Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#6726 Old 31st Dec 2018 at 9:01 PM
I have noticed, however, that if a sim goes into or out of a werewolf transformation it kicks them out of power idle.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#6727 Old 1st Jan 2019 at 5:57 AM
I found out that if a owned community lot does not have a phone, witches cannot leave it.

I hastily put one on it so I could have the owner, (a warlock) leave for the day.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#6728 Old 1st Jan 2019 at 6:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
I found out that if a owned community lot does not have a phone, witches cannot leave it.

I hastily put one on it so I could have the owner, (a warlock) leave for the day.

==
How odd!

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#6729 Old 1st Jan 2019 at 8:16 PM
Florence Delarosa discovered that running a Level 1* flower shop as a home business on your own is very hard work.

Note:* She got it up to Level 2 by the end of the day! But she felt completely worn out.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Inventor
#6730 Old 1st Jan 2019 at 11:50 PM
That you really can compose and save songs on the music synthesizer thing (The BOB 3942). I had read about it once but had never seen the option. I guess I never let a sim play with one long enough, or maybe it's a combination of creativity level and time played. There's one in the community building of the apartments where David Ottomas lives. He's been poking at it here and there, and this time I noticed the option to Compose. You don't really do anything more than choose from preset melody, bass, and rhythm and give the song a name, but it's still kinda neat!
Scholar
#6731 Old 2nd Jan 2019 at 1:10 AM
That Plantsim motives aren't affected by ghost scares. Just as well, as Matriarch Rose is pregnant and Faith Goodie spooked her several times in one night.
Scholar
#6732 Old 2nd Jan 2019 at 1:20 AM
Tina Traveller got pickpocketed by the Unsavory Charlatan whilst on vacation with her family. I saw an interaction called "Fisticuffs" so I clicked it... Tina fought him and some funny music came on whilst that was happening, she won.. But she had an interaction lined up after the fight saying "Where's my wallet?" I'm guessing she didn't get her money back, haha. I have NEVER had this happen to my Sims before. It was the coolest, funniest, weirdest thing I have ever encountered in this game and I LOVE it. :P
Mad Poster
#6733 Old 2nd Jan 2019 at 1:55 AM
Carlos Contender got into fisticuffs with the Charlatan once. The Charlatan kept showing up at his house afterwards.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#6734 Old 2nd Jan 2019 at 2:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
Carlos Contender got into fisticuffs with the Charlatan once. The Charlatan kept showing up at his house afterwards.

OMG that's happening to me now! Is that normal or corruption? He won't go away and he keeps trying to greet Tina. She did "fisticuffs" again with him and got her money back and he went away but returned the next day....

Edit:
This was after they returned home from their Far East vacation..
Top Secret Researcher
#6735 Old 2nd Jan 2019 at 3:02 AM
I had seen musically-inclined Sims whistling to themselves before...but the other day I caught one practicing ballet positions! That's so cool.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#6736 Old 2nd Jan 2019 at 3:03 AM
No, it's normal for the Charlatan to show up. Weirdly though, the Visitor Controller can't seem to zap him.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#6737 Old 2nd Jan 2019 at 3:05 AM
I noticed that, I tried to ban him with the Visitor Controller on the home lot and he didn't zap away... Hmm, I'm glad it's not corruption!! He can stay there as long as he goes away eventually. Now I can place my backup and get back into my game, haha! Thanks!! :D
Mad Poster
#6738 Old 2nd Jan 2019 at 3:12 AM
I just use moveobjects to get rid of him when the cackling starts to drive me crazy.

Scholar
#6739 Old 2nd Jan 2019 at 3:19 AM
Is that safe to do? I might do that if he gets on my nerves.
Mad Poster
#6740 Old 2nd Jan 2019 at 4:40 AM
I found that one of Rebecah's musical instruments is not only autonomous, it makes people dance the hula!

Quite jarring in a medieval setting. It was a wooden flute.

As for the Charlatan, you can ban him off the lot with the visitor controller. You have to make sure to hit it before he shows up-otherwise he will be there doing his nasty dance until you get rid of him the usual ways.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#6741 Old 2nd Jan 2019 at 4:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fyren5
Is that safe to do? I might do that if he gets on my nerves.

Yes. Deleting Sims with moveobjects is safe. Just don't do it to the owner on an owned business lot or you might end up stuck in buy mode.

Field Researcher
#6742 Old 2nd Jan 2019 at 5:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien
That Plantsim motives aren't affected by ghost scares. Just as well, as Matriarch Rose is pregnant and Faith Goodie spooked her several times in one night.
"Scaring Tweaks" from Cyjon's Ghost Hack should fix both of those:
Quote: Originally posted by Cyjon
Scaring frequency and intensity based on a number of factors including ghost personality, relationship with the target, and type of death. Scares drain all motives, including plantsim Sunshine and servo Power. Ghosts scare random targets instead of picking on a single person.
Not sure if you want to put it in your game right now, but.... Also, note that "Scaring Tweaks" is designed around "Fright Death Tweaks" from the same set, but will work fine without.

WARNING: Professional Lurker Alert!
Quote:
"Ew, trees [WooHoo-ing]."

-- "Oral Pollination", Not Always Right
Mad Poster
#6743 Old 6th Jan 2019 at 12:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
==
How odd!

That's because it seems like the telephone stand and the mailbox act sort of landing/take off spots for witches. These is the reason why they always fly down or off next to these objects. Witch trials weren't so easy by using this knowledge to your advantage (hint: moveobject these teleportation objects to enclosed area with flammable rugs for fire jets to lit them).

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Lab Assistant
#6744 Old 6th Jan 2019 at 5:39 AM
I learned that child sims can get furious at parents when younger siblings are born because s/he didn't want them. This might be an error because only time I saw children get furious at parents is when they witnessed one of their parents flirting with a lover but for this case neither of parents ever flirted (they're both family sims and very sincere) but all of sudden their oldest boy got angry right after the third child is born. It is quite understandable because his parents always hop into bed right after giving a birth and always end up with another pregnancy.... ^^;; (thanks ACR and three -bolt chemistry)
Adding to that, this oldest boy has worst relationship scores with every sibling. He doesn't play with his brothers...his only friends are school friends. Poor thing

Hi. I'm Caren but you can also call me Beau. I luv sims since I was born.
I GOT A YOUTUBE(Eng sub provided) : YOUTUBE
You can find my ts2&ts4 pre-mades' stories here: Blog(korean)
Not very active on the tumblr now but: Tumblr
I can be found at Discord channels dedicated to ts2.
Lab Assistant
#6745 Old 6th Jan 2019 at 11:19 PM
While hosting a Toga party at University, I rediscovered the fact that Sims can actually do a bonfire dance in front of the bonfire.

They do some really weird chicken dance-like flailing, and they have the smuggest expressions on their faces too.

Theorist
#6746 Old 7th Jan 2019 at 11:54 PM
How self-involved the memory for achieving the "Have 6 Grandchildren" Lifetime Want sounds:

"I'm proud of all my grandchildren. And I'm proud of myself for achieving this lifetime goal"

Yes, darling. It was "you" who produced all those grandchildren. Your own kids didn't have anything to do with them at all, no....no, it was solely your achievement
Quote: Originally posted by icy96
They do some really weird chicken dance-like flailing, and they have the smuggest expressions on their faces too.

They looked like they are possessed by demons or something.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#6747 Old 9th Jan 2019 at 3:49 PM
Don't put SimWardrobe's timeclock when your employees on duty. I think one of my quit due to purchasing it, which set their salary to very underpaid

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Scholar
#6748 Old 9th Jan 2019 at 5:17 PM
I wasn't playing TS2, I was watching "House Hunters" on television. I discovered that one of my favourite floor lamps in TS2 is also available in real life. So if I move in the summer, as I'm hoping to, I know what's on my shopping list for the new place!
Field Researcher
#6749 Old 9th Jan 2019 at 6:26 PM
I came back to the sims 2 after a kind of large break last week...

Literally 10 minutes ago, I discovered (in a very hard way!) that the stupid train from the tinkering hobby can cause a fire. The sims-wiki informed me that there is "a 2% chance that it will catch fire each time it is operated"
So, it wasn't Daniel Pleasant's lucky day... It was his day off work and he stayed at home baby-sitting his toddler son, Jeff. I sent him to work on the restorable car but he didn't seem to like this option and while I was sending Jeff to the potty, the little camera showed me that the train and Daniel was on fire. I tried to order him to extinguish the fire but he was too busy panicking. At the same time the twins came back from school and Dustin Broke was with them. Lilith and Angela tried to save their dad but it was too late for him and above all, Angela died too. After the grim reaper left, Dustin started to play with what was left from the train (really Dustin??? Your girlfriend just burnt to death and you want to play???)

*Note-to-self: Every sim has to study the Fire Safety book and I shouldn't wait for them to roll the want for it*

But don't cry for Daniel and Angela just yet... I didn't come back to the game after all these months to face such a... massacre!!! I chose to quit without save and, yes, I lost 5 in-game-days but everyone is safe and sound again
Alchemist
#6750 Old 9th Jan 2019 at 6:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by natbsim75
I came back to the sims 2 after a kind of large break last week...

Literally 10 minutes ago, I discovered (in a very hard way!) that the stupid train from the tinkering hobby can cause a fire. The sims-wiki informed me that there is "a 2% chance that it will catch fire each time it is operated"
So, it wasn't Daniel Pleasant's lucky day... It was his day off work and he stayed at home baby-sitting his toddler son, Jeff. I sent him to work on the restorable car but he didn't seem to like this option and while I was sending Jeff to the potty, the little camera showed me that the train and Daniel was on fire. I tried to order him to extinguish the fire but he was too busy panicking. At the same time the twins came back from school and Dustin Broke was with them. Lilith and Angela tried to save their dad but it was too late for him and above all, Angela died too. After the grim reaper left, Dustin started to play with what was left from the train (really Dustin??? Your girlfriend just burnt to death and you want to play???)

*Note-to-self: Every sim has to study the Fire Safety book and I shouldn't wait for them to roll the want for it*

But don't cry for Daniel and Angela just yet... I didn't come back to the game after all these months to face such a... massacre!!! I chose to quit without save and, yes, I lost 5 in-game-days but everyone is safe and sound again

Wow, that's traumatic! I might need to go delete a train now.
Page 270 of 445