Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jun 2016 at 8:07 PM
Default simslice objects needed
bought a subscription to simslice because my computer crashed and I had to start over but they took my money and the password did not work.i need a few simslice items , does anyone have any ideas?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 6th Jun 2016 at 8:14 PM
The booty, maybe?

Just so you know, a lot of Simslice's objects use NPCs, and these objects can cause corruption if you're not careful with them (such as if you remove them from your downloads after installing).
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 6th Jun 2016 at 9:31 PM
I thought the days of sims 2 paysites were over.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 6th Jun 2016 at 10:39 PM
Simslice site doesn't work, you gave your money to a void. Don't give your money to pay sites ever, it's wrong. You can get everything to need for free, as it should be. Sim slice is on the Booty, just be really careful before you use some of that stuff. Make a backup.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Meet Me In My Next Life
#5 Old 6th Jun 2016 at 11:43 PM
Here this is what Google give you for Simslice at the "Booty" it all free there. http://svs.paysites.mustbedestroyed...mslice/objects/ [
You can also do a Google search in type in Simslice/ Booty index it will even show more of different items.

NOTE: Jo's right always have a backup always.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 7th Jun 2016 at 12:33 AM
Also, ask them for your money back.

Grrrr - that makes me cross.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Theorist
#7 Old 7th Jun 2016 at 1:31 AM
Cancel the payment through your bank, or however you paid, telling them you did not receive what you paid for. As others mentioned here, some of their objects can corrupt your game and, from my experience, a few things I tried do not work and cause glitches or other problems.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Undead Molten Llama
#8 Old 7th Jun 2016 at 1:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
I thought the days of sims 2 paysites were over.

They pretty much are, so far as I've seen. Most are simply gone and/or have gone "free." (Even if just T$R's brand of free, where they make the site extremely annoying to use in hopes that you'll pay for a "subscription" just to get rid of the annoyances.) There's still ATS, with her "donation" items, I suppose, but I can't think of others off the top of my head that are still around. Honestly, I can't believe that you can still give money to SimSlice, since they're not really there anymore. *shakes head* I also can't believe that there are people who don't know about the Booty....but then I suppose there are players who came to TS2 after the T$R vs. The "Pirates" dust settled...

Apparently, though, there's a whole new generation of people who make stuff for TS4 who think it's A-OK to require "donations" to get to their CC! This, I've learned from the dramallamas on SimSecret. Everything old is new again!

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 7th Jun 2016 at 7:04 AM
Some of the paysite supporters discovered adf.ly and paypal buttons for donations, I guess.

If they offer "special" downloads for "donations", that's still a paysite as far as I'm concerned. If you can get all the downloads for free without donating, but they have a donation button to help keep their site running, then that's something entirely different. A donation is something given freely, out of the want to support, not something you do to pay for special items.
Undead Molten Llama
#10 Old 7th Jun 2016 at 7:34 AM
Yes, some people seem to not know what a "donation" is. As in, if someone must give you money in order to receive a specific something, that's not a donation. That's a purchase. I suppose you could call the CC they get a "gift-with-purchase," like how non-profits give you a gift when you make a contribution during a pledge drive..except that no CC creator looking to make money is a non-profit so...Yeah, not a donation. And some people also don't seem to understand that no one is entitled to payment for making Sims CC, no matter how much time, blood, sweat, and/or tears they put into what they make. I've got absolutely no problem with people who put Paypal donate buttons on their CC-sharing site, so long as no one has to click it to get to any of the goods. I've been known to click such buttons from time-to-time, even...or I did before I boycotted Paypal, anyway. I guess I just kind of take breaking license agreements a little seriously. It's probably because a chunk of my own income is from royalties and residuals, so...Yeah, I'm touchy.

And yeah, ad.fly does seem to be a thing, doesn't it? I suppose, in the end, that at least the downloader isn't paying any money, just having to endure ads, like they do on T$R, so it's not that bad...but CC creators are still making money they shouldn't, by rights, be making...although as I understand it, it's pocket change at best, so...It's more of a "principle of the thing" sort of...thing.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 7th Jun 2016 at 8:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Duine
Cancel the payment through your bank, or however you paid, telling them you did not receive what you paid for. As others mentioned here, some of their objects can corrupt your game and, from my experience, a few things I tried do not work and cause glitches or other problems.

Some things like the fan cones are okay, and so long as you have a backup and test it only in a throw away hood and then exit the game even npc making downloads are okay. They only attach themselves to hoods you load. This is one reason I like to have separate game folders.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#12 Old 7th Jun 2016 at 8:50 AM
/me dusts off her poor little tumblr donate button

/me is now hacking, sneezing, coughing and covered in dust

:D

Poor little button. It was so proud of itself when it was all shiny and new all those years ago.

(My ex used to ask me why I even had a donate button since it rarely gets clicked.. he always told me I should make people pay for my creations. NO WAY. A little bit of dust never hurt anyone.)
Test Subject
#13 Old 8th Jun 2016 at 8:37 PM Last edited by cujoke : 8th Jun 2016 at 8:38 PM. Reason: needed to add onto my message
I have the same problem as you =| and the booty is down right now so can't even get the items from there. Hopefully there's another alternative.

I actually paid for a TSR sub so I could get rid of the 15 pop ups and timers every time I needed ONE item. Before I canceled the sub, they charged me AGAIN days before it was time to even charge me. The items that I tried to download didn't even work! I had used the sim file option instead of the zip file. Guess what they told me? I should have used the zip file option. Ok..why is the sim file an option if it doesn't work? I asked for the baskets to be converted to zip and I got ONE basket back. I had downloaded probably over 20 baskets worth. So long story short, wasted my money, got charged before I was supposed to.

Def done with any sort of pay/donation sites.

EDIT: I don't mean the tumblr donation buttons btw ^-^;
Mad Poster
#14 Old 9th Jun 2016 at 4:30 PM Last edited by gazania : 9th Jun 2016 at 5:20 PM.
Some of us have been burned by pay sites like you have. So I commiserate. Here is my long tale. For those teal deerers, you have been warned.

Back in the earliest days of my Simming, I paid for a Sims 2 utility which is still on the web today. (TS2 Enhancer). I was under the mistaken impression that this program would be updated. To be fair, it was a really easy-to-use program; appealing to a really-green newbie Simmer like myself.

Well, when I installed Seasons, only a few months after I got the program, the program just stopped working. Period. Nada. I still don't have any idea why. I did what most people would do: I used the e-mail address on the site to request assistance. The creator never replied. I read that he was very ill at the time, and I do hope he's recovered. I don't wish harm on him, even if what he did was disreputable. But this was over a course of several months and multiple e-mails. He did release updated programs long after my issue and his reported illness ... for an extra fee, of course. And it was much more money than requested on that site now.

Angry? That's an understatement. It was then that I saw the pay sites for what just about all of them are, if not all of them. Not only do you have to shell out money under iffy terms, if your product doesn't work, you're out of luck, even if you have a copy of the receipt. Most of the time, you don't even get a "drop dead" or canned response.

But there is a bright side; a lesson learned. Shortly after this time, I read about a place nicknamed "The Booty". I was one of the earlier members. I read of very similar stories from others burned by pay sites. At the time (I admit the forums got saltier there later), most of us were pretty kind to each other. It was a place where we realized that no, we weren't the only ones screwed by shady CC and shadier customer service. That there was a problem out there with pay sites, in more ways than one.

And it was from there that I learned that programs like Sim PE did almost all of the stuff this TS2 Enhancer did ... for free. I say "almost" because what it couldn't do was stuff in the Sims 2 Enhancer that we now know openly corrupted your hoods. Not only did I get a bum program ... I corrupted my hoods like mad using a couple of the features!

So I echo others' warnings with these pay sites. Some haven't been updated in years. Some have broken content or stuff that can corrupt your hood, like the TS2 Enhancer and SimSlice. And many have been abandoned or run by people who apparently went to the Charles Ponzi School of Deceptive Arts.

As for The Booty, it goes down at times. I'd try again in a couple of weeks or so, and keep trying unless someone gets some sort of notice.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Scholar
#15 Old 9th Jun 2016 at 7:49 PM
simscave also has a lot of the pay site stuff for free so you can check there if the booty is down.
Test Subject
#16 Old 11th Jun 2016 at 10:56 AM
Hmm i have the simslice item, i love them and they never gave me any problem but yeah i got them in booty... i started using their items since the sims 1 when they made those pigs farm and it was so fun to have that, the pigs would sh...t everywhere , by now i have the crystal love and engaging ring box many of their objs are very useful and never caused any problems in my game. <3 <3
Field Researcher
#17 Old 12th Jun 2016 at 1:12 AM
I try the Wayback machine but does not work
Mad Poster
#18 Old 12th Jun 2016 at 3:00 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 12th Jun 2016 at 3:13 AM.
What really bothers me with Adf.ly is that people use them on Tumblr and similar sites (which can be used as 100% free, mind), and with file hosts that offer free space - even when using Simfileshare, which doesn't even have paid subscriptions for extra space. Which means the only reason they do use it, is to earn money. In my eyes, that's up there with paysites. Yes, you can pay to enchance Tumblr pages and get more space for your downloads, but that's purely a choice, not somebody else should have to either pay or suffer great annoyances for.

I've had a couple of minor Adf.ly scares before I installed adblock and a couple of other things. No viruses as far as I know, but a few site relocations and the like, and I'm as skeptical to them as I am to popups. Adf.ly is only there to be an annoyance, and I regard it as a pest. The only reason I occasionally venture into those forsaken lands is because there's sometimes treasure there...

By the way, another thing with the booty is that they removed things like file trackers and other suspicious things some might put into their files, so the files downloaded there would usually be somewhat safer.

And for those who say "but I haven't noticed any bugs in my game" either downloaded the things that don't cause bugs, already have some hidden corruption in their game, or downloaded the 'wrong' things but didn't do the things that can potentially corrupt the game (like removing NPC items from the Downloads folder). A lot of simslice items have NPCs - basically, if it moves around on its own accord using either the robotic systems or remote control systems, it's a NPC item.
Test Subject
#19 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 4:11 AM
I might be a bit of a thread necro, but I just wanted to point out that the entire site of simslice seems to be gone, No matter what happens it can not load the page. Even sites that check a sites status say they that they get no response from simslice.com. So yeah, it looks like the site has gone totally offline. So now the only way to get simslice stuff is from paysitesmustbedestroyed lol.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 3:48 PM
It's about time. That site has been a ghost site for years, just sucking money from unsuspecting simmers.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Test Subject
#21 Old 12th Sep 2020 at 2:09 PM
many many moons ago i fell for the simslice subscription. Luckily i was coherent enough to make a cd of all my old mods before switching to a new computer. My subscription was done through pay pal, i put in a claim through them. At first they denied the claim, but after having several more complaints i ended up getting all my money back and an apology email.

IN WAR, PRAY OVER THE DEAD AND RIDE ON, FOR THERE IS ALWAYS ANOTHER FIGHT ON THE HORIZON.