Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 7:33 PM Last edited by popcornstar45 : 17th Apr 2018 at 8:52 PM.
Default (Found) Cat’s Eyes by Channy & Vivin at The Sims World
This CC is so hard to find!!
I have been able to get The eyes via the Sim exchange but I am tired of having to have a sim with a whole bunch of random CC just to have the eyes.
What I am specifically trying to get a hard copy of Channy & Vivin at The Sims World Cat’s Eyes (for Male and Female both the big and smaller versions) Second and Seventh Picture Here. I have tried to download the eyes from the blog were the eyes seem to originate from but I get a Virus and Malware warning and the files seem to be corrupted.

If you guys know of any other download for this CC or if there is a way to extract cc from a sim exchange download plz let me know.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 8:14 PM
I think you actually might be able to extract what you want from the sim.

You'd need to have the sim stored in a sims3pack someplace easy to find, like on your desktop. (If you downloaded the sim as a sim file, then go in-game and export it, which will create a copy of the sim in sims3pack format in The Sims 3 > Exports, but since you said this is from the exchange then it's probably already in sims3pack format)

Create a new folder as a destination, and use Delphy's Extractor tool to extract all of the packages within the sims3pack.

You'll use that new folder you created as the destination, since generally the package file names will not tell you what the content is, usually they have instance numbers which start with "0x" instead.

Then use s3pe to open the packages and figure out what each one is. When you open a package with S3PE a list of file types within the package appears. Usually the ones listed as IMG or ICON will give you a preview of what the item is.

((This is a tutorial about how to use S3PE to edit a package, but the pictures show what the file lists look like so you have an idea of what you'll see.))

Once you find the right package, rename it something useful like 'cat eyes CC' or whatever you want to call it, and move the file to The Sims 3 > Mods > Packages to get it into your game. From there you can delete everything else that was extracted from the sims3pack.

Make sure to uninstall the sim, or remove the sim file from your game, and you should be good to go. This process should take no more than five or ten minutes from start to finish and it's useful to know in case you see a piece of CC you really want from a sim. :D
Mad Poster
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Apr 2018 at 3:13 AM
@orose Thankyou for your detailed description ill be sure to utilize this process in the future!!!
@murfee Thankyou So much for the Downloads!!!!!! You Never cease to Amaze me!!!

Again Thankyou Everyone I am so elated to finally have the CC fully in my game!!!!