Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th May 2019 at 9:33 AM
Default Do have a good luck charm
Whether or not you believe in luck, is there some item in your possession that you hold in high regard?

For me, it's a t-shirt that still fits after almost 20 years. In 2000, I went shirt shopping and one spoke to me as if to say "this is the real you". It was black with white lettering, saying

"I live in my own little world, but it's ok...they know me here"

At the time, I was getting into manga, particularly the supplementary Gundam Wing manga that shed light on the five rebel teen boys defying the United Earth Sphere Alliance who lied about justice and peace like any dishonest political group. I had reason to live by my shirt's credo: the kids I went to junior high with sucked. They were haves and I was a have not, even though all of our parents worked at Microsoft. Most free money in my family went to pay any crippling debts. Whatever the haves got were street drugs, which led to the cancellation of the first dance of the year. What sickened me more is their parents bailed them out.

As the years past, school years started and ended and cats came and went, one of which punctured a small clawhole in the shirt, I gained weight, but I still fit even though I have reached 300 lbs. I usually bought my shirts 20 years ago in extremely large sizes.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th May 2019 at 5:44 PM
No, I don't have anything that holds that kind of attachment for me. I'm glad you do, though. I love the shirt.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#3 Old 9th May 2019 at 6:45 PM
My Step-Mum gave me a bracelet when I was 11 or so, and I wore it all the time (only taking it off to take a bath/shower) up until I was 21 - when I left it in America while on vacation (I took it off to go swimming, and then straight away afterwards we went to the airport so I didn't notice until it was too late). I got it back a few months later, and continued to wear it for a few months, but then I caught it on something and it broke. It's been fixed several times, but ever since then the clasp keeps breaking and I'm scared it's going to fall off my wrist and I don't notice, so instead it's kept in a little box on my windowsill. It's not lucky or even has any significant meaning behind it, but it's my most prized possession.

Also, my Dad told me today that his Grandpa-pig socks I got him for his birthday (when I told him I was pregnant) are his good luck charm while he does his driving test to become a lorry driver.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#4 Old 9th May 2019 at 7:39 PM
Good luck to him!

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Scholar
#5 Old 9th May 2019 at 8:23 PM
No, but as a joke I like to say my Batman underpants are special because if Batman can do anything so can I
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 9th May 2019 at 9:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Noa1500
No, but as a joke I like to say my Batman underpants are special because if Batman can do anything so can I

I have rainbow striped bras and panties. I always liked stripes and it usually was part of the wardrobe I had over the years.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Mad Poster
#7 Old 9th May 2019 at 9:37 PM
Nothing I'd consider to be a luck charm, no. I probably had a few such items at a younger age, but considering how much bad luck I've had throughout my life, whatever I had (if a nything at all) obviously didn't work...

I do have items and clothes and such I like more than others, but other than being careful with them so they don't break or get ruined, I wouldn't say there's one thing more especial than others. My computer equipment is probably what I'd first save (of material things) in case of a fire, possibly prioritiizing my small external harddrives, because there's important files on them and they're easy to grab. But after having 3 computers more or less fail on me, I know electronics aren't absolutely irreplacable, and definitely not "lucky".
Alchemist
#8 Old 9th May 2019 at 10:27 PM Last edited by Johnny_Bravo : 9th May 2019 at 10:37 PM.
Even though I think good luck charms are superstitious, I carry my 5 Euro coin I found 3 years ago with me. everywhere, always.

It was the first commemorative coin (?) and the first with a blue polymer ring.
It was a kind of ironic situation. I desperately needed money, the 'Blue planet coin' was new and it just laid there on the street. I initially thought it was a 2 Euro coin. So it was kind of a bummer and I was thinking about selling it for 20 bucks back then. I kept it though, and I just found out they're worth almost 100 bucks now! Not gonna sell it though.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#9 Old 10th May 2019 at 8:57 AM Last edited by Cloopy : 30th Jul 2019 at 8:59 PM.
Yes, I have a talisman, I bought it on the sea, a stone in the form of gourd pumpkin. It is very important to wear it with you) I know that you are lovers here to talk about Sims, but I think that even information about bulk email service free will be relevant for you. Why it's great, in my opinion, it is obvious: in addition to being free, it is also convenient and interesting from the point of view of organizing both free time and general work discipline and the work process itself, I recommend.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 12th May 2019 at 4:52 AM
Just my Saint Rocco medallion. I think it's heresy to call it a good luck charm tho.
I wish things could be as they were, ergo I must invent the time machine

Sims are better than us.
Space Pony
#11 Old 18th Jun 2019 at 8:13 AM
I have crucifixes, rosaries, pentacles, crystals, wiccan and pagan bracelets, and amulets.

Dag-Dag