Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Dec 2018 at 2:26 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life
Default Festival Lot Issue - All Seasons spawning at once?
Hey all. I've tried googling around this and can't find anything on this specific issue (just lots of problems on how to create them in the first place). I'm using EllaCharmed's fixed Moonlight Falls, but didn't see anything about it not working with Seasons.

For some reason I don't have the Seasons Version of Eerie Park in my library, just the non-festival one. Which, no big. Weird? But no big. I'll just do it myself.

Got the lot set up for Spring / Summer / Fall / Winter

Change the name for each festival, Lock Common Objects In Place as the last step before backing out...

Go into Live Mode and....

All four seasons are showing up! At once! And the lot name doesn't change

Go back into build/buy on the lot and yup. All the objects are showing up in Spring. But if I go through and just select (without changing anything!) each season it 'resets' itself so all the objects only show up in their proper season. But as soon as you go back into live mode, everything is back spawning at the same time again.

Tried on a new copy of the world and the same thing happened there. No bueno. So... not my save. Anybody know what's goin' on?

(Game Patch 1.69. Mods Installed and up-to-date: ErrorTrap, Overwatch, Traveler, MasterController, StoryProgression, Woohooer, Decensor, Debugger)

Editing to add:
Yes, the lot is definitely set as a 'Festival Lot'

I bulldozed it and replaced it with the Appaloosa Plains festival ground (I have all the others in the library just... not... Moonlight? For some reason?) and that works fine, so gonna go ahead and assume it's not a problem with the world generally
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 7th Dec 2018 at 7:45 PM
Still can't get the bastard thing to work so we're having Christmas on Valentine's Day. Alternatively if anybody would like to upload a copy of the MF festival lot so I can pinch it from you...? Or knows where to get it? I cannae find it anywhere to download. The version in my library has the seasons icon but for some reason *isn't* a festival lot and has no seasonal marker or objects on it. I think maybe the library copy is just broke.

(Why yes I DID get 150 sim days into this game before I noticed. I'm not unobservant YOU'RE unobservant)
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 7th Dec 2018 at 9:17 PM
If MF means Moonlight Falls, it's here - https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetai...assetId=9076053
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Dec 2018 at 9:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KatyFernlily
If MF means Moonlight Falls, it's here - https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetai...assetId=9076053

Thanks! I wonder why that didn't come up when I searched Eerie Park on the exchange. Or Moonlight Falls. Weird