Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#4176 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 5:12 AM Last edited by Rosawyn : 8th Oct 2018 at 6:53 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Pizzatron-9000
Alternatively, if you don't feel like downloading and installing a mod and/or you want to be able to easily change the numbers yourself, you can also create or edit the userStartup.cheat file (under the Documents > EA Games > The Sims 2 [or The Sims 2 Double Deluxe, or equivalent] > Config subdirectory) with Notepad, then edit in any cheat codes that you want TS2 to start up with every time you start TS2 itself. To increase the maximum numbers of Sims, pets and visitors, add these lines to userStartup.cheat:

uintProp maxTotalSims [however many total Sims and pets you want in a household, at maximum]
uintProp maxTotalHumans [however many Sims you want in a household, tops]
uintProp maxTotalPets [however many dogs and cats you want in a household, tops]
intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims [however many Sims you want dropping in or being invited to your Simmy parties, tops]

My game has maxTotalHumans set to 15, maxTotalPets set to 15 and maxTotalSims set to 30 (because I'd guess that it's bad voodoo if you don't make TotalHumans + TotalPets = TotalSims), as well as maxNumOfVisitingSims set to 12. My Sims tend to throw some pretty massive parties.

If it's that easy, maybe I should do this for my game. I haven't really run into households not being big enough yet (though I feel this would change quickly if I got more into playing with pets, especially breeding them), but I'd like to be able to invite more guests over at one time. What's the default there, anyway? I know with parties I always end up inviting a few extra people outside the "throw a party" limit, which is ridiculously low.
Advertisement
Scholar
#4177 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 6:31 AM
Yesterday I did see a Sims 4 build on Youtube. It was a build where the living space was below ground level whit only the foundation visible and it was hidden/covered by plants, trees and stuff. And it's not possible to rebuild that in Sims 2! Grrrr....!
Mad Poster
#4178 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 10:52 AM
intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims [however many Sims you want dropping in or being invited to your Simmy parties, tops]

This will also set the number of Secret Society members summoned to the Secret Society lot in University. If you ever plan to visit that lot, don't set this number too high or your game will be spammed with Secret Society members.
Mad Poster
#4179 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 7:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
This will also set the number of Secret Society members summoned to the Secret Society lot in University. If you ever plan to visit that lot, don't set this number too high or your game will be spammed with Secret Society members.

With Pescado's antiredudancy, it was my understanding that there should only be one Secret Society member. Does setting this number to anything at all override that and force that that number of SS members into existence?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4180 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 8:05 PM
If you ever plan to visit that lot, don't set this number too high or your game will be spammed with Secret Society members.

The most fun I ever had at a secret society was with a cowplant and 50 SS members.
Mad Poster
#4181 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 9:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
With Pescado's antiredudancy, it was my understanding that there should only be one Secret Society member. Does setting this number to anything at all override that and force that that number of SS members into existence?

Not quite: antiredundancy will take regular university dormies and induct them into the secret society until the coding is happy there are enough, rather than spawning new dormies. At least, that's been my experience with it.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Inventor
#4182 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 10:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by inspiredzone
Why are there grills on all the premade uni lots? Would you trust the average university student with raw meat and fire? Would you trust them with raw meat and fire at the historic music hall?

I'm slowly redesigning all the lots and OMG so many grills. I don't even think we were allowed grills in campus housing when I went.

Well, at least with the outdoor grills, Sims can't burn anything worse than the food itself. The stoves and microwaves in the dorms are far, far greater risks to their health, mood and university property, especially concerning students and cafeteria workers with low Cooking.

But yeah, why does the Sim State Library have a grill? Not that I'm complaining, because being able to grill up some BLT burgers means not having to break their massed Group Research sessions to wander back to the dorm just to fill their Hunger gauges. But, all the same, why?

If it's that easy, maybe I should do this for my game. I haven't really run into households not being big enough yet (though I feel this would change quickly if I got more into playing with pets, especially breeding them), but I'd like to be able to invite more guests over at one time. What's the default there, anyway? I know with parties I always end up inviting a few extra people outside the "throw a party" limit, which is ridiculously low.

Those cheat codes have definitely served me well! Jolene Lupina (the "Patient Zero" werewolf in my game) started off with four puppies and has bred them into ten dogs, and I'm thinking of moving her into a larger lot so she can have even more! Training dogs – in both behavior and tricks – isn't nearly as hard for werewolves, so she spends most of her time caring for the dogs, sending them all to work as Rescue Pets, maintaining her 30+ friendships through phone calls and invite-overs, and running three small businesses to supplement her income. She spends far more Aspiration Points on Kibble of Life than she spends on Elixir of Life, which is probably something that should never happen.

And my Wilderfire household now has eight children and their two mothers (plus the SimBlender which made those pregnancies possible), for a total of ten.

And recently, tinkerer extraordinarie Jazz Freefeet graduated from college, started her own car dealership and, to celebrate, invited four friends over to her house, then started a house party by inviting six people on top of that. Then the police broke the party up and sent those ten guests home after 11:00 PM rolled around.

Too bad I was so focused on getting the policeman in that screenshot that I neglected to go one floor up to where Jazz and all but one of the partiers were eating and dancing. So all you see is You Idiot! the Servo internet-surfing on Jazz's computer. My bad.

I didn't know that! I thought it was normal for the entire Secret Society to show up when welcoming your Sim into their ranks.

But the Landgraab Society alone starts off with ten members; my game's Landgraab Society has considerably more members than that now. You know how townies, dormies, downtownies, tourists and natives can form friendships and enemyships with each other by interacting with each other? I assumed that the new Society members had been added to the Society because they had autonomously formed friendships with three standing Society members (including some of my college Sims).

Interesting.

Quote: Originally posted by simsample
The most fun I ever had at a secret society was with a cowplant and 50 SS members.

You speak of the Landgraab Society as well, I presume. Their Cowplant scares me. So it never leaves its enclosure.

But considering that the Landgraabers live like filthy swine (compelling my own Society Sims to clean up after them to repair the Environment and to prevent anyone from being eaten alive by houseflies), I wouldn't be surprised if your Cowplant has spat out more than a few of your Landgraabers.

Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
Not quite: antiredundancy will take regular university dormies and induct them into the secret society until the coding is happy there are enough, rather than spawning new dormies. At least, that's been my experience with it.

It would be nice if the game would spawn a few new students every now and then, and perhaps even force old students to graduate and become townies. It would help keep the campus student pool fresh.

Maybe there is a way to do that, with or without cheat codes or objects...kind of like how I was getting tired of looking at the same three masseuses all the time, so I forced my game to spawn more masseuses by building a community lot with 14 massage tables. My game has plenty more masseuses to pick from now (even if a few of them are weirdoes with Custom Content like lava-looking elemental skin and purple fairy eyes, but at least I got my variety)!

"$21! Oh, how COULD you?" --Kankritty
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4183 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 10:57 PM
You speak of the Landgraab Society as well, I presume. Their Cowplant scares me. So it never leaves its enclosure.

I made a custom uni and SS lot for my neighbourhood Bluehaven. The SS lot (which is a replica of the Strangetown Beaker house) had an unguarded cowplant at the front, and over the generations sims added further cowplants around the lot. So much fun!
Inventor
#4184 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 11:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I made a custom uni and SS lot for my neighbourhood Bluehaven. The SS lot (which is a replica of the Strangetown Beaker house) had an unguarded cowplant at the front, and over the generations sims added further cowplants around the lot. So much fun!

Ah. I assume that your Simmy teens brought Mom and Dad's Cowplants with them (in their inventories) when they went to college. I just started doing things like that with Benne Evolence (daughter of Doctor Malevolence, who created You Idiot! the Servo back there); Mom and Dad had three of those Books First for Learning bookshelves (from the Education career track) standing around the house, so Benne brought one with her when she went to college, then followed my little tradition where any student who lives in a dorm has to donate something to the dorm or improve it for future students in some way. So that's why my Castle Von Carstein dorm has a Bookshelf of Education now.

So how many Simmy students get fed to that Cowplant per semester, you evil, evil Simmer, you? :D

"$21! Oh, how COULD you?" --Kankritty
Test Subject
#4185 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 3:47 AM
Quote:
It would be nice if the game would spawn a few new students every now and then, and perhaps even force old students to graduate and become townies. It would help keep the campus student pool fresh.

It is possible to force old students out, with proper use of SimPE (uncheck "Young Adult", hand-pick a degree, and set them a job at level 2 or 3). The game will then spawn replacements, if they were graduated from an active dorm (i.e. one with "playable" Sims). You will probably have to upgrade them with the Batbox or a similar hack, though, as they will not have earned the extra Want and Fear slots, or the extra lock.

Alternatively, you could keep the same Sim files and use SimPE and/or one of the in-game hacks to change their names and appearances (this works particularly well for the mascots and cheerleaders).

I tend to use a combination of both methods, depending on how much I like the particular non-playable student.
Mad Poster
#4186 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 5:05 AM

So if I have antiredundancy (which I do) and I create an empty custom university attached to my (empty) custom hood, and I set "intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims 15" in my userStartup.cheat, when I eventually send a sim to that still empty and 100% unpopulated college, how many Secret Society members will I get? I'd just rather not have 15, I think, but I'd like to be able to invite more people to parties without having to manually call each extra guest.
Mad Poster
#4187 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 7:54 PM

No, that's nossrespawn that does that. I think all antiredundancy does with SS members is to prevent any being spawned at all unless you visit the Secret Society lot.

Quote: Originally posted by SimMaven
It is possible to force old students out, with proper use of SimPE (uncheck "Young Adult", hand-pick a degree, and set them a job at level 2 or 3). The game will then spawn replacements, if they were graduated from an active dorm (i.e. one with "playable" Sims). You will probably have to upgrade them with the Batbox or a similar hack, though, as they will not have earned the extra Want and Fear slots, or the extra lock.

Alternatively, you could keep the same Sim files and use SimPE and/or one of the in-game hacks to change their names and appearances (this works particularly well for the mascots and cheerleaders).

Or you could just use Syberspunk's "Grow Up Townies" mod...

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...hp?topic=4842.0
Mad Poster
#4188 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 2:08 AM
No, that's nossrespawn that does that. I think all antiredundancy does with SS members is to prevent any being spawned at all unless you visit the Secret Society lot.

Oh ok, but I have all the anti redundancy and no re-spawn mods (including Cyjon's There Can Be Only One Professor). Guess I forgot which one does what, exactly. But I'm still wondering if I'm going to be overriding whichever one (I guess nossrespawn) by having that user startup cheat. Has anyone ever tried them together? Am I the only one who wanted bigger parties but didn't want my uni overrun with unnecessary unplayables?
Mad Poster
#4189 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 8:08 PM
Oh ok, but I have all the anti redundancy and no re-spawn mods (including Cyjon's There Can Be Only One Professor). Guess I forgot which one does what, exactly. But I'm still wondering if I'm going to be overriding whichever one (I guess nossrespawn) by having that user startup cheat. Has anyone ever tried them together? Am I the only one who wanted bigger parties but didn't want my uni overrun with unnecessary unplayables?

Yes, I've done exactly that with those mods and that cheat in my userstartup file. That's why I posted a warning. I disabled the intprop cheat since I don't throw that many parties and I really do not want that many secret society members. I guess just be really careful what numbers you use?

Read all about my incident here. There's a link to a screenshot too.
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...623#post5366623
Mad Poster
#4190 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 9:25 PM
I disabled the intprop cheat since I don't throw that many parties

I tend to throw a lot of wedding parties, but it sounds like it's much safer to disable that cheat for sure. As annoying as it is to manually call and invite over all the guests that won't fit in that ridiculously limited party interface. /sigh
Mad Poster
#4191 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 10:05 PM
If I want more guests (such as my routine party-crasher), I just use Inge's teleporter cat. I believe that Christianlov's easy phone also allows more Sims than specified in the intprop.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#4192 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 10:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
If I want more guests (such as my routine party-crasher), I just use Inge's teleporter cat. I believe that Christianlov's easy phone also allows more Sims than specified in the intprop.

I just want to be able to invite sims so they still have the option to say no or be at work or whatever. Dragging them in is basically divine intervention, and that feels a bit over the top just to get a certain guest at a party.
Mad Poster
#4193 Old 17th Oct 2018 at 10:15 PM
When furniture clips through walls. Or when curtains clip through furniture.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#4194 Old 18th Oct 2018 at 3:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
When furniture clips through walls. Or when curtains clip through furniture.

I think you could use the boolprop snapobjectstogrid false cheat to fix that but if you had already knew that than I apologize.
Mad Poster
#4195 Old 18th Oct 2018 at 7:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Squidconqueror
I think you could use the boolprop snapobjectstogrid false cheat to fix that

I've only ever used that for some deco things - does it work with furniture, or wouldn't it make the animations wonky?
Link Ninja
#4196 Old 18th Oct 2018 at 7:42 PM
I may work for things like sofas or end tables but I doubt it would work for chairs that need to scoot into desk or tables because if find those very finicky, if they are not perfectly aligned together the sim with throw a big fit and not be able to use them.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Top Secret Researcher
#4197 Old 18th Oct 2018 at 7:48 PM
It works for sofas, armchairs, recliners, end tables, coffee tables, but, as Charmful said, not for dining chairs and tables, or desks.
Scholar
#4198 Old 18th Oct 2018 at 8:06 PM
I makes me wonder if anybody made a fix that fixes the routing error when you move certain furniture off the grid.
Field Researcher
#4199 Old 18th Oct 2018 at 9:22 PM
I hate when my Sims go to feed the baby all the time. They never stop! And they don't even put the baby back in the crib, either. I have to lock them out of the baby's room so they'll do something else for a while.

All's fair in love, war, and video games! ~LyokoGirl5000
Mad Poster
#4200 Old 18th Oct 2018 at 9:23 PM
Try either Pescado's nobabyharrassment or twojeff's anti-baby swarming mod.

Page 168 of 274