Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 6:37 PM
Default Too much custom content?
Okay so I have a very strong computer (core i7, GeForce GTX graphics card) and I just tried playing after going on a massive CC shopping spree, and the game understandably takes longer to load but the second the rotating plumbob is about to disappear and the menu is about to show up, The game freezes and nothing happens, it's been nearly 20 minutes. I have over 100gb of CC now, and I was wondering if maybe it's just too much for the game to handle?
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 9:18 PM
Lol 100 GB of CC, even I didn't had that much
Well, make sure that all your CC was for sims 4, not for sims 3 or 2, because the game might not start with cc from other sims generations.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 11:11 PM
I don't know how much CC the sims 4 can handle but I know that alpha cc is bigger from the poly count and whatever, so maybe reduce the size of alpha cc you're using.
after that if you're cc is just clothes and stuff like that, you could merge them, I've heard that merging your CC will reduce loading time.

also I almost forgot make sure that you don't use any bad CC, like corrupted cc,multiple cc that change the same scripts