Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 3:42 PM
Default Transparent/Glass Mesh Parts on Painting?
Right so, I've just started to convert my sims 2 custom content to sims 4 and naturally I've run into a problem with the very first object I've tried this with:
This one

Converting the mesh surprisingly worked out really well, I just have a problem with the texture, because as you can (hopefully) see on the screenshot, it has some sort of glass case (it was originally meant to be two glass planes with the painting inbetween, but it turned out like this), anyway, now to the problem, how can I make that mesh part see through like on the screenshot? In sims 2 it was rather simple to edit the texture properties but since you can't have multiple meshes in an object anymore I don't know what to do, every tutorial I found said that it would make the whole object transparent, which is obviously not what I want, so I really hope someone can help me out here or point me to a tutorial :3

I apologise in advance for every stupid question I'll ask. Actually sharing my creations instead of just making them for my own game is a whole new area for me ^.^
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 7:32 AM
Hi,

I think you can actually do an object with a separate glass group if you clone an item that has the glass as a separate group. There are a couple of these in game its just getting the right one. Either wise, the other option is to clone an object with a glass group and then putting the glass on the UV Map. The glass will still be a separate group on the same UV map. Glass is still fairly easy to do for Sims 4 so just follow EA's to edit the glass portion. 128 128 128 is a fairly good on the diffuse with a little darker on the alpha to create the transparency. Give that a try and see how it works
Echezzman Nwokeoma
staff: senior moderator
#3 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 1:54 PM
@LizzieDarcy I took the liberty to download your Skull Paintings Set and now I see what you mean. Attached is the package file that i worked on and i hope thats what you are looking for.

The image below shows the base frame i worked with having two groups for the objects apart from the shadow groups. The frame as a glass group and the image as a different group.On the right side is the object ingame

The image below shows the skull package you worked within game based on the above template

Attached is the package file for the glass frame shown in the first image, which you can use as a base for what you want to do. I hope this helps
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Wall Painting with glassl.zip (232.0 KB, 32 downloads) - View custom content