Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Mar 2024 at 5:14 PM Last edited by M.T.Pockets : 4th Apr 2024 at 12:03 PM.
Default What to do about the Goth Graveyard
A couple of weeks ago I started another playthrough of Pleasantview. Today, I was playing with the Goths (still on their original lot) when something weird started happening. My nanny and the maid couldn’t seem to leave the rooms they were in (master bedroom and the yellow bedroom). Furthermore, Alexander after dropping his homework on the master bedroom desk couldn’t seem to leave to go to his teen job. Everyone was acting like there was some reason they couldn’t move. The NPCs are still there and getting grumpy. Honestly, the whole thing just feels chaotic and overwhelming. If anyone knows how to fix this that would be great.

However, I don’t see that happening since I don’t even understand what’s going on well enough to really ask for help. I’d like to just move the Goths out, bin their current house, and replace it with the second empire makeover someone posted. The only trouble is, I don’t know what to do with these darn graves! I don’t care if I have access to them in the future or where they end up. I just don’t want any corruption. If anyone can advise on what to do with them it would be extremely appreciated.

Please note, I am not modding savvy. I have no “custom content” but I have downloaded a few lots which don’t use any cc. I am running the game on windows.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 27th Mar 2024 at 5:51 PM
Is it only in the Goth's house that you're getting the problem? Do you get an error if you turn on testing cheats?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Mar 2024 at 5:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Is it only in the Goth's house that you're getting the problem? Do you get an error if you turn on testing cheats?

Yeah, I tried playing with my other families after making a backup and all the others are fine. I've never actually tried using the error in testing cheats despite playing this game for so long. I'll give it a shot now.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Mar 2024 at 6:03 PM
Okay, force error did not seem to do anything, but something else worked and I'm face palming myself for not thinking of hours ago. I just bought new stairs. It worked. Everyone who doesn't live there left and my family can go downstairs again. Thank you for your help
Mad Poster
#5 Old 27th Mar 2024 at 6:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by M.T.Pockets
Okay, force error did not seem to do anything, but something else worked and I'm face palming myself for not thinking of hours ago. I just bought new stairs. It worked. Everyone who doesn't live there left and my family can go downstairs again. Thank you for your help

Nice. Sometimes it's the silliest things. XD
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 27th Mar 2024 at 10:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by M.T.Pockets

Often it is silly things, I was about to say try deleting and re-buying the fire place, because those things can throw some weird bugs.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 30th Mar 2024 at 6:36 PM
For the record, if you want to move them out to replace the house, you can just stick the graves in someone's inventory. Then when you move them into the new house, you can just plop the graves back down. That's what I did, and I don't think it's caused any issues. (I even asked beforehand to confirm it was alright to do it that way because I wasn't sure, and people said it was fine.)