Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#326 Old 29th May 2007 at 5:54 PM
Nerina, that's fine... I consider that fantasy.

Nice job so far everyone! Remember entries are due tomorrow!
Advertisement
Instructor
#327 Old 30th May 2007 at 4:15 PM
I forgot to mention last night that I completed my entry here. Not completely satisfied with it, but it will have to do. Good luck everyone!
Instructor
Original Poster
#328 Old 30th May 2007 at 6:14 PM
As of right now, it looks like everyone's done with their entries except:

poky - needs his scene and B&W shot
Cinamun - for some reason, your B&W shot isn't showing up
Katie - hasn't started at all

You guys have no more than 9 hours from this post to finish... after that I have to close!
Scholar
#329 Old 30th May 2007 at 6:23 PM
I think they're fixed now. Please let me know if you are still unable to view the pictures

http://forums.sims2community.com/sh...0516#post890516
Instructor
Original Poster
#330 Old 30th May 2007 at 7:33 PM
Yep, it shows up now.

EDIT: Ok, just for everyone information, I CAN extend the round, but only by a few hours. If the entries aren't finished by tomorrow when I wake up, you will be eliminated from the competition. That is about 15 hours from now. But still, LET ME KNOW if you're planning to turn something in. I'll be more lenient if you let me know what's going on.
Instructor
Original Poster
#331 Old 31st May 2007 at 5:26 PM
FINAL ROUND IS NOW CLOSED!

Results will be up when I get a chance!
Instructor
Original Poster
#332 Old 31st May 2007 at 6:39 PM
Default The Top 8
CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE! Enjoy your red carpet party!

I thought I'd put the group shot up now to give you guys something to see... like a little results preshow Results will be up either tonight or tomorrow night, depending on when I get the scores back.
Lab Assistant
#333 Old 31st May 2007 at 7:54 PM
wow i love the group shot, you did such a good job of that!! looking forward to results
Scholar
#334 Old 31st May 2007 at 8:00 PM
Wow! The group shot looks amazing! I can't wait to find otu who wins! Good luck guys!

You can call me Robyn, tis my name after all
SixWordStories
Instructor
Original Poster
#335 Old 1st Jun 2007 at 4:36 AM
Default Round 4 Results!

Hey guys, welcome to the Round 4 Results ceremony! Please Note: These scores and placings are for Round 4 Only... The winner will be announced later, I have a lot of work to do to calculate everyone's final scores, so it might not be for a while... but I wanted to get the Round 4 results/favorites out there now.

Also, these scores are out of 120 this time, not 90 like usual.

In 3rd place, with a score of 105.5....

Carmen Carpenter!

In 2nd place, with a score of 107....

Mona Synan!

And in 1st place for Round 4, with a score of 108.5....

Fran Goldsmith!

The rest of the rankings this round:

4th: Jacob Wilkens (98.5)
5th: Nevaeh Alvarez (97)
6th: Edie Whitmore (96.5)
7th: Lexy Lauper (94)
8th: Lilly Gates (84)

Judge Favorites:

Favorite Scene:
RSG - Mona Synan; p$ycho$immer – Fran Goldsmith; pors – Carmen Carpenter
Favorite Formal:
RSG - Nevaeh Alvarez; p$ycho$immer – Mona Synan; pors – Carmen Carpenter
Favorite B&W:
RSG: Jacob Wilkens; p$ycho$immer – Lexy Lauper; pors – Fran Goldsmith

Comments coming in the next post!

Once again, I have no idea who won... I haven't calculated the scores yet. It's going to take some time, and I have get some sleep now so it may be quite a while...

Congrats to everyone, you all did an outstanding job this round! As usual!
Instructor
Original Poster
#336 Old 1st Jun 2007 at 4:39 AM
Default Comments for Round 4
As usual, these comments are mine, they don't reflect what the other judges were thinking.... The scores this round were pretty varied amongst the judges, so that might explain why my comments might not seem to match up with the total score you received. I'm sorry about that, I wish everyone made comments but they don't...

Edie Whitmore:
Comments: Your pictures are great! I can understand what you were going for with the story, but I wish it had been expanded a little more. Your formal shot is great and I love her pose. Nice job.

Fran Goldsmith:
Comments: Your pictures are nice, and I like the idea behind your script… I felt like it was a little too wordy in places, but overall you did a great job. Both your formal and B&W shots are wonderful.

Lilly Gates:
Comments: Your scene is nice, it’s simple but creative. Good job! I wish your formal had been a little more fancy, it seems a bit out of place. Otherwise, you did a great job.

Lexy Lauper:
Comments: I loved your scene, the pictures are stunning and the script is intriguing and passionate. Your formal is beautiful, but the headshot I had some concerns… You showed a little too much shoulder for a headshot and she should have been looking at the camera.

Nevaeh Alvarez:
Comments: Your scene was pretty short… but you had a great idea! I love your pictures as well. The formal pose is amazing! On the headshot, you showed a little too much shoulder.

Carmen Carpenter:
Comments: Wow, you did an amazing job! Your scene is very creative and I had a great time reading it. Your formal and B&W shot are both stunning. Excellent job!

Jacob Wilkens:
Comments: I love the idea of basing your scene on a myth, that was so creative! In your scene, though, you should have really but the scene narration in a different form, like actual stage directions. The rest of the entry is great!

Mona Synan:
Comments: Everything about your entry is amazing! I don’t know what else I can say… I was blown away. Your formal pose wasn’t that unique but still ok. Otherwise, wow!
Instructor
Original Poster
#337 Old 1st Jun 2007 at 1:46 PM
Default Final Results Ceremony

Welcome to the final results ceremony! Once again, I want to congratulate you all on doing such a fabulous job throughout the entire competition! I know some of my tasks were pretty involved, and I was constantly impressed by how well you did on each one! Everyone in the top 8 should feel great about how they did!

Now, onto the results.... These scores are based on an average of your first 3 rounds added to the scores from the final round. I scaled the final round so that the scores are also out of 90... Therefore, your final score is half the final round, half the other 3 rounds.

In 4th place, with a total score of 154 out of 180....

the lovely Fran Goldsmith!

In 3rd place, with a total score of 155 out of 180....

the handsome Jacob Wilkens!

In 2nd place, with a total score of 158.5 out of 180....

the amazing Carmen Carpenter!

And finally, the winner of the Next Big Star cycle 1 is.....

the incredible Mona Synan, with a score of 160 out of 180!

Congratulations Liadan and all the other top places! You guys did amazing! As you can see, the scores were all close...

The rest of the rankings:

5th: Nevaeh Alvarez (148.5)
6th: Edie Whitmore (146)
7th: Lexy Lauper (145.5)
8th: Lilly Gates (141)

Thank you all for participating in this contest! You have been super contestants! I hope to see you all back in cycle 2!

***Also, Liadan, please let me know if you want the prize.... You can check it out through the link on the front page. If you don't, I'll offer it to Cinamun.
Scholar
#338 Old 1st Jun 2007 at 2:30 PM
AWESOME!!! I wasnt expecting second place at ALL! Thank you for the scores judges and RSG thank YOU for such a great contest, it was really fun taking on the different roles with each round. I do hope to see cycle two soon. Congrats to the top 8 and especially Mona, Jacob and Fran. You guys were amazing!
#339 Old 1st Jun 2007 at 2:36 PM
Congrats, Cinamun! The top three were all awesome!

RSG, great job with this contest! It was a lot of fun as a spectator lol.

Test Subject
#340 Old 1st Jun 2007 at 4:41 PM
Yay! I got third. This contest was a lot of fun.

I do not mean to pry, but you don't by any chance happen to have six fingers on your right hand?
Instructor
#341 Old 1st Jun 2007 at 4:55 PM
Congratulations to everyone, and especially Liadan! This contest was great and I'm honored to have been among the rest of you in the final round. You all are very talented and I learned a lot. Thank you RSG for a great contest!
#342 Old 1st Jun 2007 at 5:01 PM
Congrats Liaden and to the other top 4 winners!

Alexis: Congrats to you too
Lab Assistant
#343 Old 1st Jun 2007 at 5:45 PM
This is thw first time i have actually got to the end of a contest .. so even though i am last i feel proud!!
Instructor
#344 Old 1st Jun 2007 at 8:49 PM
Congrats Cinamun!! As well as all the other contestants. You have done a fabulous job in this contest.
Test Subject
#345 Old 1st Jun 2007 at 9:10 PM
Congrats to everyone! ^^
Instructor
Original Poster
#346 Old 2nd Jun 2007 at 3:38 AM
Wow thanks guys for all the nice comments on the contest... I had a great time running it and I definitely promise that there will be a cycle 2 soon!

Page 14 of 14