Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jan 2024 at 5:41 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Weatherstone Woes
Every fifteen minutes in my game, a new Weatherstone pops up somewhere in the world. If it weren't for me manually clicking "Object, deleted" every time a new one shows up, I would have dozens of them all over town! This is really annoying. Any ideas as to why this may be happening?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 24th Jan 2024 at 6:49 AM
Is it only happening in your saved games? Or does the same issue occur in every new game? Try creating a new game in the same town and see if the problem persists. If it doesn't, it's possible that your current saved game is corrupted. You can also try clearing your caches to check if that resolves the issue.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 24th Jan 2024 at 8:03 AM
Does it also happen if you don't delete it? The game will respawn a new one if none is present in the world. NRAAS Traveler has an option to shut that off.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Jan 2024 at 12:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Petalruesimblr
Is it only happening in your saved games? Or does the same issue occur in every new game? Try creating a new game in the same town and see if the problem persists. If it doesn't, it's possible that your current saved game is corrupted. You can also try clearing your caches to check if that resolves the issue.

Every time I return to a saved game, a new one pops up as well.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 24th Jan 2024 at 2:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stormcat3
Every time I return to a saved game, a new one pops up as well.

There are options for weather in the Sims Options menu. Length of season, seasons and type of weather on/ off, (I think) no weather stone is also an option, but I also think the menu is for each save series.

Shiny, happy people make me puke!
Instructor
#6 Old 25th Jan 2024 at 9:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadySmoks
There are options for weather in the Sims Options menu. Length of season, seasons and type of weather on/ off, (I think) no weather stone is also an option, but I also think the menu is for each save series.

you cannot turn off weather stone by in-game options.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Forum Resident
#7 Old 25th Jan 2024 at 10:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by legacyoffailures
you cannot turn off weather stone by in-game options.

Well, I said, (I think). But I know that you can simply turn off the various weather, rain, hail, snow, so basically shuts weather stone off.

Field Researcher
#8 Old 26th Jan 2024 at 6:44 PM
I second using Traveller to disable it for that neighborhood- at least until you track down what is causing it. Somehow it isn't registering that you already have one spawned (I've had it happen where it spawned a couple extra but not as many as you are having).

I guess the only good thing is that NPCs seem to ignore it so you don't have all of the unique weather going off. Since the effects aren't standard weather I'm not sure if disabling weather would stop it.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 26th Jan 2024 at 8:56 PM
Well, I removed a few conflicting mods, and that seems to have fixed things! From now on, the town will only have ONE weatherstone!
Instructor
#10 Old 26th Jan 2024 at 9:45 PM
Well, I said, (I think). But I know that you can simply turn off the various weather, rain, hail, snow, so basically shuts weather stone off.

Turning off all weathers doesn't eliminate weather stone either since its function as to summon Supernatural type weathers. Also weather stone needs both Seasons and Supernatural, and it only works for occult sims.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Forum Resident
#11 Old 26th Jan 2024 at 10:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by legacyoffailures
Turning off all weathers doesn't eliminate weather stone either since its function as to summon Supernatural type weathers. Also weather stone needs both Seasons and Supernatural, and it only works for occult sims.

I guess your wether stone works differently from the one in my game. If I don't want rain, fog, hail, snow, I go to options and turn them off. No super naturals are hurt in the process. Weather stone is still there, but doesn't do anything in my game.

Instructor
#12 Old 26th Jan 2024 at 10:22 PM
Weather stone is still there, but doesn't do anything in my game.

yes, weather stone only works for occult sims, such as witch, vampire, fairy and werewolf. and no, non active occult sims won't autonomously go to weather stone and summon the weather.