Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 6:52 AM Last edited by attuned : 21st Oct 2017 at 7:21 AM.
Default Builders Wanted especially TS2 and TS4 peeps
The trimonthly theme (October through December) is seasons and celebrations. This theme seems to me to be perfect for a collaboration. I think a group of builders can get together and create a complementary project around holidays. In TS3, perhaps a group can build a seasonal lot, with one person making the park, and then others using the same lot for each season. In TS2 and TS4, perhaps someone could build a lot that others decorate for each season. Or perhaps a group can get together and each build a home decorated for different celebrations. Let me know your ideas and if you are willing to work with other members to craft a special project.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 3:24 PM
I like the different homes idea, I guess a park isn't going to do it since most of us are residential builders.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#3 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 6:27 AM Last edited by SimmyRN : 17th Oct 2017 at 2:33 AM.
I'm good with either but, personally, I'd rather work on a community lot than residential. I think it would be fun to take a park and decorate it for the seasons/different holidays. I'd be happy to do some looking for parks to recreate, if we want to go that route.

Here's a list of some potential American parks for inspiration: https://www.thrillist.com/travel/na...arks-in-america. Maybe folks from other countries would have suggestions?

Here's a bunch of park maps that could be used for inspiration: https://www.google.com/search?q=map...ofhJAkazsyYcbM:.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 5:55 AM
Johnny_Bravo- I said park because most of the festival lots are parks in TS3. I am happy with either park or home.

SimmyRN- That's great! Are you talking about a festival lot or seasonal decorating on a park lot? Either works for me.

Anyone else?

New at Simszoo
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 2:07 PM
Yes, I would love to do that, too. I'm good with either (residental or community lot), though a community lot might offer more options without using too much cc.
Scholar
#6 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 4:25 AM
Gosh, I shouldn't have looked more closely at the park maps. Some of those would make really nice worlds/neighborhoods! Like I need another project ... Maybe someone has a park/lot they'd like to offer as a base for either a seasonal lot or to be decorated separately? It might be fun to take a "downtown" / town square rabbit hole type lot and decorate it for holidays like they tend to do in towns and cities. Or, take/make a commercial building and decorate it and the lot. It would have to be no CC for me but there is a lot of pretty Store holiday content - some free. (I'm thinking attuned's Pleasant Pond but we might want something bigger.)
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 10:34 PM Last edited by Vincent T. : 21st Oct 2017 at 9:08 AM.
Hm, I'm afraid my lots are not really suitable, either thematically not versatile enough or too small. I would suggest not to use a large lot though for performance reasons. If I remember correctly attuned's Pleasant Pond was basegame? This would be a perfect start.

Those parks look great, SimmyRN! So maybe there will be a new world by you? This would be great

The only lot of mine that might be useful is one of the barn lots - it could be residental, or a market type of lot (christmas market), or a harvest festivity type or whatever: Version A or Version B (no need to register at the Simszoo, I would provide a copy of course). And of course it can be entirely redecorated (wallpapers etc) for a different look.
Screenshots
Scholar
#8 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 6:12 AM
Yes, Pleasant Pond is base game and 40x40 so might be a nice base for a park / seasonal lot. I'm attaching the overhead view. The only lot that I can think of I have is the 64x64 lot from downtown Simmington. It has several rabbit holes on it but quite a bit of room to decorate as a "town square". (That's kind of what I modeled on.) It might be too big though. I'm not sure I have an overhead of it but I could take one. What do we think?
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 7:21 AM
I like all of these ideas! Are we thinking an official festival lot, or 4 separate versions, one for each season? I would love if we could get another TS3 builder on board, and I am willing to twist arms if necessary.

How big are the festival lots in your worlds, Simmy and Vincent?

I recently discovered that if you have a pond on a festival lot, and it freezes in the winter and is large enough to ice skate on, you will get festival tickets when you do.

New at Simszoo
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 9:16 AM
The barn lots are 25x20 and 25x25 so they are rather small. I added some screenshots to the post. The festival lot in my world (Northeney) is 60x60 but I don't think you meant that? This can of course be used, too, but it's not that versatile I think. I attached an overview just in case. The pond on this lot is large enough to skate on though
Screenshots
Scholar
#11 Old 22nd Oct 2017 at 11:21 PM Last edited by SimmyRN : 23rd Oct 2017 at 12:06 AM.
I like all of these lots, too! The Simmington Showtime festival lot is 30 x 40 and based on the "Festival at the Cannery" EA lot. Of course, it could be completely - or mostly - demolished and something else done there. I almost forgot about Oceanside Square in Bleake Islands. It's 30x25. We could go either way - separate lots or a seasonal/festival lot. It would be trickier to do the seasonal/festival lot as you have to be careful to not accidentally move items from the "common items" layer to another layer and so forth. (Not that I've ever done that ... ) But, I'm sure we could manage.
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 6:31 AM
I will take a look at all the EA festival lots and see if I can get an idea on an ideal size. I feel of two minds about the festival lot. There are not that many out there, so it might be a nice offering. On the other hand, I am a fan of the base game build, and obviously a festival lot requires the seasons ep. I am happy this theme runs 3 months. I might actually have a submission uploaded before the very last day.

New at Simszoo
Scholar
#13 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 7:34 PM
I believe the majority of EA festival lots are 64x64, with one or two 50x50, and, maybe one smaller 40x40 or 30x40, etc. They are usually too big for the worlds/neighborhoods I play. So, a well made smaller lot might be appreciated. On the other hand, players may expect bigger lots. To go base game would be strictly about decorating whereas a festival lot would have that functionality. Perhaps offer both - a decorated (base game) lot(s) and a festival lot? I'm fine with either or both.