Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Apr 2024 at 10:20 PM Last edited by lucy kemnitzer : 1st May 2024 at 5:44 PM. Reason: Found my answer & wanted to share
Default some gameplay questions to do with kids(solved)
My Sims 3 game is for me, my sims 4 game is for my grandgoblin. She wants a no-romance, no-aging, no-dying game where she can mainly watch her little self-sim do fun things. I was disappointed that removing aging did not keep the animals immortal too, but the anti-aging treat for the rodent was actually pretty fun, so that was okay. I have tried to remove all romance-not possible? Flirty socials keep coming up for the dad, which we cancel, but it would be nice not to have to.

A bigger question is: how do I get her sim child to meet other sim children? The neighborhood came with a couple, but we never saw them, so I made two more families just so she'd have other kids. But she doesn't meet them at school or scouting(the school seems to only have fictitious children in it), and when we go to community lots the other children are never there. I've tried adding more child-friendly items to a park, but still no kids. I looked for a mod that will allow me to summon chosen sims to a community lot, but didn't find one. I've added lot traits I thought might help-sunny and child's play-but we haven't been back yet. The dad has a rich social life without trying, so why not the kid?

Along that line, do any of the street festivals have worthwhile activities for kids? Or are they all for getting the romantic groove on for young adults?

(also, as long as I'm complaining: I've had to "repair the launcher" and restart the computer every time we've played... )

EDIT: I found the answer. I installed Little Ms Sam's "more visitors" mod. I tweaked several community lots to be better for kids, gave them the "more visitors" lot challenge from the mod, & made sure each lot has a gate or door on it to click & call visitors (I specified kids but you can specify elsewise). It works beautifully.