Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Mar 2024 at 1:06 PM
Default What weird CAS quirks have you found?
Weirdly specific, I know but I've found a great deal of glitches and weird stuff in CAS.
I'll start: In debug mode, if you go to elder males, you'll see they have custom hair even without any CC! It's the Bon Voyage pirate hair. Here's the weird part: If you select it, it instead "redirects" to the half bald hairstyle.
I've also managed to "break" the camera by pressing C to take a picture while in make a child mode, then clicking elder to toddler lifestage. No absolute idea why taking a picture kind of jumbles the camera, but okay EAxis.

Cats are the cutest creatures. And the most stubborn.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th Mar 2024 at 10:00 AM
I found this out when I was a kid so who knows maybe it's been fixed now?

Go into CAS, make adults, then roll the pacifier to make a child. If you age them up and then down several times and then press undo really fast as much as possible, you end up with an adult in a floating child's body. When I was a kid I found this hilarious and would make whole families with these weird floating children. Can't remember if they fix when you put them in a house.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Mar 2024 at 10:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
I found this out when I was a kid so who knows maybe it's been fixed now?

Go into CAS, make adults, then roll the pacifier. If you age them up and then down several times and then press undo really fast as much as possible, you end up with an adult in a floating child's body. When I was a kid I found this hilarious and would make whole families with these weird floating children. Can't remember if they fix when you put them in a house.

Oh my, I HAVE to try this!
Knowing EAxis, they would have probably missed this in patches, so I doubt silly glitches like this were fixed in any of them.

Just remembered that the CAS idles can glitch. If you make 2 Sims or more and edit the one, then right after delete it, the stage might not always change to the photography room and instead stay in the editing room. If you then edit the other Sim, they will T-pose for a second and return to their poses.

Mad Poster
#4 Old 17th Mar 2024 at 10:54 AM
If you try to modify the Create-a-Sim lot with Seasons installed and without a fix, any Sims created in it will immediately fall over from hypothermia. You can see it at 16:45 in this video (amongst a bunch of other crazy shit):

In the words of my friend, "you aren't supposed to kill your Sims before you create them."

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Mar 2024 at 10:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
If you try to modify the Create-a-Sim lot with Seasons installed and without a fix, any Sims created in it will immediately fall over from hypothermia. You can see it at 16:45 in this video (amongst a bunch of other crazy shit):

In the words of my friend, "you aren't supposed to kill your Sims before you create them."

Yup, I've been planning on trying this myself. There was also an insane bug that happened as well in one of Calipers and Tongs' videos that also happened to me, the CAS camera started panning out of the lot so much that all you could see was grass, the supposed Sim spinning around, my dumb self didnt take any screenshots for whatever reason.
Strays can also wander in the lot without fixes for it which causes object errors with stray controllers.

Mad Poster
#6 Old 17th Mar 2024 at 11:13 AM
I also remember once instead of grabbing the sim to rotate them while editing, it would rotate the whole CAS set. I managed to get the photography area outside. I have absolutely 0 idea how I did it and it's never happened since.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Mar 2024 at 11:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
I also remember once instead of grabbing the sim to rotate them while editing, it would rotate the whole CAS set. I managed to get the photography area outside. I have absolutely 0 idea how I did it and it's never happened since.

That would be so bizarre. Every time I open CAS I kind of think about if some bug manages to happen.
Yesterday I was making a Sim and put a BV necklace on her. I then moved on to the next Sim and decided then I should change that other Sim's necklace. So I tried to change it with another pink BV necklace but it was stuck! If I tried to change it, it just added to it. So you could have 2 necklaces at once. If you were to click on the none button, it wouldnt go. It eventually got rid of itself when I moved to the other Sim and reedited that necklace Sim again. I think I have a screenshot, I'll upload it later.

Forum Resident
#8 Old 17th Mar 2024 at 11:46 AM
@FuryCat When the jewelry gets stuck on Cas, the best thing to do is to remove all the jewelry from him (even if they don't disappear), accept, go back to the family creator and then re-edit the sim, you will see that the jewels will no longer be there.
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 17th Mar 2024 at 11:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sokisims
@FuryCat When the jewelry gets stuck on Cas, the best thing to do is to remove all the jewelry from him (even if they don't disappear), accept, go back to the family creator and then re-edit the sim, you will see that the jewels will no longer be there.

Yup, that's what seemed like the solution. It was quite random as it had never happened before.

Forum Resident
#10 Old 17th Mar 2024 at 11:53 AM
It's happened to me many times when I create sims with piercings xD So I already learned how to fix it xD
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 17th Mar 2024 at 11:55 AM
It has happened to me many times creating sims with piercings xD So I already know the solution XD

I'm wondering if EAxis knew about these wacky bugs and just decided to let them be. There's no way players wouldn't report this bug the minute BV came out, jewelry was being hyped up ever since NightLife.

Forum Resident
#12 Old 17th Mar 2024 at 12:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FuryCat
I'm wondering if EAxis knew about these wacky bugs and just decided to let them be. There's no way players wouldn't report this bug the minute BV came out, jewelry was being hyped up ever since NightLife.

Considering that at that time almost no one knew that all the hoods were corrupt.... xD No idea, they overlooked so many bugs and broke so many features that they later simply removed that I think at that time the game was already in ultra capitalist phase seeing how much more money they could make. At that point the game was already starting to feel more and more taken over by EA. I remember it quite well. XD So I guess the developers had to prioritize which things to fix.

It's complicated, it was a different context and the internet was not used as much as now, plus I suppose they were already working on the latest expansions and the Sims 3, so when they moved on to the next game they forgot everything.
Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 17th Mar 2024 at 12:06 PM
Considering that at that time almost no one knew that all the hoods were corrupt.... xD No idea, they overlooked so many bugs and broke so many features that they later simply removed that I think at that time the game was already in ultra capitalist phase seeing how much more money they could make. At that point the game was already starting to feel more and more taken over by EA. I remember it quite well. XD So I guess the developers had to prioritize which things to fix.

I believe after Freetime or Bon Voyage everything seemed to just be about the money. Of course, EA has always been like this, but honestly after these EP's the greed kind of took over.

Field Researcher
#14 Old 17th Mar 2024 at 12:24 PM

It still amazes me that CAS is an actual lot and not just a backdrop, with all that entails. I had no idea this was the case before Calipers and Tongs' infamous CAS series of videos
Instructor
Original Poster
#15 Old 17th Mar 2024 at 12:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Monsieur_Oshima
It still amazes me that CAS is an actual lot and not just a backdrop, with all that entails. I had no idea this was the case before Calipers and Tongs' infamous CAS series of videos

That's what surprised me. I thought it was a simple backdrop with a rug that rotates your Sim and a mirror, I had no idea this whole thing was a hidden lot. I'd like to experiment with custom CAS lots now that theres a proper fix, it would be cool to learn a few things along the way.

Forum Resident
#16 Old 17th Mar 2024 at 12:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FuryCat
I believe after Freetime or Bon Voyage everything seemed to just be about the money. Of course, EA has always been like this, but honestly after these EP's the greed kind of took over.

At least they left us apartments and businesses that more or less, function well. XD (The same cannot be said for the sims 4)
Instructor
Original Poster
#17 Old 17th Mar 2024 at 12:43 PM
At least they left us apartments and businesses that more or less, function well. XD (The same cannot be said for the sims 4)

Sims 4 needs ten thousand packs for AL or OFB to be properly done but even then, they'll manage to make it buggy.

Mad Poster
#18 Old 18th Mar 2024 at 8:49 AM
Once I had a Sim start screaming in the background while I was working on another Sim. I've never had it occur since.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Instructor
Original Poster
#19 Old 18th Mar 2024 at 1:19 PM
Once I had a Sim start screaming in the background while I was working on another Sim. I've never had it occur since.

Sims do idles when waiting in the photography room, but you said it never happens anymore. The outgoing idles are rather wild, Sims will dance around around or shout. I cant understand how they complained about needs though, thats bizarre.