Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jan 2019 at 4:38 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sim has met himself but Hoodchecker reports no "Met Self" memories..
I've posted in the Stupid/Random Questions but something else happened since I posted that comment.....

Notes:
I'm playing an Uberhood using Tarlia's templates.
I've fixed majority of the conflicts that HCDU had shown me (some of which were fine).

The issue:
Jacob Martin has "met himself" after going on a date with Sandra Roth on a community lot when I was playing her household. Picture under spoiler shows his memory of actually meeting himself. Sandra Roth was "caught cheating" by a clone of Jacob Martin that actually doesn't exist. Hoodchecker hasn't picked up anything related to relationships but it did however, pick up memories from Loki Beaker (subject) & Jonah Powers (burglar).

Sign of big corruption? BFBVFS any time soon?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Jan 2019 at 10:38 AM
This might happen if there's multiple instances of a Sim on-lot. (If it happens more than once, check the portals. In Black Mesa I had an apartment complex that had fucked up portals and a Sim got into a brawl with himself on the roof.) I wouldn't worry about it, just remove the memories with SimPE or Aaroneous's Memory Manipulator.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#3 Old 22nd Jan 2019 at 1:17 PM
That is normal, Maxis made so that all sims start with a zero relationship with themselves to prevent met self memory. Hoodchecker incorrectly flags relationship with self as a problem and not memory of met self provided the memory parameters are correct.

In the source code Hoodchecker has an disabled option to ignore relationships with self so it seems Mootilda was considering treating relationships with self as normal. For the A&N updated version of Hoodchecker I reversed the default value for that option and left it disabled so it doesn't remove the relationship with self.
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Jan 2019 at 3:34 PM Last edited by Fyren5 : 22nd Jan 2019 at 5:03 PM.
Does that mean my Uberhood is okay? Sorry, I can't really tell. How do I remove the "met self" memory & the cheating memories from Sandra and Jacob in SimPE? I want to get rid of them so it's like it never happened, if that's possible.

I don't know how to use that Memory Manipulator.

Thank you both so much for replying!

EDIT: I used the Memory Manipulator after reading the instructions of what options does what and so I went ahead and used "remove single memory" and removed the "Met Jacob", "Lost Sandra as Best Friend" and "Caught Sandra Cheating". I also removed the lost best friend and cheating memories from Sandra, too.

Is my Uberhood okay then or?? :D
Scholar
#5 Old 23rd Jan 2019 at 12:32 PM
Yes your 'Hood is OK. There is a good chance of the met self memory may reoccur, that's not corruption without a relationship with self it is normal. I suggest you ignore those memories, put it down to the sim becoming self aware.