Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jan 2024 at 2:48 AM
Default question on a want about nectar
my sim has one of those rare oddball wants that only come up every once in a while for me and im curious about how to go about completing it... i know i can go to champs le sim and get a bottle there but thats to easy...so heres the want

drink a bottle of nectar older then 50 years

is it possible and how long would it take to get a bottle that old on my home lot without command console cheats and without vacationing in paris?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Jan 2024 at 11:47 PM
'Buydebug, place nectar cash register on communual lot, and try to buy the wine (if there is one of that age) or the making station and make your own out of fruits.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Jan 2024 at 11:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
'Buydebug, place nectar cash register on communual lot, and try to buy the wine (if there is one of that age) or the making station and make your own out of fruits.

as stated in my op, buying a bottle is to easy, and you only get that want when you have been making nectar, so i already have the machine and numerous bottles made.. my question is how long does it take to get a bottle that old if doing it the legit right non cheating way and not traveling to champs le sim to buy one?
Instructor
#4 Old 6th Jan 2024 at 1:21 AM
That kind of wish is for a bottle of nectar that has been found in a tomb, which get assigned random ages up into the thousands of years.
Home-made nectar track their ages in sim-weeks, I don't think they would ever be eligible to fulfill one of these wishes- it would take over 2600 ingame weeks to reach 50 years.

Scribe of tutorials. Oracle of questions at NRaas. Blog staller at thecardinalsims. Feel free to @ me for input on any TS3/TS4 modding questions.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 6th Jan 2024 at 5:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Silence731
as stated in my op, buying a bottle is to easy, and you only get that want when you have been making nectar, so i already have the machine and numerous bottles made.. my question is how long does it take to get a bottle that old if doing it the legit right non cheating way and not traveling to champs le sim to buy one?

Well I can’t see how it be possible to get a wine without travelling to foreign worlds UNLESS you have a world thats prestocked and set to include vines (custom tombs). Unlesss I’m mistaken, and there is?

You didn’t say anything about buying a bottle (so I thought obtaining you meant from a chest, nectar machine (both which obtainable from France) or RNG event that gives random item that I dont know of), and building a lot that sells it isn’t cheating as the cash register is available in build mode from the get-go. If a juice bar and bar type lot is in home world, it be fitting anyways to plot down the register to make it into a wine shop of sorts. That is, if you’re looking for a way to get vanilla wise without cheating, well that’s the only (confirmation required (?)) to get 50old bottle.

For the aging part, I know no clue how its calculated so cant say answer about wine aging question.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Jan 2024 at 3:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CardinalSims
That kind of wish is for a bottle of nectar that has been found in a tomb, which get assigned random ages up into the thousands of years.
Home-made nectar track their ages in sim-weeks, I don't think they would ever be eligible to fulfill one of these wishes- it would take over 2600 ingame weeks to reach 50 years.

thank you for the math, math is hard, looks like im going on vacation then