Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#6751 Old 9th Jan 2019 at 6:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien
I wasn't playing TS2, I was watching "House Hunters" on television. I discovered that one of my favourite floor lamps in TS2 is also available in real life. So if I move in the summer, as I'm hoping to, I know what's on my shopping list for the new place!

Is it the white one form the IKEA stuff pack?

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#6752 Old 9th Jan 2019 at 8:47 PM
If it's from the IKEA pack then no wonder it exists IRL it's product placement from Ikea.
Top Secret Researcher
#6753 Old 9th Jan 2019 at 8:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by natbsim75
I chose to quit without save and, yes, I lost 5 in-game-days but everyone is safe and sound again

That's why I always save 7 AM every day in all my families. The return of sunlight is a good reminder.
Mad Poster
#6754 Old 10th Jan 2019 at 2:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by natbsim75
I came back to the sims 2 after a kind of large break last week...

Literally 10 minutes ago, I discovered (in a very hard way!) that the stupid train from the tinkering hobby can cause a fire. The sims-wiki informed me that there is "a 2% chance that it will catch fire each time it is operated"
So, it wasn't Daniel Pleasant's lucky day... It was his day off work and he stayed at home baby-sitting his toddler son, Jeff. I sent him to work on the restorable car but he didn't seem to like this option and while I was sending Jeff to the potty, the little camera showed me that the train and Daniel was on fire. I tried to order him to extinguish the fire but he was too busy panicking. At the same time the twins came back from school and Dustin Broke was with them. Lilith and Angela tried to save their dad but it was too late for him and above all, Angela died too. After the grim reaper left, Dustin started to play with what was left from the train (really Dustin??? Your girlfriend just burnt to death and you want to play???)

*Note-to-self: Every sim has to study the Fire Safety book and I shouldn't wait for them to roll the want for it*

But don't cry for Daniel and Angela just yet... I didn't come back to the game after all these months to face such a... massacre!!! I chose to quit without save and, yes, I lost 5 in-game-days but everyone is safe and sound again

Sprinkler above anything that could catch fire!
Mad Poster
#6755 Old 10th Jan 2019 at 3:02 AM
Before I got the mod that disabled indoor grills catching fire, I stuck one in the corner of a dorm cafeteria with a sprinkler above it. It was funny to see how the dormies gravitated towards it.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Top Secret Researcher
#6756 Old 10th Jan 2019 at 7:18 PM
If a Sim initializes a servo and that Sim has an mp3 player, the servo will also get one, apparently.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#6757 Old 10th Jan 2019 at 9:44 PM
You can Expello Simae households members from the lot. They do eventually return after the spell wares off.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#6758 Old 10th Jan 2019 at 11:59 PM
There is a mod to stop the train set from catching fire. Check Bulbizarre's sig for SimWardrobe's mods and look for SW train doesn't catch fire or something to that effect. I put that mod in after a nanny died and a toddler got taken away for being alone without an adult. A few years ago Hal Capp had grown up and gotten married and had a toddler son. At the time I didn't have a social worker mod, so Hal hired a nanny to take care of the toddler while he and his wife were at work. The dumb nanny ignored the toddler to play with the train set and the train set caught fire. The nanny died from the fire and it was still several hours until Hal and his wife would get back from work. The social worker took the toddler away for being left alone without an adult, plus being hungry (the damn nanny ignored him and didn't feed him before playing with the train and dying.) I exited without saving and looked for a mod to stop the train from catching on fire, and also no social worker mod.
Lab Assistant
#6759 Old 11th Jan 2019 at 4:40 AM
I discovered that Vampire Servos are kinda tricky. Gypsy was bitten on a community lot; when I finally got to her household, though, she looked normal -- not a vampire. She cowered at 7 AM, but she didn't begin fry. She then went about her day as usual. I sent other household members to a community lot, brought them home, and Gypsy was still normal. Ehhhh, I thought, not much to this Vampire Servo thing, let's give her some Vamprocillin-D. She drank it, and changed back to, well, this. Pretty Sim face, but creepy as anything.

Exit without saving; back in; still no vampire face. It was only when I had her change into formal wear that her face changed to vampire. Then she started to sizzle outdoors!

Okay, so I then bought a coffin for Gypsy for the daytime. But she wouldn't stay in it, jumping out every time "Do Chores" appeared, about once an hour. The solution: park her someplace out of the way indoors and power her down during daylight. No sizzle, no mood decay.

On the plus side of all this: Gypsy is now Gothic Robotics' most tireless robot builder. And the fangs are rather cute.
Top Secret Researcher
#6760 Old 11th Jan 2019 at 8:59 AM
What do vampires drink when they bite servos?
Battery juice?
Scholar
#6761 Old 11th Jan 2019 at 10:50 AM
I don't have many servos in my game (hardly any, just one) but as soon I make the simbot change into formal wear the face shows partly servo/partly human as in the post from tancred. Very annoying. (But that's not the main reason that I don't play this servo).
Mad Poster
#6762 Old 11th Jan 2019 at 10:51 AM
Just saw my sim lecture a visiting townie for breaking the sink. Never seen that before; I didn't know that they could lecture townies. XD I then added insult to injury by asking her to leave; well the person she'd come to see was already in bed and she was just hanging out breaking sinks. XD
Mad Poster
#6763 Old 11th Jan 2019 at 12:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
What do vampires drink when they bite servos?
Battery juice?

No - coolant fluid.
Lab Assistant
#6764 Old 12th Jan 2019 at 4:34 PM
I didn't know until this day that pregnant sims go up and down stairs very carefully.
They go up and down stairs just as a sneak-out motion just as the picture below.
I guess it is because their body is heavy and also they can't see stairs because the belly is hiding the front view so they put extra caution.
Another great detail for ts2 !!

Hi. I'm Caren but you can also call me Beau. I luv sims since I was born.
I GOT A YOUTUBE(Eng sub provided) : YOUTUBE
You can find my ts2&ts4 pre-mades' stories here: Blog(korean)
Not very active on the tumblr now but: Tumblr
I can be found at Discord channels dedicated to ts2.
Scholar
#6765 Old 14th Jan 2019 at 3:41 PM
It's possible for someone to bring the Charlatan home from work. What made it worse was that the Sim in question was in the "Unemployed" custom "career". Though perhaps this explains why the Charlatan steals stuff 24 hours a day...
Alchemist
#6766 Old 14th Jan 2019 at 7:34 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 14th Jan 2019 at 8:10 PM.
I feel so clever... probably everyone else already thought of this, but it just occurred to me and I'm so pleased. So... I don't like the bookshelves to all look alike, especially lined up like this in a library, so I have tons of empty bookshelves and bookstacks, but filling them is a tedious process. It suddenly occurred to me for a shot like this to just put an empty one on top of the regular one and fill a few odd eye catching parts of the bookshelves. I just don't want it to jump out at you that they are the same and I think this works well. I'm so happy. This pic is nice, too, because, though the walls are down, the wall on the left is the back wall of the tiny bathroom in this tiny library. The wall stays up with Numenor's no-cutaway walls. I think it looks so much more real when the inner walls stay up when we're "inside" the building. Also, this is Amanda and Samantha Ottomas's long lost father (he's actually an aged up Tommy clone - see the resemblance) who is the only townie in Widespot and he autonomously showed at the library, which is what I was going for - him just wandering in and out of the hood on his own. Oh, and they are all autonomously reading, too.

Field Researcher
#6767 Old 15th Jan 2019 at 2:28 AM
A new scholarship! Zenisha Harvey was just awarded the Mendel Award for Oxygen Donation and Repletion. Googling shows people have speculated sims get this scholarship if a parent is at the top of the Education career. I'm not sure because Zenisha's mother is dead (and I honestly don't remember what her career was) and her dad just made top of the Journalism career. Maybe journalists' kids also get awards for breathing? Lol.
Mad Poster
#6768 Old 21st Jan 2019 at 4:18 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 21st Jan 2019 at 4:20 PM. Reason: Grammar
Default Floor
With most packs installed, discovery was made - estimating that they're over more than 499 floor titles in the game. I did the counting.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Field Researcher
#6769 Old 22nd Jan 2019 at 1:50 AM
I've never seen a sims cheer up another sim right after something embarrassing happened, but the mayor of Milber cheered his pregnant wife up after she didn't make it to the bathroom in time and cleaned the mess up while she got in the shower. How adorable ;w;

My simblr
In the name of the Moon, i will right wrongs and triumph over evil, and that means YOU! ❤️
Alchemist
#6770 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 12:35 AM Last edited by Sunrader : 25th Jan 2019 at 6:32 AM.
Wow! I am late to the party but, even though this upload is from way back, I had never seen it, and it's awesome!

First the one I knew about... I love small lots and I've used Andi8104 and MaryLou's for years:

Andi8104 and MaryLou Lots
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=195469
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=195467

Honestly, until recently, I didn't notice that they have the sun coming from the rear in lot view, but back in 2006-2007, Aelflaed did, and worked out how to turn these lots so that they'd be facing the sun in lot view:

Aeflaed Sunnyside Lots
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=251798
http://www.modthesims.info/download...778#post1789778

In case others are late to the party, too, I took some screen shots so you can see what they do.

EDIT - HugeLunatic posted a link to files (below) that modify the game lighting that you can add to your installation files and call with a cheat if you prefer that to building on Sunnyside lots, or if you have a lot that's already built that you want to change. Also very cool.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#6771 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 11:54 AM
You can change the direction of the sun in a lot by using cheat, you don't need to install those lots. The last post by Hook, http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...hp?topic=8076.5, contains the edits to make to your lighting files. If you use DreadPirate's updating radiance lighting mod, it now contains that.
Lab Assistant
#6772 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 11:51 PM
I've never noticed how few windows Olive's house has until I was renovating it for Nervous and Pascal. That house must've felt like a prison for Ophelia. Her bedroom didn't have any windows.
Mad Poster
#6773 Old 25th Jan 2019 at 1:23 PM
I think the big doors in the bedroom walls on that lot are meant to look like windows with shutters on them, but the base game didn't come with anything like that so Maxis had to put the big doors there instead. I always replace them with the windows and shutters from Moune999's Torrox build set. I leave the shutters open for Ophelia's room and put closed ones on Olive's room.

Windows and doors - http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=415933

Shutters - http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=415934
Scholar
#6774 Old 25th Jan 2019 at 5:47 PM
It's not a good idea to use the teleporter cat to add a Plantsim to the household (unless it was just a one-off glitch).

For some reason, I couldn't find a newspaper on the Greenmans' lot, so I used the cat to bring Cactus to the Roths' place so he could perform the funerary rites for Lady Betty and Miss Catherine. It moved him in no problem, but then he getting 'hungry' thoughts even though he couldn't eat (when directed to 'grab a plate,' it just fell out of his queue) and kept going to bed! In the end I just exited without saving, bought the Greenmans a computer and let Cactus move out that way.
Mad Poster
#6775 Old 25th Jan 2019 at 10:52 PM
I'm pretty sure I've moved plantsims around using it, so I'm guessing it was a glitch.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Page 271 of 445