Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st May 2019 at 5:02 PM Last edited by Matotty : 21st May 2019 at 7:23 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Door stays open and doesn't close.
As simple as that. It's not a big deal, but it ruins my whole game's aesthetics. Dunno how to fix it, I deleted with moveobjects on in Build Mode and when someone uses the door it keeps being open the rest of the game. It's annoying.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 21st May 2019 at 5:24 PM
Is there anything on the wall near the door? That's a known problem that keeps the door open.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st May 2019 at 5:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Is there anything on the wall near the door? That's a known problem that keeps the door open.

Just the phone and the burglar alarm.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 21st May 2019 at 5:43 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 21st May 2019 at 6:14 PM.
^ That's the problem, then. Doors really don't like wall items (or anything else blocking them from closing).

v
Edit: I had a feeling there was a hack/fix, but couldn't remember where
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#5 Old 21st May 2019 at 5:49 PM
I think a ceiling light right above a door will stop it from closing too.

Either way: http://www.feenwald.de/en/specials/closedoors.php
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st May 2019 at 6:13 PM
Thanks!
Mad Poster
#7 Old 21st May 2019 at 7:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
^ That's the problem, then. Doors really don't like wall items (or anything else blocking them from closing).

Edit: I had a feeling there was a hack/fix, but couldn't remember where

There is. I use Pescado's doorjamfix for that.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,9768.0.html