Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#26 Old 19th Dec 2006 at 6:55 PM
If you want to post it I'll look at it.

Eclectic Sims The place for your younger sims and unique animated items!
Charmed Sims Archives Gorgeous Clothing, Furnishings and more.
Two great sites ALL FREE NOW!!!
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
Original Poster
#27 Old 19th Dec 2006 at 7:03 PM
Thanks! You may notice some things that were not strictly in your instructions. That is because I ended up trying loads of different things in an effort to make it work! Like changing the names of the textures and so forth.

Anyway the extra mesh subset is attached to the north door and its called "furniture"
Attached files:
File Type: zip  ijFaceDoor_4Panel.zip (45.8 KB, 10 downloads) - View custom content

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Instructor
#28 Old 19th Dec 2006 at 7:32 PM
Ok I can't test this in game right now, because I'm at work But SimPE successfully creates a recolor package including your furniture texture. See if this works in game for you. What I did was add _normal to the furniture and the stainedglass (it's master) TXMT's. I then updated the MMAT's & SHPE's to reflect this.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  MTS2_428456_Inge_Jones_ijFaceDoor_4Panel.zip (65.2 KB, 10 downloads) - View custom content

Original Poster
#29 Old 19th Dec 2006 at 7:36 PM
Wow that was quick! Testing right away...

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Original Poster
#30 Old 19th Dec 2006 at 8:11 PM
I am sorry to say there is no difference, the letterbox part is still not changing colour with the glass Obviously I imported some new colours into the recolour file, in case you wonder

Instructor
#31 Old 19th Dec 2006 at 8:27 PM
I'm wondering if it's because it's a build object instead of buy or if it's because of all the gmdc's. The only other thing I can think to try is to add the tsDesignModeSlaveSubsets entry to all the gmdc's. I know slavesubsets still work for normal objects as I just did one a couple weeks ago.
Original Poster
#32 Old 19th Dec 2006 at 8:29 PM
Ok. I don't go for the build mode idea, but I know it's not usual to have different subsets in different GMDCs.

Is it ok to add them without there being something in them, or should I stick an invisible cube into them?

Instructor
#33 Old 19th Dec 2006 at 9:01 PM
I know on a few objects with multi gmdc's I did have to put an invis cube in, but those were slave subsets. Don't forget to update the SHPE's then too.

Original Poster
#34 Old 19th Dec 2006 at 10:15 PM
Oh dear, now it's crashing the game as soon as I try to put it on the lot

Simpe's scenegrapher and previews seem happy enough with it, but the game hates it with the extra mesh parts in!

Scholar
#35 Old 19th Dec 2006 at 11:22 PM
what version of SimPE you using 0.60? get rid of it full of too many bugs to use atm.
Instructor
#36 Old 20th Dec 2006 at 3:23 AM
I tried it without the faces, but with updated SHPE and GMND's and it seems to work fine. As far as I can see everything is changing as it should.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  MTS2_428456_Inge_Jones_ijFaceDoor_4Panel.zip (100.5 KB, 17 downloads) - View custom content

Original Poster
#37 Old 20th Dec 2006 at 8:58 AM
Hey it worked this time! What was the final touch? Up until now I have been as far as having everything change successfully *except* the furniture eg house number - even though no errors were being thrown.

Edit: Ah, I see you added the stainedglass and furniture to each of the Shapes, but *not* the "rot" one. Maybe I should have left that one alone, that might be what was crashing.

Well thank you very much for your help, I have a line of people who will be very relieved when the set is finally posted :D

Instructor
#38 Old 20th Dec 2006 at 1:13 PM
Not a problem! I enjoy seeing the things you come up with so I'm glad I could be of help.

Page 2 of 2