Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 11:25 AM
Default so what kind of emotional tortur... i mean, experiments are you planning to do on your sims? :D
First step: Disable emotional deaths..
then. .. well i plan to try to drive a sim into total insanity by placing it in a room full of bad memories closed without access to outside and feed him\her regurarly.

I also am playing to do lots of experiments with their emotions before i actually start playing for real, like: bullying a sim and see how his emotional reaction is, make enemies who hate each other closed in a room , etc.

What are your plans?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 11:26 AM
Amber is going to drown in a pool with by her toddler die in a fire. Emotionally.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 11:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by IceM
First step: Disable (...)

First step: Disabling game features.

I guess I like this new marketing line even better than the one where Sims 3 was such a disaster that you just have to buy the new one.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 11:50 AM
excuse me.. how was the sims 3 a disaster?
Scholar
#5 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 1:14 PM
I'm still mighty curious to see how death by sadness is going to work.

“I MAY BE A HOGWARTS STUDENT" Hargirid paused angrily. "BUT I AM ALSO A SATANIST!”
Falco - The original Prombat
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 5:08 PM
First step: to be emotionally ready to buy the game...
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 6:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
excuse me.. how was the sims 3 a disaster?

That's not me talking, it's just something that I see all over the forums. It's the new EA logic at it's finest: We did a poor job on the last one, the performance was lousy, the loading times were too long, sooooo.... buy the new one! We essentially cut all features out so the performance will be great, and the loading times will be short...

As I said: First step - disable main game features.
Test Subject
#8 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 10:34 PM
I think just turning on the tv and letting them reminisce in all of the missing features that they used to have in the Sims3 will be enough emotional trauma in my opinion.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 10:45 PM
I think you have the original question around the wrong way....

What emotional torture are the Sims going to do to us this time?
Test Subject
#10 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 10:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Flaygor
I think you have the original question around the wrong way....

What emotional torture are the Sims going to do to us this time?

Lets just say,if you graduated with a degree in psychology, this is the year for you. $$$$
Test Subject
#11 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 1:18 AM
Im going to Make A Drop-Dead-Gorgeous Sim and have People Do Challenges. Last One alive Gets to Marry Her.
Test Subject
#12 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 6:56 AM
What I want to do
I'm hoping to continue my many TS2 Stories in TS4, since TS3 kept crashing on me at the CAS Screen after I installed a bunch of custom content.

First things first, though...finding the necessary mods (invisible skins, transgender Sims (yes, I know all about Simmergirl, but I think they've all but shut down), something akin to the extremely versatile InSimenator/Sim Blender, etc.) that won't kill the game. Yes, I know individual modders/creators have no control over how the game reacts to custom content, and I know they try their damndest to make sure crashes don't happen...but try as they might, they can't stop them all I've already asked for the mods I need...now I wait to see if someone will create them.

I'd also like to be able to directly clone my new TS4 Sims...the randomizer in the CAS is good, and making a twin is equally good, but there were some stories I started in TS2 where I had one Sim clone another for...ahem..."romantic" purposes
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 7:54 AM
Actually, there are a few things I want to try.

What happens if a Sim who dislikes children gets pregnant? In The Sims 3, she got a +20 moodlet, which seemed odd, really. Same idea, what happens if a Sim who wants a soul mate gets broken up with? I can't see that do anything less than a maximum sadness thing. Especially if the other Sim was cheating.

But it'll probably be business as usual. set up a nice perfect family, then throw something chaotic and mean at them to see how they cope. Perfect lives are admirable, but boring.
Test Subject
#14 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 8:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by McNum
Actually, there are a few things I want to try.

What happens if a Sim who dislikes children gets pregnant? In The Sims 3, she got a +20 moodlet, which seemed odd, really. Same idea, what happens if a Sim who wants a soul mate gets broken up with? I can't see that do anything less than a maximum sadness thing. Especially if the other Sim was cheating.

But it'll probably be business as usual. set up a nice perfect family, then throw something chaotic and mean at them to see how they cope. Perfect lives are admirable, but boring.

This is one of the things I plan to play with myself. I always got frustrated that a woman who hates children would be excited about pregnancy, or that commitment-phobes would still get the positive moodlets for marriage. I always thought a person who hates kids would love their own, obviously, but be excited about being pregnant? not so much. I really hope that there is a difference there. Perhaps a sim who hates children loves their own kid, but gets pissed off when their kid brings friends home from school? A sim who hates commitment has a bit of doubt or hesitation before, or even after, the wedding.

I mean, personally, I usually just make my sims have a heap of kids because I find the game boring before kids and then before I know it, they've got two sets of triplets and they're all toddlers in a one bedroom house. I'm going to have to find some new sort of way to make my sims hate themselves now that I can't overwhelm them with toddlers.
Instructor
#15 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 5:24 PM
If sims can die by laughing now I want to make a serial killing comedian and wipe out the premades.
Scholar
#16 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 6:40 PM
None, because the game makes torturing your Sims feel incredibly empty.

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 7:33 PM
I'll start to play normally, the way Sims 4 is supposed to be played. With death and aging disabled (as I did in Sims 2. I don't like to make my sims families age and die).
Experiments will be done later
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 3:38 AM
Insane Trait + All Plumbob Lamps + Low Bladder Need. All of it in one room (with no doors) and with a household of 8. 'Nuff said.

The Sims Forever
One Minute Ninja'd
#19 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 11:53 AM
Hypothetically, if I got the game, I would simply port one of my favorite TS3 sims over and make them spend a day in TS4 land. That should end their bitching about hard hard life is living in TS3.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 12:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by misstrgal
If sims can die by laughing now I want to make a serial killing comedian and wipe out the premades.

Rofl xD killer punchline
Scholar
#21 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 12:46 AM
I´m going to build a prison, most probably with the realfreeestate cheat. Inmates get a kiddie bed (because it gives an uncomfortable moodlet to adults), a toilet and a sink, there will also be a public kitchen and showers. Everything else they have to earn via woodworking.
The idea behind this is that I want to see how the new emotions system and goal-focussed gameplay works in this scenario. In Sims 2, and even worse in Sims 3, sims that repeated an action over and over tended to like it and roll wants about it, even if the activity was in no way connected to their personality, aspiration and traits. Hobby enthusism in Sims 2 was so pushy that it could even beat Grilled Cheese wants two times out of four. If I get spammed with "Wanna do woodwork!" "Wanna talk about woodwork!" and the like I´ll smile knowingly, but if my sims will actually become miserable from not being allowed to follow their aspirations or even come to hate their forced labour, then I´ll congratulate the designers.
(But a handful of normal families is already waiting to be played, too.)