Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Nov 2010 at 2:38 AM
Default Title no longer displays in object mod
I was updating Select-a-Sim for Late Night and everything is working fine except the title no longer displays in the selection button when you click the object. I still get a lot of downloads for this even though Twallan and Pescado have up to 24 sims displaying now - so I kind of feel obligated to update. I think that must mean there are a lot of people playing houses with more than 24 sims in them, as scary as that sounds...

This is the code I am using:
Code:
 private static string LocalizeString(string name, params object[] parameters)
            {
                //return Localization.LocalizeString("Gameplay/Objects/Decorations/ActivateSim/ActSim:" + name, parameters);
                return Localization.LocalizeString("Select-A-Sim", parameters);
            }

The line commented out is what the object mod tutorial says to use, but I have been using code below that instead. Neither option is working at the moment anyway.

Any ideas? Is there a better way to do it?

This is the whole code in case it helps:
Code:
using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Text;
using Sims3.Gameplay.Objects;
using Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Miscellaneous;
using Sims3.Gameplay.Utilities;
using Sims3.Gameplay.Interactions;
using Sims3.Gameplay.Actors;
using Sims3.Gameplay.Autonomy;
using Sims3.Gameplay.Core;
using Sims3.Gameplay.CAS;
using Sims3.SimIFace;
using Sims3.Gameplay.Skills;
using Sims3.UI;

namespace Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Nekocat.ActivateSim
{
    public class ActivateSim : Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Decorations.Mimics.SculptureAtriumFern
    {
        protected Sim mRevealingSim;
        public override void OnStartup()
        {
            base.OnStartup();
            base.AddInteraction(ActSim.Singleton);
        }

private sealed class ActSim : ImmediateInteraction<Sim,ActivateSim>
        {
            //Fields
            public static readonly InteractionDefinition Singleton = new Definition();
            private const string sLocalizationKey = "Gameplay/Objects/Decorations/ActivateSim/ActSim";

//Methods
            private static string LocalizeString(string name, params object[] parameters)
            {
                //return Localization.LocalizeString("Gameplay/Objects/Decorations/ActivateSim/ActSim:" + name, parameters);
                return Localization.LocalizeString("Select-A-Sim", parameters);
            }

//public override void Init(ref InteractionInstanceParameters parameters);
            protected override bool Run()
            {
                  // do the interraction here
                Sim selectedObject = base.GetSelectedObject() as Sim;
                PlumbBob.ForceSelectActor(selectedObject);

return true;
            }

//Nested Types
            private sealed class Definition : ImmediateInteractionDefinition<Sim, ActivateSim, ActivateSim.ActSim>
            {
                //Methods
                protected override string GetInteractionName(Sim a, ActivateSim target, InteractionObjectPair interaction)
                {
                    return ActivateSim.ActSim.LocalizeString("ActSim", new object[0]);
                }
                protected override bool Test(Sim a, ActivateSim target, bool isAutonomous, 
                    ref GreyedOutTooltipCallback greyedOutTooltipCallback)
                {
                    return !isAutonomous;
                }

public override void PopulatePieMenuPicker(ref InteractionInstanceParameters parameters, 
                    out List<ObjectPicker.TabInfo> listObjs, out List<ObjectPicker.HeaderInfo> headers, out int NumSelectableRows)
                {
                    NumSelectableRows = 1;
                    Sim actor = parameters.Actor as Sim;
                    List<Sim> sims = new List<Sim>();
                    foreach (Sim sim in actor.Household.CurrentMembers.ActorList.ToArray())
                    {
                        sims.Add(sim);
                    }
                    base.PopulateSimPicker(ref parameters, out listObjs, out headers, sims, true);                    
                }

}  // end private sealed class Definition : ImmediateInteractionDefinition<Sim, ActivateSim, ActivateSim.ActSim>
        } // end sealed class ActSim : ImmediateInteraction<Sim,ActivateSim>
    }  //end public class ActivateSim : Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Decorations.Mimics.SculptureAtriumFern
}  //end namespace NekoCat_ActivateSim

My cat taught me how to fetch. I throw the toy, she shows me where it landed, and I fetch it.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 12th Nov 2010 at 5:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NekoCat
I was updating Select-a-Sim for Late Night and everything is working fine except the title no longer displays in the selection button when you click the object.

Since the Ambitions Patch, Localization::LocalizeString() returns blank if no STBL translation is located for the key you provided.

The key you are passing in is "Select-A-Sim" which hashes to:

0x37570C2DB9106D05

However you STBL contains 0x610D2C5B5D577352 for that string.

Change your STBL to match your key, and your translation should start working again.

Cheers.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 12th Nov 2010 at 7:50 AM
Either that, or just change it to:
Code:
return "Select-A-Sim";
if you're not using STBL localization resources, you don't really need the Localization.LocalizeString.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Nov 2010 at 3:53 AM
That worked! Thank-you I really appreciate it

My cat taught me how to fetch. I throw the toy, she shows me where it landed, and I fetch it.