Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Aug 2006 at 11:04 PM
Default College?
Sorry if this has been posted before.

Do you think that sims in college will be able to have pets? Most likely if they have their own place, but what about dorms?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 9th Aug 2006 at 11:10 PM
I think so - Maxis said that sims could have pets in college, so it would be silly if they couldn't have pets in dorms!

"Why do we drink cow milk? Who was the guy who first looked at a cow and said 'I think I'll drink whatever comes out of these things when I squeeze 'em!'?" -Calvin and Hobbes
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Aug 2006 at 11:26 PM
Maxis said they could? I must've missed that. Thanks for the reply.
#4 Old 9th Aug 2006 at 11:40 PM
it would be odd to have a dog in a dorm room. Lol.
Test Subject
#5 Old 10th Aug 2006 at 12:11 AM
That seems awfully weird, but they did say that pets could be in dorms. o_O
Field Researcher
#6 Old 10th Aug 2006 at 12:30 AM
Found it - in the Mazis Chat thread, one person said...

Quote: Originally posted by Nicola__x
Here's some info I've compiled from the chat, I thought it might be useful in a List?

*Your University/YA Sims can have pets too

Thanks to Trissle:
Pets can go to owned business lots if you have OFB

Thanks to yamikuronue:

The new total for Sims/Pets in household is 12 (apparently,but it could change?)

If you like to, please reply with more info

And here's the page of the transcript that mentions it!

http://www.***/images/chatpage7.jpg

"Why do we drink cow milk? Who was the guy who first looked at a cow and said 'I think I'll drink whatever comes out of these things when I squeeze 'em!'?" -Calvin and Hobbes
#7 Old 10th Aug 2006 at 1:23 AM
They may have added that in cause there is the option to live in a house by yourself, or with room mates in college.
#8 Old 10th Aug 2006 at 2:12 AM
Im doubt you can have pets in dorms...but in a house at college yes.
#9 Old 17th Aug 2006 at 12:07 PM
Although it would be weird to have pets in dorms, I think it will be allowed - just from what I've read over the past few days.
#10 Old 17th Aug 2006 at 12:11 PM
How could you take the pet home with you? Or would it be like babies?
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 17th Aug 2006 at 3:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Trissle
How could you take the pet home with you? Or would it be like babies?

Won't it just jump into the taxi, but if it's a hamster, bird, ect, i think you could have it in your inventory.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 18th Aug 2006 at 2:56 AM
The problem is that sims graduate individually. If there are multiple sims in the lot, how would you set who is the "owner" of the dog, so that dog follows him into the taxi? It wouldn't be right if the first one that graduates takes the dog with him, or if the intended owner is forced to leave last in order to keep the dog.

And this last time looking back I'll see my home, for she awaits me reaching for my soul. She calls my name, and waves me on. The fallen one, she stands in flames
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 23rd Aug 2006 at 10:33 PM
I'd guess it would leave with whoever brought it? Because that would make them the owner, I suppose! :D
#14 Old 24th Aug 2006 at 4:35 PM
Maybe when you go to college you get to choose what pets come with you, like moving out with your kids/elders? a thought
#15 Old 25th Aug 2006 at 10:44 PM
hmmmm, well maxis said that you can use CAP to make an animal and then COMBINE it with your already existing families....so i think you would do it just like you would when you want your graduated sims to live together....once there back in the neighborhood you just combine them and you would do the same for animals

hope i helped