Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Mar 2024 at 1:41 AM
Challenge of Seasons
Hello everyone! I am back with another challenge for you all. Just like my last one, it will be able to be modified to fit your gameplay so that everyone can feel comfortable adapting it in their own way. This challenge is all about seasons. If you don’t have the season pack there is a way that the challenge can be done without it. The stipulations for completing this challenge actually don’t have anything to do with the pack itself. There is one goal that has to be met to complete this challenge but I have also added in a section with more optional goals to make this a little harder for those who want more of a challenge.

In this challenge you will have to figure out how to navigate around the seasons. There will be areas in your home that you can only use during the season that matches it. There are also some restrictions on how skill items are able to be used. You will have to get creative and plan out how you want things to progress and be mindful of what season you can complete them in. Your ultimate goal in this challenge is to assign four aspirations, and complete them all, but there's a bit of a catch. You will have to assign an aspiration to each season. You will only be allowed to work on that aspiration during the season you assigned it to. You complete the challenge when you finish all four aspirations but there are also some extra goals if you want to make this a little harder for yourself.

Rules and Setup
Make or download any sim/s you want. Pets can be included with no limitations.
Set your game's season length to 7 days.
Your lifespan can be anything you choose.
You can have mods in your game for better play but don’t use any that give you an advantage (example: easy or given skills/aspirations/money.)
The only cheats you are allowed to use are freerealestate, resetsim and cheats for building like moveobjects.
You are allowed to use freerealesate to move into an empty lot.
There are limitations on how you can earn skills, please follow the guide below.

Understand the challenge
Choose four aspirations for each sim in your household and assign each of them to a season. These can be the same aspiration or different aspirations for each sim. You are then only allowed to work on completing those aspirations during the in game season that you chose for it. (For example you choose the best selling author for spring, bodybuilder for summer, chief of mischief for fall and big happy family for winter. You can then only work on the best selling author aspiration during spring and if you can’t finish it by summer you must switch to the summer aspiration and wait until next spring to continue the best selling author goal.) You must do this for each sim in your household until they all complete their 4 aspirational goals.

Your home will be made of at least five areas. Each area will be decorated to represent a season and you will have one area in your house that is non seasonal. Each of these areas can be broken up into multiple rooms or one single room for each season area. As long as each season has the same amount of space as the others you can really set this up in any shape you want. Your non seasonal part of your home can be multiple rooms as well.

In each season area you are allowed to place only two skill items. Whichever skill items you decide to place will represent which two skills you can learn during that season. For example if you place an easel in your spring area, you are only allowed to learn creativity during spring time and on that easel. You are allowed to move this item around that season's area and remove it if you choose but you may not select a different skill to learn in its place and you may not move the item to a different season's area. You can change items out for a different item that does the same skill.

In most cases you can not put the same skill item in two different seasons but there is an exception. If you have decided to place an item that allows you to learn more than one skill you can choose which one or two skills you learn from that one item. If you place that same item in another season's area, you have to choose a different skill to learn from it. You may place as many of one skill item in the same season as you want as long as you are learning the same skill from all of them.

In the non seasonal area of your home you are allowed to learn up to three different skills. Plan these carefully because you can not change them later. It is a good idea to try to base these skills around your needs. For example: I have a bathroom with no skills in it. There is a kitchen where I can learn cooking, a living room with a bookshelf where I chose to learn herbalism and a TV that allows me to learn fitness.

You are allowed to place one skill item outside of your home in your yard that can be used during any season. This must be a skill that you don’t have in any part of your home.

You may choose one skill that you can learn anytime you leave your home during any season. This must be only one skill and you have to stick with it for the rest of your challenge. You may not change this at any time. Your sim can autonomously use items outside your home and learn any skill as long as you as the player does not select for them to do so.

When each season comes around you are only able to click into the area that matches that season and your non seasonal area.Your sim is allowed to autonomously go into all seasons areas and do things even if it is learning a skill of their own doing. You are not allowed to click to make them do anything in the three off season rooms but they are still allowed to autonomously interact with them.

Here is an example to try to make this a bit easier to understand

Challenge Goal
You must complete the mandatory goal to beat this challenge but you can make it harder on yourself by adding in any of the optional goals provided.
Mandatory goal: Complete four aspirations in your game for each person in your household.
Optional goal: Become a generational family and reach the 5th generation.
Optional goal: Build your fortune to 1,000,000.
Optional goal: Reach level 10 in any career.
Optional goal: Decorate your home and have it be worth at least 250,000.
Optional goal: Upload your home and sim on the gallery with the tag #challengeofseasons.

If you would like to work on this challenge and keep us updated either in this post or on another platform please feel free to let me know and I can link it. I would love to follow along with you as you go. Any suggestions on how to make this challenge a bit better would be appreciated.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 26th Mar 2024 at 12:25 PM
Reserved for future use