Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 5:53 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 11th Feb 2014 at 4:55 AM.
Default Hidden spymaster challenge (warning, kinda broken)
REQUIRES ANY ONE OF THESE EXPANSIONS: nightlife, open for business, pets, or seasons.

My previous challenge was quite a bust, so this one will (hopefully) be a lot better. Okay here goes:

You are a spy, hired by the (Insert your country here) to spy on the (insert a different country here). the first few days, you do well. gathering confidential information, bribing officials, creating agents inside the government... until one of your agents double-crosses you. he give your enemy pictures, fingerprints, lovers, past lovers and even your favorite deoderent (or perfume). Your run off dig hole in the ground and hide in it. you only have basic items you were able to take: your radio, a few books your field telephone to talk to base with, a beat up old fridge you found in a dump, a mattress, basic wooden furniture you built, a small rifle, a shower and toilet from a hacked water line, and a makeshift grill. after HQ hears your plight, they start dropping supplies every week. you must remain hidden until you can figure out a way to get out of town in one piece.

okay heres the setup:

build house with only a basement and a down leading upstairs
you may have:
a radio (the cheapest)
a telephone
the cheapest grill
the cheapest fridge
the cheapest single bed
a toilet
a shower
no more than 3 decoratives
1 dining table, one chair, a few end tables
paladin sims assualt rifle download here. it is under objects>shooters

create a set of 8 unrelated simsa dn move them into a large house (they can be maxis randoms)they become 'hq'

move a sim into your first house. this sims will be your 'spymaster' he must meet at least 1 of HQ's 8 sims.

create random number of 'Enemy' sims. the more the harder.

go to your spymaster house give him 4 in each skill rank using a mod

Rules:
whenever a passerby goes by ( minus the welcoming party and the repo man) you must:
kill the passerby
OR
ignore him
OR
befriend him
if he has one interaction with you and does not get killed or befriended, you lose.

pets do not count as people. they can't tell the police 'HEY! He's over there!'
no jobs
you may only call HQ and friends
no other item unless specified here:
HQ, every week, will deliver food (new fridge) and 300$. you can buy:
any cooking item
any decorative item
a dresser
any chair under 500
any table under 500

You CANNOT buy:
a car
any electronics (except a replacement if you radio or telephone is stolen [not breaking, as you sims should be abl to fix it])
any hobby items (except cheapest bookcase for replacement)
career or aspiration rewards
to win you must have
4 friends
2500$

how to lose:
become an elder
meet but not befriend a sim (he will report you! )

scoring:
+20 for each friend
+5 for each 'enemy' killed
+10 for each 100$ minus what winning cost
+25 for each skill maxed
+50 for the first stray you take in

-25 repo man
-20 aspiration failure
-20 for each friend lost

feel free to give suggestions, and happy simming!

in Soviet Russia, the sims mod YOU.
Oh, I went there.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 7:01 PM
No jobs and no hobby items? So how are you meant to make the $2500?
Instructor
#3 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 9:18 PM
So does this mean you can't go to community lots? It would be impossible not to end up killing everyone in that case, but then you also can't make any money there either.

Also, you didn't set up parameters for how much money to start with. If I already have more than $2500 from the very beginning, what is the point of the money requirement?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 3:40 PM
ooh wait. I forgot to change something on the requirements list. you need to use familyfunds to set it to 100$. you can make money by selling dead peoples graves. Unethical, but you can make money.

also all townies, downtownies, and NPCs (minus repo man and therapist) are 'enemies'

Oh, I went there.
Instructor
#5 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 6:58 PM
I believe selling graves damages your game, which isn't a good idea.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 7:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by katalina522
I believe selling graves damages your game, which isn't a good idea.

I've heard this too - not a risk I'd be willing to take!
Banned
#7 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 9:15 PM
This would never make it on my challenge site.

EDIT TO ADD: You know, it helps to actually play-test your challenges first, that way you can iron out the bugs.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 9:34 PM
I haven't heard that... oh well. the only thing it did to my game was make the ghost very angry.

Oh, I went there.
Instructor
#9 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 10:23 PM
As I understand it, deleting urns and gravestones corrupts the neighborhood because even though the graves are gone, other sims still have memories of the person you essentially erased. Doing it a few times probably won't hurt, but doing it constantly is very likely to cause weird errors in your hood.
Instructor
#10 Old 14th Jul 2010 at 9:50 PM
Crazy question re: the assault rifle.... how do you get it to work? It appears in my game but when I try to click on it none of the sims will pick it up. (And I did try to look on SimWardrobe for a solution but the forum link there is dead, and Google just gave me a bunch of idiotic things from YahooAnswers.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 2:44 PM
worked fine in my game. I don't know what is wrong with yours. myabe a mod conflict?

Oh, I went there.
Test Subject
#12 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 3:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by noobkiller138
worked fine in my game. I don't know what is wrong with yours. myabe a mod conflict?
It still doesnt work on my game either without mods.

ベーコンが好きです。