Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 12:30 PM Last edited by GreenStar : 14th May 2019 at 9:20 AM.
Default SOLVED: The 2 guest problem
I suddenly can't invite more than two guests to a party.

I've read that this number is related to how good your computer runs or something but this doesn't make sense for me. I used to play on a very old PC and it would allow more guests even if it crashed afterwards and I'm pretty sure I was able to invite more when I got my new PC but not anymore.

I already took out all downloads and no change.

I used that one cheat (int prop something in neighborhood view) but it didn't work. The graphicsrules.sgr says that the max sims is 8 so I don't know what to change there.

Any other tips that I missed?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 12:38 PM
Instead of typing it in Neighborhood view, maybe try to add it to your userStartup.cheat file in your Config folder.
intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims 20
because...I have mine set to 20, set yours to what you'd like

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Apr 2019 at 8:23 AM
Yeah, that doesn't work either. The game somehow doesn't recognize my userstartup file (I tried before with different cheats)
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 29th Apr 2019 at 4:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GreenStar
Yeah, that doesn't work either. The game somehow doesn't recognize my userstartup file (I tried before with different cheats)

The most likely reason your game does not load your userStartup.cheat file is that it not named properly or that it has an error in the first line. It must be named "userStartup.cheat" no quotes and you should make sure that you have extensions showing and that is the file's entire name and that it does not have a .txt extension that was hidden. Also if there is an error in one of the lines the game will not process the subsequent lines contained in the userStartup.cheat file, it is probably best to use someone's verified userStartup.cheat file and that any modifications by you are carefully tested.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 29th Apr 2019 at 8:12 PM

If your userstartup.cheat file is small enough, you can copy/paste it here and we'll take a look at it to make sure everything is spelled right, has proper syntax, etc.

There is also this old thread where we all shared our userstartup.cheat files. There's five pages of stuff here, so I recommend that you start at the end and work your way backward.
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...5#startcomments
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th May 2019 at 7:45 PM
Hey there, thanks for your tips but I still wasn't able to solve it. The name is correct, it ends on .cheat and its type is also "Cheat file". I think it came with that one light mod if that's possible. All the lines I have are those:

intProp maxTotalSims 50
intProp maxTotalHumans 35
intProp maxTotalPets
intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims 10
boolprop allow45degreeangleofrotation true
Alchemist
#7 Old 13th May 2019 at 7:58 PM
Hey there, thanks for your tips but I still wasn't able to solve it. The name is correct, it ends on .cheat and its type is also "Cheat file". I think it came with that one light mod if that's possible. All the lines I have are those:

intProp maxTotalSims 50
intProp maxTotalHumans 35
intProp maxTotalPets
intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims 10
boolprop allow45degreeangleofrotation true

You should have a number after pets and your command is wrong (see the "u"). Here's mine
uintProp maxTotalSims 14
uintProp maxTotalHumans 14
uintProp maxTotalPets 6
IntProp maxNumOfVisitingSims 13

and a link to my whole one that is working
http://www.dee.email/OPEN/SimPics/userStartup.cheat

Make sure it's in the Config folder

On another note, your numbers seem odd to me. Do you intend to have up to 40 sims living in a household?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th May 2019 at 9:19 AM
Finally, thank you so much!
I copied the lines from some other thread, don't know where, so I didn't think about the numbers at all - I in fact don't need 40 sims in my household.
I just copied your lines and now it's working - I can invite more sims! Thank you!
Alchemist
#9 Old 14th May 2019 at 11:42 AM
Finally, thank you so much!
I copied the lines from some other thread, don't know where, so I didn't think about the numbers at all - I in fact don't need 40 sims in my household.
I just copied your lines and now it's working - I can invite more sims! Thank you!

You're welcome.