Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Mar 2024 at 3:01 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations
Default Weird Sim Bin CAS glitch
Some sims in my CAS bin have clown makeup seemingly stuck to their skin. I can't remove the makeup and other makeup just overlaps it. I've pressed the bin symbol in the makeup section and still it won't come off. It's like it's a part of the sims skin and pretty much makes them unusable because I hate the way that makeup looks. And it's annoying because I use sim bin sims as a base for the sims I create. This is happening over a lot of the age groups in CAS however it's not all sims as seen in the pictures.

Is this a glitch? Is it caused by bad CC? I've googled and haven't found anyone with this issue. I'm posting on my phone so apologies in advance for any formatting issues.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 2nd Mar 2024 at 5:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mysteriechick
Some sims in my CAS bin have clown makeup seemingly stuck to their skin. I can't remove the makeup and other makeup just overlaps it. I've pressed the bin symbol in the makeup section and still it won't come off. It's like it's a part of the sims skin and pretty much makes them unusable because I hate the way that makeup looks. And it's annoying because I use sim bin sims as a base for the sims I create. This is happening over a lot of the age groups in CAS however it's not all sims as seen in the pictures.

Is this a glitch? Is it caused by bad CC? I've googled and haven't found anyone with this issue. I'm posting on my phone so apologies in advance for any formatting issues.

Is it only female Sims? I'm thinking it could be a CC make up issue??? You can try removing your Mods folder, start the game and see if the problem is gone. I guess it could also be something installed by other means, such as a downloaded world that has CC, or installed via the start screen, which might be in library, DCCache or DCBackup (I think).

Shiny, happy people make me puke!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Mar 2024 at 3:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LadySmoks
Is it only female Sims? I'm thinking it could be a CC make up issue??? You can try removing your Mods folder, start the game and see if the problem is gone. I guess it could also be something installed by other means, such as a downloaded world that has CC, or installed via the start screen, which might be in library, DCCache or DCBackup (I think).

Hi, sorry for the late reply. I did what you said, took out my mods folder, and the issue resolved itself so I meticulously went through everything and the culprit appears to be some bad cc eyebrows. Have no idea why it causes that issue. I'm just going to err on the side of caution and do without for now