Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jan 2024 at 9:02 PM
Default What are your thoughts on this video?
The link for the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3da...hannel=Sitycims

I agree and disagree, but TS2 is definitely more detailed when it comes to animations and the sims themselves feel more alive because of those detailed animations.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st Jan 2024 at 9:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Casimir
The link for the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3da...hannel=Sitycims

I agree and disagree, but TS2 is definitely more detailed when it comes to animations and the sims themselves feel more alive because of those detailed animations.

2 definitely had the best animations. And of course they could not show cars as there is................. nothing to show for 4. When the bird's eye view of the pizzas was shown it was so OMGosh the 2 one looked sooooooo much better.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 2nd Jan 2024 at 1:25 AM
I just posted this video on TS2 forums, as it seem fit, haha.

But yeah. I feel like there’s no arguing here: TS2 wins the reward for having most (detailed) animations available. Nothing here to discuss. Unless a versus which animation you like more (e.g. cooking side to side).

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 2nd Jan 2024 at 12:15 PM
I always find Sims 3 missing from these kind of videos! That game has more functionality and detail than Sims 4 I feel, but they sacrificed some of the small details from Sims 2 to save time and performance. After all, it's an open world in Sims 3, no time for opening car doors and reversing off driveways if you have to spend two hours driving to the office!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 2nd Jan 2024 at 2:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I always find Sims 3 missing from these kind of videos! That game has more functionality and detail than Sims 4 I feel, but they sacrificed some of the small details from Sims 2 to save time and performance. After all, it's an open world in Sims 3, no time for opening car doors and reversing off driveways if you have to spend two hours driving to the office!

I was wondering about that for I, at least, do not really know what all goes on that we do not see with the story progression in 3? We know non played Sims are born, age, and die. But how much else is going on in an open world that we do not see? And not just Sims as there are many things like waves and waterfalls and others that are part of the open worlds.

So it makes sense that there had to be cutbacks for some things such as animations.

As for 4, that is just a whole other ballpark when you do a game to play on a potato.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 2nd Jan 2024 at 2:33 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 2nd Jan 2024 at 2:44 PM.
*tries to self-restrain*
but the Plumbob spinning in the loading screen is the most intricate animation! And it has the most useful tips and funny jokes.

Honestly, things even off-game are stepbacks and annoys me What happened to when you load a town, you can see a snapshot behind an expansion’s town you’re loading, with gameplay tips you might be missing out, and a bar that estimates if the game is almost finished loading? Not sure about TS1 that much, but I know for a fact even transition to another lot in TS2 you got something to look at (be it a car, freakinv helicopter, taxi or whatever other means of travelling you taking) as other logos in the panel light up,

Now TS4 loads up with plumbobs, no fancy main loading screens and other that various. It been nice if they added animation in map view where Sins walk with a trajectory to a lot before quickly booting to loading. But nah, wait times can wait *Sims teleport with their trusty phone*

Of course its not game changer or anything to have, but some attention to detail would be welcome and give fake ompression the game they working on passionately care even if its not genuine It justs shows how mich they want enjoyment for us to have. Leaving us to expect how barebone the game is even before its loaded, lol. (But that’s just my overall opinion. Don’t get up your arms up all on me)

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.