only when Play sort out their prices. At the moment they've got it up for £27 rather than the usual £15 for expansion packs on their site. Unless Pets is REALLY expensive I think their confused with the price in dollars

I was wondering about this too, but then I checked other sites and it isn't just play who have listed it as £34.99 (original price) as several others have it quoted at this price. The lowest I've seen was the £26.99 on play, which was supposedly a reduction from the actual price! This got me thinking: perhaps you can buy Pets for PC without having The Sims 2 beforehand? Perhaps it comes with the original game on it and that is why they've made it so expensive? Or perhaps Maxis have just realised the full selling potential of this game. After all, Unleashed was the biggest selling expansion for TS1, and so many people demanded Pets for TS2 that they can probably get away with selling it so dear! I'll still buy it, no matter what the cost (but shhh, don't tell Maxis!)

My avatar was the most beautiful teen I ever had in TS2, in a custom neighbourhood sadly lost to time about three laptops ago, but still remembered fondly!
#25 Old 7th Aug 2006 at 12:11 PM
I dont know if i'm gonna pre-order it or not ill prob just buy it online on the release date. I have all of the expansion packs so far but i dont have or want any of the stuff packs. Ive been waiting for pets 4 ages I think they should of made it befor they made uni because I think more people would rather have pets in the family then pack off teens to college.
Page 1 of 7