Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Oct 2023 at 2:40 AM
World appears distorted in CAW.
I currently have a problem with CAW, dear friends. Since the last reinstallation of the game and CAW, the render screen appears distorted. The width does not match the height, it is all stretched in width.

The Windows screen settings are OK, if I draw a round circle in the graphics program and measure it horizontally and vertically on the screen with a meter, it is the same width as height. The CAW menu itself is also OK, only the render screen is not.

In the game The Sims 3 the resolution is also correct.

I have a GTX 1070Ti installed and I am using Windows 10 2022 64bit.
CAW version is 1.67 (without Origin/EA app).

Is there an explanation for this? Have any of you encountered this strange phenomenon before?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 27th Oct 2023 at 8:39 AM
Would you have a screenshot? I'm not sure I understand the problem. Is it just the ratio of the render panel? Or the world you are working on? If so, what world are you working on, did you create it from scratch with one of the EA height maps?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Oct 2023 at 11:54 AM
Thanks for the question, I know it's a bit complicated. I also can't find anyone who has the problem, so I don't know where it's coming from or what I can do about it. I also can't find anything about how CAW decides what resolution/aspect ratio the render screen should be.

This is a world I have been working on since December 2015, it has always displayed correctly in CAW until the last complete reinstall.

-
-
(Don't know if my links to the pictures will work, the server is not https, so I attached the pictures to the post.)

As you can see in the first image, the no passing sign on the first screenshot is not round and the cars on the second appear to be pressed flat.

However, the rest of the screen is normal, only the rendered part is wrong in dimensions.

Still, I assume that the world will be displayed correctly in the game after it is exported. I haven't tried that with a new export yet though since the reinstall.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Oct 2023 at 2:17 PM Last edited by TobyS28 : 27th Oct 2023 at 8:18 PM.
By the way: It doesn't happen when I create a new world and place something there.
[Edit: Now it's happening also in a new world.]

Is it perhaps because I have not yet installed all the expansion packs and accessory packs that I originally used for the world?

I'm installing everything from CD now to work around the EA app, which it doesn't work properly with (no store items in the world), and not all CDs have arrived yet.

I will report when everything is installed.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 27th Oct 2023 at 5:21 PM
What happens if you resize the CAW window or the render panel?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Oct 2023 at 5:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Norn
What happens if you resize the CAW window or the render panel?

When I change the window from full bind to window mode and zoom in or out, and also when I move the separation wipe list and render, the distortion always remains the same.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Oct 2023 at 9:52 PM Last edited by TobyS28 : 28th Oct 2023 at 12:45 AM.
I've tested a "Test"-World, almost empty, only one object a one lot.

It doesn't show up in the game. ((
[Edit: Edit: This was because CAS was open while I was starting the game.]
Test Subject
#8 Old 17th Nov 2023 at 1:29 PM Last edited by GaylordMann : 22nd Nov 2023 at 5:43 AM.
This distortion issue in CAW could be related to graphics settings or the CAW installation. Ensure your graphics drivers are up to date, and try adjusting CAW settings. If the problem persists, consider reinstalling CAW or seeking assistance on modding forums. I was drowning in never-ending homework, and I kept hearing the “do my homework for me” plea more than once. But then this game-changer came along. Academized.com is not just a service. It’s my secret weapon on the academic battlefield. When the academic load became unbearable this https://academized.com/do-my-homework site is my favorite homework writing service Who are they? Well, they’re not just a service – they’re the reason I’m finally able to breathe amidst the coursework chaos. Whether it’s writing an essay or solving math problems, Acemized.com has been my silent partner in accomplishing every assignment. If you’re ever in the “do me with my homework” zone, connect with them.