Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Dec 2018 at 2:19 AM
Default Help how did this happen ?
Hello everyone wishing you all a safe and happy holidays ahead. I need some help here I am always extremely careful with playing my Sims game and know what not to do to cause any corruption.
I have a married couple with two teen girl, I just by chance today went into their household I was checking to see what was going on with everyone.

I look into the father memories and was surprise one of his memory said he had an affair and the person name is his own birth daughter (This Have NEVER happen NEVER ) I don't play my game with incest, it's not my style of play.
Now when I look into his daughter memories It is NOT there at all, How did this happen that the father have this in his memory ? Yes I am positive I have never play that way in my game for a father and daughter to behave in that manner.
This is the first for me and I rarely go into their household for this to happen what going on here ? I do have the Batman Box but never use it for anything like that, I notice it have the option for memory,help what goes here.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th Dec 2018 at 3:20 AM
Do you have AncientHighway's mod that allows Sims to classic-dance with family members? Doing that still keeps it flagged as a romantic interaction (and can cause slapping), so although I haven't tried it myself it wouldn't be much a surprise to see it as causing the memory too.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#3 Old 17th Dec 2018 at 3:24 AM
I don't know how it happened, but it's good that the daughter doesn't have the memory - it means the incest didn't really happen! Check the dad's relationship panel - is the daughter marked as Family there? If not, then you've had the random hiccup that a relationship flag has not been set. Most likely his daughter gave him a Family Kiss, and without the relationship flag it was interpreted as a romantic kiss. If that's what happened, use an editing tool to fix the relationship - it's a single checkbox in SimPe, very easy to deal with - and remove the memory.

One of the batbox's memory functions is to delete bad memories. If you get the option to "wipe corrupt," then someone has a bad memory and you need to get rid of it, which you can do just by clicking the option. If the memory is wrong in some way that the batbox doesn't recognize as corrupt, you'll probably have to use SimPE to remove it.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Dec 2018 at 3:32 AM
@Bulbizarre No I don't have Ancient Highway mod. I Think in SimPE you can add or change memories, but unfortunately I have never figure out how to use it, I try but it did not click in my head.

Mad Poster
#5 Old 17th Dec 2018 at 10:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
Do you have AncientHighway's mod that allows Sims to classic-dance with family members? Doing that still keeps it flagged as a romantic interaction (and can cause slapping), so although I haven't tried it myself it wouldn't be much a surprise to see it as causing the memory too.

I thought that sims could already classic dance with family members. It was between friends that you had to watch out for falling in love.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 17th Dec 2018 at 12:06 PM Last edited by Bulbizarre : 17th Dec 2018 at 12:39 PM.
No, only with a mod. piqiwi made one that doesn't result in slapping, though.

For the memory bit, try Aaroneous's Memory Manipulator: http://simmanipulator.forumotion.co...ory-manipulator

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#7 Old 17th Dec 2018 at 3:25 PM
A sim has to be engaged or married to cheat on their partner and get the had an affair memory, assuming the daughter is single she wouldn't get the memory. Her not having the memory does not mean it didn't happen.
Alchemist
#8 Old 17th Dec 2018 at 3:53 PM
I know this is a really silly idea, but I've done it, myself, so, thought I'd throw it out there...

I was once horrified at a similar memory and then realized I'd read it wrong - the memory was from gossip they'd heard about someone having an affair, not that they'd had one.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 17th Dec 2018 at 8:12 PM
I've had that happen a couple of times thanks to ACR. If ACR sends two sims to woohoo naked and one sim goes to sleep right after, they'll sleep naked. If another sim then goes to sleep next to the naked sim, they sometimes cuddle, even if it isn't appropriate. This then counts as a romantic interaction and if the naked sim is engaged or married, they get the cheating memory. I think it should be possible for the not naked sim to get the memory, too. But I've never had that happen so far, because that sim was always a younger sibling or child of the naked sim and not engaged/married.

Visit My Test of Time Challenge: wordpress & livejournal
Alchemist
#10 Old 17th Dec 2018 at 11:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
A sim has to be engaged or married to cheat on their partner and get the had an affair memory
"Love", "Crush", "Go Steady"; those characters can also be cheated on.
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#11 Old 18th Dec 2018 at 12:27 AM Last edited by Simonut : 18th Dec 2018 at 1:01 AM.
@Peni Griffin I check the family relationship panel all is correct there, the family members are all properly connected. ( as it should be ) I use the BatBox and click on to removed bad memories it removed some but it did not remove that the father falsely had an affair with his daughter.How could this have happen when it NEVER did, gee I at wit end here as far as SimPE I don't know how to use it or what version to use my last installed Ep is Seasons,

I try to use SimPE many years ago but fail at understanding the whole process.
Should I forget the whole thing since his daughter Do Not have that memory? This really have made me mad with such a memories as the father have when It never happen. And I have never use ACR

Alchemist
#12 Old 18th Dec 2018 at 2:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
@Peni Griffin I check the family relationship panel all is correct there, the family members are all properly connected. ( as it should be ) I use the BatBox and click on to removed bad memories it removed some but it did not remove that the father falsely had an affair with his daughter.How could this have happen when it NEVER did, gee I at wit end here as far as SimPE I don't know how to use it or what version to use my last installed Ep is Seasons,

I try to use SimPE many years ago but fail at understanding the whole process.
Should I forget the whole thing since his daughter Do Not have that memory? This really have made me mad with such a memories as the father have when It never happen. And I have never use ACR

I would just delete it if it bothered me.

Here's the latest version. If you want to try, I'm sure we can walk you through it. http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...319#post5338319
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#13 Old 18th Dec 2018 at 4:42 AM
@Sunrader Thanks but I am not sure it would be wise to delete it, ( I don't think their an option in that memory mode to delete ) because it is in now a part of the Sims files as a memory. I think the only way is using SimPE and I don't want to mess with SimPE when I really have no idea of what I am doing.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 18th Dec 2018 at 5:08 AM
You can use the memory manipulator to delete it. Easily done in game. Someone will have a link I am sure, or if not I can upload it. It looks like a plate with candles found under miscellaneous.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#15 Old 18th Dec 2018 at 2:08 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 18th Dec 2018 at 2:25 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You can use the memory manipulator to delete it. Easily done in game. Someone will have a link I am sure, or if not I can upload it. It looks like a plate with candles found under miscellaneous.

I was thinking there must be a mod for that. I see Bulbizarre linked it above, but here it is, again. http://simmanipulator.forumotion.co...ory-manipulator

OP, I'm pretty sure it's perfectly safe to delete memories. Simmers do it all the time. I, personally, manipulate memories often for story telling. I like to make them last longer so they have more influence.

Anyone know otherwise? Are there any dangers to deleting memories?
Mad Poster
#16 Old 18th Dec 2018 at 2:39 PM
Deleting memories is fine; I've done it enough times. Weird memories are just a symptom of corruption (much like a cough) and can't break anything on their own; otherwise, using the witch's spell Tabula Rasa would be on the list of VBTs. Still, it's also a good idea to use the Batbox to clean out gossip afterwards, unless you use the version of No Sim Loaded that does it automatically.

Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#17 Old 19th Dec 2018 at 4:17 AM Last edited by Simonut : 19th Dec 2018 at 10:21 PM.
@Sunrader Thanks for the Memory Manipulator Link, @joandsarah77 also thanks for your reply. I have just a few questions I have downloaded the mod but I have no idea what it look like, it is an object ?
If so in what category in the buy mode.

Or is it a menu on the Sims? Now this sound silly ( forgive me lol ) when you look at the Sims memories panel is the most recent memory is it the arrow pointing to the Right or left and the older go the left ? I ask because reading the notes txt with this mods

I think I should use "Remove a Single Memory but I need to place the memory position in the panel in the correct position for example ( 123 or further down the count to make sure I delete the correct memory ) as explain in the creator notes.
I rarely go in to look at the most recent or later memories so to be honest I have forgotten if it right or left.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#18 Old 19th Dec 2018 at 6:24 AM
I said above it looks like candles on a plate under miscellaneous (or I think it's under miscellaneous) I can't be more descriptive than that with the game not loaded. Simply remove the memory, you don't have to replace it with anything.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#19 Old 19th Dec 2018 at 10:49 AM
My game is open.

The Memory Manipulator is found in Misc > Misc and costs $20.
Screenshots
Alchemist
#20 Old 19th Dec 2018 at 12:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
@Sunrader Thanks for the Memory Manipulator Link, @joandsarah77 also thanks for your reply. I have a just few questions I have downloaded the mod but I have no idea what it look like, it is an object ?
If so in what category in the buy mode.

Or is it a menu on the Sims? Now this sound silly ( forgive me lol ) when you look at the Sims memories panel is the most recent memory is it the arrow pointing to the Right or left and the older go the left ? I ask because reading the notes txt with this mods

I think I should use "Remove a Single Memory but I need to place the memory position in the panel in the correct position for example ( 123 or further down the count to make sure I delete the correct memory ) as explain in the creator notes.
I rarely go in to look at the most recent or later memories so to be honest I have forgotten if it right or left.

The most recent memory is the right most memory, older ones are to the left. I think it doesn't matter, though, because the menu will list all the memories by name starting at the most recent. You'll be able to see the offensive memory on the menu. You don't need to do anything with the panel.
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#21 Old 19th Dec 2018 at 10:56 PM
I first want to sincerely thank "Everyone" who have offer their help. @Sunrader thanks for the Link, and reminding me the direction of the Sims memories panel.

@joandsarah77 thanks for your patience I miss some of your reply on post #14 as to what the object is.

@RoxEllen1965 thanks for the picture of the object, I use that non- mod candle all the time in Sims homes.

This is one of the reason I have come to love MTS over the many years, the members have always reach out to give a helping hand, even if you are a newbie or oldbie. :lovestruc
There is still so many things out there for the Sims 2 I think we all was bless to have some of the "Best Modders" around during the Sims 2 times, hopefully the mods will continue to be created for other version of the Sims.

NOTE: I use the Mod and the father is clear of the Affair with his daughter memory.