Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#726 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 11:40 PM
You could always upload it to oneDrive or somewhere similar and share the link instead.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Advertisement
Test Subject
#727 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 9:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cedrigo
I agree with you, this is not anatomically correct. Adult head's volume should remain the same, whatever the height is.
I made a quick fix for this by editing the height slider.
In the bonedelta ressource I added a value for the "head" :
- head decreases when height increases;
- head increases when height decreases.
I used the same value, with the opposite sign. It works pretty well.

Sad thing is that I have problems uploading stuff here.
But I'm pretty sure that modders here can add this little fix in their own work
The result is way more realistic.

use mediafire or simsfileshare
Lab Assistant
#728 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 11:53 AM
Yes but I only upload my own work...
I don't want to take other's work, make a little tweak and re-upload it without permission.
And I think it would be better if the people working on this mod could add this quick fix in their next versions, instead of making my own alternative version.

After tuning the mod a little bit, here are the adjustments I finally kept :

In the BOND ressource that increases height (scale= 0,0700), I added :

SlotName: 0x0F97B21B
OffsetX: 0,0000
OffsetY: 0,0000
OffsetZ: 0,0000
ScaleX: -0,0600
ScaleY: -0,0600
ScaleZ: -0,0600
QuatX: 0,0000
QuatY: 0,0000
QuatZ: 0,0000
QuatW: 0,0000

In the BOND ressource that decreases height (scale = -0,0700), I added :

SlotName: 0x0F97B21B
OffsetX: 0,0000
OffsetY: 0,0000
OffsetZ: 0,0000
ScaleX: 0,0500
ScaleY: 0,0500
ScaleZ: 0,0500
QuatX: 0,0000
QuatY: 0,0000
QuatZ: 0,0000
QuatW: 0,0000

That's it.
Mad Poster
#729 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 2:00 PM
The main problem with this whole thread is that the mod no longer kind of has an owner. It's been tweaked, updated and altered by quite a few different people now since it's first version. I don't think Simmythesim has any plans to come back to it either.

Test Subject
#730 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 7:50 PM
Actually with cedrigo's instructions I was able to resolve the "head to big/to small" problem.
The only problem left is that I can't solve the problem directly with the "Height Slider Tall".
When I tried to make the head's size decrease as the height increase, the head of tall sims didn't look right. They looked like they were always looking down. So I made a separate "Head Slider Short" file to decrease the head's volume and it seems to look fine.
But the "head slider short" is an override of the "Hand Slider". So if you want to make the head size decrease you need to put the command: "add_slider Hand X". Also the number needs to be positive.
Bigger the number is, smaller the head becomes.
(If anyone is able to change the command to : "add_slider Head -X" please do. And if you're even able of doing a "Height Slider Tall" file with head decreasing as the height increase, without the sims looking kind of odd, please do!)
Also, since I edited simmythesim's original files, there isn't that problem when toddlers and children bend their knees when shrunk/float when turned bigger. And since Vectorplexus toddler fix isn't required anymore , height altered sims can succesfully pick up toddlers!
Test Subject
#731 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 7:56 PM
Lab Assistant
#732 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 8:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WaterPearl
The only problem left is that I can't solve the problem directly with the "Height Slider Tall".
When I tried to make the head's size decrease as the height increase, the head of tall sims didn't look right. They looked like they were always looking down.

That's strange... I don't have this issue at all. My tall sims look straight ahead. They look down only when they talk to small sims, which is normal. I think this can be fixed in the height slider. I guess we don't use the same version of the mod as a basis.

WaterPearl could you copy/paste the content of the BOND with the "look down" issue ? (or upload the package)
I'll see if I can find a way to fix it.
Test Subject
#733 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 5:36 PM
Here is the link.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Slider Tall.rar (363 Bytes, 464 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#734 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 5:50 PM
Nevermind I fixed the issue. x)
Test Subject
#735 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 6:01 PM
So here are my final edits!
This mod contains:
-Anatomically correct heads
-Smaller/Taller sims can pick up toddlers
-Children/Toddlers will only slightly bend knees when shrunk.
And they pratically won't float when turned taller.
-The Height Slider Short has a wider range of heights.
Enjoy!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Height Slider Head Fix.zip (802 Bytes, 1210 downloads) - View custom content
Field Researcher
#736 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 2:13 AM
So here are my final edits!
This mod contains:
-Anatomically correct heads
-Smaller/Taller sims can pick up toddlers
-Children/Toddlers will only slightly bend knees when shrunk.
And they pratically won't float when turned taller.
-The Height Slider Short has a wider range of heights.
Enjoy!

This is wonderful, thank you!

So, do we add these files as an addon tot he Height Slider Short and Height Slider Tall or are these replacements?
Test Subject
#737 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 1:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DreamaDove
This is wonderful, thank you!

So, do we add these files as an addon tot he Height Slider Short and Height Slider Tall or are these replacements?

They're replacements!
Lab Assistant
#738 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 5:48 PM
Lab Assistant
#739 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 12:52 AM
I have head slider short, height slider growth, height slider short edit, height slider shorter head fix, and height slider tall head fix. Do I need all of them?
Mad Poster
#740 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 1:33 PM
You should only have one tall version and one short version in the game at the same time if I've been following along correctly. So I think you just need the head fix versions and the growth slider. I think.

Instructor
#741 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 3:08 AM Last edited by alexpilgrim : 23rd Mar 2018 at 8:29 PM.
Sorry, I'm confused, is there a current working version of the growth slider? I downloaded the last one here but it has no growth effect on child or teen Sims.

Or do they have to be born in game, not created in CAS as children, for it to work?

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Test Subject
#742 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 6:14 AM
Are these recent updates only available for the height, or are the neck and hand sliders included??
Field Researcher
#743 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 2:48 AM
They're replacements!

Okay, I tried them out and they worked well, though there was still some floating sims when they sat down, which is not that big a deal. Still, I really liked the expanded allowed heights in a previous iteration of the mod and will probably keep using that one. Is there a way to expand the shortness especially to these?
Scholar
#744 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 3:05 AM
They're replacements!

Height Slider Short.package -> Height Slider Shorter head fix.package
Height Slider Tall.package -> Height Slider Tall head fix.package

What are the other files you use for this to work and where to find them?

Slider Scripts.ts4script from Slider Scripts.ts4script in post #392 ?
Modified CmarNYC's feet height slider by Manderz0630 from #726 ?

Growth slider?
Scholar
#745 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 3:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by howuknowimnotbig
Are these recent updates only available for the height, or are the neck and hand sliders included??

Not included. Have you tested the originals. Whats wrong with them?
Test Subject
#746 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 3:32 PM
I read through the last few pages. As far as I understand it, there is currently no working growth slider. While using it, I always get a last exception file. Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for the help!
Test Subject
#747 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 6:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Morphar
Height Slider Short.package -> Height Slider Shorter head fix.package
Height Slider Tall.package -> Height Slider Tall head fix.package

What are the other files you use for this to work and where to find them?

Slider Scripts.ts4script from Slider Scripts.ts4script in post #392 ?
Modified CmarNYC's feet height slider by Manderz0630 from #726 ?

Growth slider?

I use this files plus Ash77 slider scripts.
And I think it is compatible with CmarNYC's feet height slider, but I haven't tested it with my version of the mod yet.
However, I have no idea if it works with the Growth Slider.
Test Subject
#748 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 6:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DreamaDove
Okay, I tried them out and they worked well, though there was still some floating sims when they sat down, which is not that big a deal. Still, I really liked the expanded allowed heights in a previous iteration of the mod and will probably keep using that one. Is there a way to expand the shortness especially to these?

Yes there's a way to make sims even shorter but I don't know if sims will look nice.
Scholar
#749 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 10:35 AM Last edited by Morphar : 31st Mar 2018 at 7:06 AM.
I use this files plus Ash77 slider scripts.
And I think it is compatible with CmarNYC's feet height slider, but I haven't tested it with my version of the mod yet.
However, I have no idea if it works with the Growth Slider.

It looks great. I verified that it works with CmarNYC's sliders. However the slider for the feets is not there then. Also verified that height settings survive ageing and that it is genetic.

Max, my talest sim, had fivefolds? with a normal hight sim. Three of them was tall when I aged them to teen.
Max brother, Mini, is the shortest sim. Three short sims was the result.

Not tested to type in height in cheat console.

One glitch discovered. One tall sim had an invisible head except for the teeth. Not permanently though.

Tested with:
Height Slider Head Fix.zip by WaterPearl #738
Slider Scripts.zip by Ash77 #392
CmarNYC's feet height slider by CMARnyc, modified by Manderz0630 #726
Mad Poster
#750 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 1:22 PM
Fivefolds? Do you mean had five kids at once? They're called Quintuplets.

Page 30 of 44