Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 5:46 PM
Default Mod to allow/forbid certains actions to specific sims
Hi!
I've been searching around for a few hours, and I'm not sure that such a thing even exists, but I'm looking for a mod with which I could allow specific sims, or better yet, specific groups of sims, certains actions, and forbid other.
To explain a little, I'd like to build some sort of cult (inspired by the Nietzscheans of the Andromeda sci-fi show, to be precise) in which the highest-ranking would be the freest, and the lowest-ranking would basically be relegated to chores. I'd like to be able, for example, to say that this group of sims 'A', since it is not genetically pure, is not allowed to have contact with group 'B', or to touch computers, but they are encouraged to clean, garden, harvest the cows/chickens, etc.

I know it's terribly specific, and I'd be surprised if it existed, to be honest. Do you think there's anyone who might want to make such a mod, if it hasn'd already been done?

Thank you!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 6:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Holoqueen
Hi!
I've been searching around for a few hours, and I'm not sure that such a thing even exists, but I'm looking for a mod with which I could allow specific sims, or better yet, specific groups of sims, certains actions, and forbid other.
To explain a little, I'd like to build some sort of cult (inspired by the Nietzscheans of the Andromeda sci-fi show, to be precise) in which the highest-ranking would be the freest, and the lowest-ranking would basically be relegated to chores. I'd like to be able, for example, to say that this group of sims 'A', since it is not genetically pure, is not allowed to have contact with group 'B', or to touch computers, but they are encouraged to clean, garden, harvest the cows/chickens, etc.

I know it's terribly specific, and I'd be surprised if it existed, to be honest. Do you think there's anyone who might want to make such a mod, if it hasn'd already been done?

Thank you!

I don't think will get you all the way there, but you should probably start noodling around with NRass story progression+caste. You might want to stop by the chatterbox over there to see if what you're trying to do is possible.

If you're controlling all the sims on one lot, you could also use lockable doors to keep forbidden items out of reach, and give certain sims traits like "green thumb" or "neat" to make them more likely to push towards those activities on free will.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 7:06 PM
This is interesting, in a theoretical kind of way.

Agreed that NRaas SP castes might be a start, but they cannot go quite that far. The SP caste system can include inherited castes, though it doesn't have to. But caste membership regulates sim behavior with respect to things like who can be and remain in which careers and at which levels, who can go to which schools, who can live on or be pushed to certain lots, what kinds of tax rates they are charged, who can form relationships or breed with whom, what kinds of skills they are pushed to develop, for those who wish to undertake such levels of townwide management.

But once we start talking about "Thou Shalt Not..." (fill in the blank), we aren't talking about what inactive sims are pushed vs. not pushed to do, we are on a totally different level. Many of the pushes we see on inactive sim behavior come from the game itself, not necessarily from mods like SP and others that attempt to encourage/discourage certain kinds of behavior rather than fully regulating it.

Thinking about restrictions on who is allowed to touch computers (or use other objects), if the objects are not all behind locked doors, or have any sort of contact at all with groups of sims, I'm afraid I've never heard of a system that could drill down quite that far. Retuner of course comes to mind, but the kinds of autonomy that it can regulate are not restricted to anything I can think of other than age or whether a sim is pregnant, etc. as opposed to more arbitrary player-defined restrictions.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 10:22 AM
I am soooo sorry, I got so busy with university that I completely forgot about this!

The caste system is probably a bit too large-scale for this use, but I'll give it a try!
Locking doors and using traits will help too.
Also, I was thinking that this kind of restriction use is not that different from playing a prison, so I'll look into that too!

Thank you very much for your answers 😊