Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis Shower/Tub Combo Backless

by HugeLunatic Posted 30th Apr 2008 at 2:15 AM - Updated 14th Jan 2009 at 4:21 AM by HugeLunatic : adding non pets version...

194 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 167 Feedback Posts, 26 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 8
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#76 Old 6th May 2008 at 10:20 PM
I have added a version of the tub/shower combo that works pre-pets for anyone who doesn't have that EP. So if you have EP's up to NL, use the one ending in ...BASE. If you have Pets EP or LATER then use the one ending in ...SLAVE.

Please note that the new one for non pets users is still using the repository technique, so it is still linked to the original Maxis mesh for colors.

Thanks Jackie for being my guinea pig! :D
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 7th May 2008 at 10:06 AM
Thanks!!!! I have a Maxis style tub in my real-life house and I really hate the effect of the one piece style. Plus the in-game yellow curtain is just so bleah. This is so much nice and cleaner looking! Thank you! My sims and I love it. :o)

Please don't shop...adopt! www.drna.org Save a dachshund's life today!
Top Secret Researcher
#78 Old 7th May 2008 at 3:24 PM
Thanks for the update!
Field Researcher
#79 Old 8th May 2008 at 9:17 AM
you know, i was making a house yesterday and thought i could do with a backless shower and tub! And here it is! Thank you!

=^.^= Treacherous Kitten =^.^=

*Life is like a box of chocolates, sometimes it's squidgy & sometimes it's nuts, most of the time it's nuts*
Test Subject
#80 Old 12th May 2008 at 12:47 AM Last edited by Canoodle : 12th May 2008 at 8:27 PM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
You rule HL!!! *Runs to the forum to tell everyone!*

I sim, therefore I am.
Test Subject
#82 Old 12th May 2008 at 2:52 PM Last edited by Canoodle : 12th May 2008 at 8:27 PM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
Very nice Ms. P!nk!! Great job! :D
Test Subject
#83 Old 14th May 2008 at 8:54 AM
Oh. My. God.

I have been dying for something like this for ages, because, really, unless you get a BathFitter tub, doesn't everyone's REAL bathub look like this?

I can't WAIT to play my game tomorrow... Or whenever I find time... : ( Stupid adult responsibilities...

Malibu
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 14th May 2008 at 2:26 PM
Very nice! Thank you bunches!

Kat
Test Subject
#85 Old 24th May 2008 at 3:28 PM
Yes! Thank You!
Test Subject
#86 Old 29th May 2008 at 2:27 AM
What a great idea and excellent work too! Thanks!
Test Subject
#87 Old 29th May 2008 at 3:15 PM
How wonderful ! For some reason Maxis never seem to understand that we love matching things. Thanks for the great set.
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#88 Old 1st Jun 2008 at 7:44 AM
This opens up a lot of design options for bathrooms. Such a simple idea, but so very useful! Thank you!
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
#89 Old 7th Jun 2008 at 7:53 PM
Test Subject
#90 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 2:54 PM
oh wow thanks these are so much nicer than maxis ones. I can't wait to use them
Test Subject
#91 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 1:03 PM
I love your shower and tub, but I'm having trouble getting them to show up in my game. (I have all the eps to BV and Holiday stuff). They haven't shown up in the catalog and I can't select the Spring River curtains. Am I supposed to change a code somewhere? I'll keep trying, but any help is appreciated.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
#92 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 3:27 AM
Either one should work, whether its the base or pets version. You will see a new icon with the * in the corner denoting the new mesh, which should be right next to the original as the price is the same. The Spring River curtains(there are 2) are recolors of the original Maxis mesh.

Does other cc show in your game?
Test Subject
#93 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 3:26 PM
Other CC *does* show up, but a set of default painting replacements *just* started working after a week of not. So maybe I just need to wait for the game to notice it's there or something. I just wanted to make sure I didn't need to do anything more than stick it in the dl folder (like those stairs that needed a code change). Thank you!
Test Subject
#94 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 12:34 AM
Ahh ! very good idea This was much needed !! thanks a lot !!

LaGouLue, because I'm Worth It :)
Test Subject
#95 Old 31st Jul 2008 at 3:22 AM
I'm sorry but with this files my game crashed...
appear the error
"The application has crashed. The application will now terminate."
I dont know if im the only one... but stay here the warning

thanks*
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
#96 Old 31st Jul 2008 at 11:20 PM
I would think with the number of downloads that if this crashed, there would have been much more complaints. You either have the incorrect one for your EP configuration or you downloaded something else that is crashing your game. Did you read the thread to see which one you should download?

Did you download the correct one for your game? Do you have Pets or later ep? If so then download the first one, if you do not then download the one that has BASE in it.
Lab Assistant
#97 Old 8th Aug 2008 at 12:14 PM
love love love it!! thanks so much. I hate the maxis version

"Buildings burn, people die, but real love is forever".
R.I.P Brandon Lee
Field Researcher
#98 Old 9th Aug 2008 at 6:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
I love that you linked the textures! At first I thought, I don't need *another* backless version -- but this of course makes yours the one I will keep. Thank you! =)

Agreed!

This is fantastic work. Kudos!

Field Researcher
#99 Old 9th Aug 2008 at 8:31 PM
Where in the world did this come from? How could I have missed it?? Great job! Thanks!
Test Subject
#100 Old 10th Aug 2008 at 2:03 AM
This looks great, thanks.
Page 4 of 8