Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Mar 2023 at 5:34 PM
Default What's Happening In Your Game Right Now That is Totally Off the Wall?
There may have been a thread like this for 4 in the past.... but if so must have been a while ago? SO, to chat about current goings on I will start...

I got High School and Werewolves in the sale mostly to get some new worlds, but am actually having fun playing them. I am playing a version of the Addams in HS with Wednesday in HS and a little sister Winona who is a child version of her.

BUT, the reason I started this is... I created 2 werewolves in CAS, a married couple. At the very first play she just talked to some woman and he had a fit and held it against her ever since. He has been a total PITA since day one and he does not have the mean trait. He has been so awful to her it deteriorated to they despise each other as she clearly became fed up with him! I tried everything to get them to a good relationship and nothing worked. She finally gave him what he wanted and divorced him. So now they hate each other and live in that tiny house! I have never had this in all my years of playing all versions of 4. So, WTH was that? They then got into a second brawl. He won earlier first one and she really bested him in this one. So who knows how this will play out?

So, have you had this? And what else that is just nuts is going on in your game?

OH, and in HS, Gomez and Winona went to test a new restaurant on the point I think it is called.......... then swam across the bay to get home! At night.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 20th Mar 2023 at 2:19 PM
I have experienced that issue aswell. When the romance goes into red, all interactions worsens the relationship. The best thing someone can do then is to give them space as it decreases back to normal. Eventually you can start to rebuild the relation from scratch. That paired with the "emotional state" makes it really difficult to repair Sims relationships.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 20th Mar 2023 at 6:18 PM
I'm having the most trouble keeping a sim's needs in the green since Sims 2. This is totally against expectations and fantastic (cranky infants for the win).
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Mar 2023 at 8:38 PM
I am noticing that for the werewolves the needs are dropping so fast, far faster than normal it seems.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 20th Mar 2023 at 9:38 PM
Experienced not one but two glitches with the Get to Work career. I have a Sim whom started as police chef. But his career outfit was broken. He only had the pants. I don't know how to fix that. I vaguely remember that you could alter career outfit, but not how. There was also a police chef at the station which seems a bit odd. Maybe whatever cheat made to bring the Sim to the top of his career glitched something.

Also, a celebrity Sim showed up at the station... and he tried to hype the place up like celebrity Sims does. It doesn't feel fitting to do it at a police station though.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 20th Mar 2023 at 10:12 PM
My Sims were being needlessly mean to each other too for no reason so they were constantly furious at each other and I couldn't get anything done because "ThIs SiM iS tOo AnGrY tO dO tHaT nOw" *groans* It got so bad that I had to disable mean interactions with MCCC just to get them to stop being assholes. They still manage to piss each other off though so I guess next I'm banning mischievous actions -_-

I also had proper sim who I left without supervising for few seconds and all of a sudden he has super angry mood and I'm like "what? What happened here?" and turns out he himself cheated on his spouse and he was mad it happened. Like, you little shit, you did it yourself? Why did you do it? Then he wanted to confess it to the spouse who had no idea it happened angering her too and I just *frustrated screaming* Why are you such moron that you'd knowingly try to ruin your marriage like this?!

Some days after the Winterfest I was like "Why is there a plate on the table? Why is the food on it disappearing? Why is the empty plate flying to the sink and being washes? WHAT IS GOING ON????" Then moment later I notice my child sim is talking to someone (there's no one visible) and I clicked on her and according to the icons she's talking to Father Winter. Who apparently has been stuck on my lot since the Winterfest and invisible all this time so I had no idea he was there eating my food and sleeping on my couch. At least that explained why I had less food than I should have had based on what my Sims ate.... Got rid of him by inviting him to a party and somehow that made him visible and then told him to leave and luckily he did.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 20th Mar 2023 at 11:42 PM
Oh yeah I totally agree with you. Why do Sims self-sabotage and then feel bad about self-sabotaging? They did it on their own accord. I swear, sometimes these Sims are dumber than a bag of rocks.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 21st Mar 2023 at 5:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
I'm having the most trouble keeping a sim's needs in the green since Sims 2. This is totally against expectations and fantastic (cranky infants for the win).

I honestly do not believe this can be effectively done without using MCCC

You have to know how to accept rejection and reject acceptance. - Ray Bradbury
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 21st Mar 2023 at 5:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Craft90
I have a Sim whom started as police chef. But his career outfit was broken. He only had the pants.

My werewolf female wears slacks in the bathtub! She is topless and has the head scarf on, and has the pants on. UM???? I guess she is half never nude? LOL
Field Researcher
#10 Old 21st Mar 2023 at 1:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
My werewolf female wears slacks in the bathtub! She is topless and has the head scarf on, and has the pants on. UM???? I guess she is half never nude? LOL

That could be a broken nude outfit. I believe LittleMsSam has updated the bathing outfit fixer than could be found on here. I'm not sure if it's updated to the latest patch tho. It could also be a mismatch of bodyparts. If the top and bottom aren't compatible that kind of thing can happen.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 21st Mar 2023 at 8:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Craft90
That could be a broken nude outfit. I believe LittleMsSam has updated the bathing outfit fixer than could be found on here. I'm not sure if it's updated to the latest patch tho. It could also be a mismatch of bodyparts. If the top and bottom aren't compatible that kind of thing can happen.

For some reason it is unique to her so far. Morticia took a nice soak in the corner tub that I spotted and she did not have some pants on, so who knows what is going on? The one Sim is the only one where this is going on as far as I know. Silly game!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#12 Old 21st Mar 2023 at 10:09 PM
UM???? I guess she is half never nude? LOL

There are dozens of them!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 22nd Mar 2023 at 12:12 AM
I made my own dog in game with striking resemblance and made myself sad seeing her pass away in game from old age.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 22nd Mar 2023 at 4:39 AM
For some reason it is unique to her so far. Morticia took a nice soak in the corner tub that I spotted and she did not have some pants on, so who knows what is going on? The one Sim is the only one where this is going on as far as I know. Silly game!

Outfits are per Sim. It might just be one whom has a broken bathing outfit.

Anyhow, as for what's happening in my game? I had one Sim being abducted and he's now raising an infant. My Batuu boy is now level 2 in the scum and scoundrel reputation. I noticed that the meter goes both ways. Makes me wonder if certain actions might decrease it? I guess decreasing in turn would cause some issues to arrive with that faction. Just speculation. I'm a little tempted to plan a wedding for another one of my couples. But I'm weary about the Dream Wedding pack. I hope the bugs has been fixed.

Oh and lastly, I have been playing with the idea of making some sort of sci-fi Sim story. I did something like that in Sims 2. I can't run Sims 2 on my desktop though, so I'm trying to do it in Sims 4. I've found some sci-fi CC but far from the amount I had in Sims 2. Here is a pic of my group of brave people.
Screenshots