Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 1:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jay_envy
@Chronicle - But added on top of the gem finding, you also have to grow you're own damn lifefruit (if you don't have it buyable in your store.) Running around and doing all that isn't worth it, when all you get out of it is another mouth to feed, that won't stop fiddling with your electronics.

Well you can get both the pink diamond and the life fruit plants from the buydebug menu
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 5:12 PM
i downloaded the servo's in the sims section turned them into simbots and filled them up with 20 traits. they have male and female heads so I made them a couple. They live with me, my wife, and 6 children. They are pretty useful once you download the no autonomous simbot reaction. I also have mods that allow them to eat scraps, live longer, and want to do housework more.
Field Researcher
#28 Old 3rd Dec 2010 at 12:56 PM
When I made one for the first time, I was kinda disappointed too. I really miss the Servo features from the Sims 2 and all that "do chores" thingy. I hated the fact that Simbot has to SLEEP in a BED [???] to fill his energy, or regulary eat, or be a child of the inventor.. Actually, I disliked the whole concept.

But, eventually, I got used to it. And I found a way to make them useful and even enjoy their presense. You have to be flexible and improvise. Here are some ideas. I played one Simbot since the moment he was made. I gave him traits: Natural Cook, Green Thumb, Handy, Computer Whiz and Neat - so he could enjoy cooking for sims, cleaning the house [I was especially looking forward to "clean house" interaction], do the gardening, be good in repairing things and computer stuff. That way, he is the closest thing to a Servo he could be in Sims 3 without mods. His lifetime wish was "The Tinkerer". He completed that wish soon, cuz I made sure he masters, not only logic and handiness, but ALL the skills and chalanges [or almost all], so he could also be useful in many other things like painting the portrets, making ice sculpture sims, breaking space rocks for gems, building mastered inventions, and many other things I need or want and I don’t want to other sims waste time on. I wanted to put his needs to minimum, so bought him lifetime rewards: Steel Bladder, Meditative Trance Sleep, Hardly Hungry, Carefree.. Oh, and I also didn't have to waste space by placing a bed for him. Istead, I downloaded Simbot Charging Station, which makes much more sense and also looks great.

Actually, I even had fun making him useful.

After making him so fulfilled, knowledgable and less demanding , I copied him to the library, and now I tend to place a copy of him in a new family in the new town. I bet he'll be veeeery useful, considering that he's expert in almost everything what my sims need, but don't really want doing - including useful traits, skills and time. Not to mention that getting him doesn't mean I have to do all that inventing and opportunity stuff again. Oh, and the member of the family doesn't have to be robot's mummy or daddy any more.
Test Subject
#29 Old 3rd Dec 2010 at 9:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
How about we all just face the fact that EA doesn't care very much about continuity, and that Simbots aren't Servo prototypes.

Look. They don't have to shower, and you can get them massive amounts of scrap to eat very easily and store it in their inventories. They are also fireproof. If they're invented they have a longer life than other Sims. There are plenty of advantages to having one. Disadvantages: They can't breed, so invention and adoption become the only options for continuing a family tree if they're all that you have.

They CAN breed. My female sim had a baby with a simbot. The baby looked human but had the needs of a simbot. Since simbots are always clean and well oiled, there was no diapers to change. I haven't play it much, so I don't know what the baby would be when it grew up.
Test Subject
#30 Old 6th Dec 2010 at 12:57 AM
I think it would be nice to mod LN where the butler is a simbot.
Test Subject
#31 Old 9th Dec 2010 at 9:36 PM
The opportunity to make the simbot doesnt seem to work for me anyway. I've gone through the whole ordeal three times now and got the life core but I never get the option to create it on the workbench. It's been exceptionally frustrating.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 10th Dec 2010 at 1:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FCazares
The opportunity to make the simbot doesnt seem to work for me anyway. I've gone through the whole ordeal three times now and got the life core but I never get the option to create it on the workbench. It's been exceptionally frustrating.

I've found that dropping the first opportunity and getting it back via master controller once you have the required stuff for every opp in the chain gets past that bug.
Inventor
#33 Old 10th Dec 2010 at 2:13 AM
The one thing I worried about in Sims 2 was that there was no Adult around for the alien child when the bot was recharging itself. It made a nice addition to the segregated community to have the bot raise the alien because the humans had rejected it, so I sweated it out, but the new ones sleep in a somewhat normal pattern so I think that the Sim 3 ones are better. It was challenging to play the Sims 2 so that everyone with alien in their family tree was moved to the desert, but it gets kind of fun, especially because you can skew the decoration to them with all the outdoor fittings. Typicallty I let the child become an adult and then moved it to the desert through La Fiesta College, but those parents were putting the infant outside.

Hopefully no worries with Sims 3.
Retired
retired moderator
#34 Old 10th Dec 2010 at 3:10 AM Last edited by kiwi_tea : 10th Dec 2010 at 6:56 PM.
Quote:
They CAN breed. My female sim had a baby with a simbot. The baby looked human but had the needs of a simbot. Since simbots are always clean and well oiled, there was no diapers to change. I haven't play it much, so I don't know what the baby would be when it grew up.

Can't breed by natural gameplay without glitches and hacks then. I suggest you delete your glitched Sim.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Forum Resident
#35 Old 10th Dec 2010 at 6:45 PM
Lets face it - they should have just made Data.

Go suck an elf...
Test Subject
#36 Old 16th Dec 2010 at 2:16 AM
No, they don't
Quote: Originally posted by brillo_pad
They have rocket feet and they can fly!

Do you? No.. I didn't think so.

Uh, you do know that in expansion ads a lot of stuff that shows up in the ads never be part of the game. SimBots never could fly in Am. They can use their feet like jets, which hover them above the ground, but are still slower than regular Sim speed when they run. I hardly believe a mod will appear that actually makes SimBots fly: it would take a LOT of coding.
Test Subject
#37 Old 16th Dec 2010 at 2:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by brillo_pad
Apes haven't got a whole lot better with each generation, somewhat like the iphone.

Yeah, and not all people believe the "Humans came from apes" thing. Actually the person who discovered evolution discredited that since it would make no sense for apes to still be here.
Scholar
#38 Old 16th Dec 2010 at 3:18 AM
Hovering is just a form of flying. It's moving in the air via some form of self-propulsion.

Is that a shillelagh in your pocket, or are you just sinning against God?
Forum Resident
#39 Old 20th Dec 2010 at 10:19 AM
I've never seen one yet and my Inventor Sim has proved to be rather dim and stupid and keeps getting electrocuted. His wife is a painter and has advanced in her career to level 8 while he is stuck on 2.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 28th Jan 2011 at 4:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jeddings123
Yeah, and not all people believe the "Humans came from apes" thing.

"Came from" certainly misses the point. The proper conjecture is that humans are apes. If you don't believe that, I'll puff up my chest and throw feces at you.
Scholar
#41 Old 28th Jan 2011 at 4:48 AM
I wish we had usefull mindless servants for the sims and I'd start with the maid and butler.

If you have an inventor as their skills grow they will at some point get the challenge to create a simbot. I made one but didn't care for it much so deleted it from the game.

Still some people like them and I wouldn't be surprised if there was a player somewhere whose game had an army of these mechanical men.

It's Life...there are no rules.
You can see more of my creations at www.customsims3.com
Field Researcher
#42 Old 28th Jan 2011 at 6:38 AM
I just cheat my ltr points up and get them and set the free... or I spawn the needed items with buydebug, make them, and then set them free. So they can roam the neighborhood causing disgusted sim faces everywhere...

And never again, and never again...They gave us two shots to the back of the head... And we're all dead now...
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 5:57 AM
It's been several years since the last comment, but I wanted to throw one in.

I got Generations, and set one of my sims on the inventor path. I hadn't read about it, and looked forward to seeing what she'd make. I took the opportunities, not knowing what the big invention would be. She went to the science center. When she came out, it said she had made a simbot. Not at home, over the course of days. My family had 8 members, so the simbot couldn't join it. I didn't know what happened to it.

A bit later, she threw a party. While making the guest list, I noticed somebody that it said was her son. Huh? I invited him out of curiosity. He soared in on his foot jets and started dancing.

Now I'm reading about them, and learn that they're hard to make. And that they look like robots. Huh. The guy that showed up looked human. I also read that sims react negatively to them. Nobody had a problem with this guy.

Did I have a very lucky glitch in my game? Am I the only one to have one like this?

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to open that game since I downloaded a couple new expansion packs. I've tried every trick I could find on the internet, and it just won't work. I won't be able to find out more about this simbot. But I did get some pics when he came to the party.
Screenshots
Inventor
#44 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 9:25 AM
What's so great? They can hug a microwave... What more do you need?
Page 2 of 2