Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#6451 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 3:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by monijt1
I'm sure this has been around for a long time, but I just found a Simblr that has all the lots from the Maxis hoods available for download. It's call TS2 Lot Database https://ts2lots.tumblr.com/post/119...s2-lot-database

I would rather say that this belongs in this thread (you didn't discover this simblr in your game, did you?)
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#6452 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 5:24 PM
apparently I'm actually quite good at rebuilding houses from simcity into ts2. But that is more a self discovery.

I build small houses *^*
Mad Poster
#6453 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 3:25 PM
My sim had stacked a milk bottle with a trash pile before taking the garbage with a bag. Neat touch to detail.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Instructor
#6454 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 3:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Prah
I would rather say that this belongs in this thread (you didn't discover this simblr in your game, did you?)

Oh, I didn't realize that I put that in the wrong thread. That's what I get for browsing on here when I'm half asleep. Thanks.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Theorist
#6455 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 10:17 PM Last edited by Honeywell : 7th Oct 2018 at 10:50 PM.
My twins were playing cops & robbers and while his sister was on the ground my mean/grouchy little boy went over and kicked her! video
Field Researcher
#6456 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 8:46 PM Last edited by Annorah : 8th Oct 2018 at 11:47 PM. Reason: Spanglish. My phone is to blame!
The Holidays Stuff pack comes with a mistletoe that has an option to give other sims a kiss under it! The pack comes with a traditional "Holiday kiss". Why did I discover this just today? Why am I like this? Someone slap me!
Mad Poster
#6457 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 4:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Annorah
The Holidays Stuff pack comes with a mistletoe that has an option to give other sims a kiss under it! The pack comes with a traditional "Holiday kiss". Why did I discover this just today? Why am I like this? Someone slap me!

Watch that stuff. People can fall in love from it.
Mad Poster
#6458 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 5:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Annorah

I didn't know this either. I've had that pack forever, but I don't think I've ever done anything at all with the mistletoe.
Field Researcher
#6459 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 3:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Watch that stuff. People can fall in love from it.

Too late
There is a mod here that prevents that from happening, though. I think it is a hacked object by syberspunk.
Test Subject
#6460 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 4:07 PM
Default Beach lots on hills
Quote: Originally posted by gazania
EDITED because I misread the PBK description. Again. And I can't blame lack of sleep this time.

I should have had the option on the nesting box to purchase the hen if I could use it on a lodging lot. No such option for purchase came up, so I might be out of luck. I'll try the full coop and see what happens.

I did read, though, that the chickens will die if not fed. This still might not be a good idea for the farm, since my Sims won't be constantly-vacationing, and I don't know how aging progresses. Will they do what the Echo crops do and continue to age/grow when no Sims are around? But again, that's what the test hood is for!

There will be the berries for my Sims to pick on the lot. And the fruit trees work just fine. I can have just a fruit farm.

I built a 3 story antebellum with a full basement and full liveable attic that sat 2 squares above sea level. I moved sim family in..my first billionaires...Played really well. Bowling lane and theater along with a music room for the band to practice in in bottom level. I had formal living room, dining room, foyer with 2 story chandelier. There were two bedroom suites and 3 children bedrooms in the attic along with a large playroom. Like an idiot, I packaged it fully furnished with the sims in it. When I try to add to game now, my computer crashes. Or I can get it downloaded, but when I try to play this lot, it crashes. Well, I rebuilt the house, again on a beach hill and packaged it unfurnished and it is working. However, I did lose the family.
Lab Assistant
#6461 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 6:41 PM
Under the category of Mildly Horrifying: When Sims become frozen standing in place, their eyes continue to dart left, right, center. They know exactly what has happened to them, and they can do nothing about it.
Mad Poster
#6462 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 7:46 PM Last edited by Rosawyn : 12th Oct 2018 at 8:20 PM.
A couple of things...

The Wolf Attraction Sign custom aspiration reward object might just work a little too well. And related to that, apparently it's possible to have two Pack Leaders in the same hood:

Also (and this time unrelated), two members of a fully happy, mutually in love polyamorous triad (using Cyjon's Less Jealousy mod) will still insist on shooing the third out of the bedroom before they woohoo. She was fully asleep and would not have cared anyway. I had to make her get up and do the dishes at 3 am which just seemed to add insult to injury.

Edit: Oh and another thing...using Harder Grades, a teen with just one logic point can manage a B+ even after not bothering to do her homework!
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#6463 Old 14th Oct 2018 at 12:59 PM
Today I learned that toddlers can play in spilled garbage. (She finished her bottle and crawled out the front door at top speed before anybody could stop her )
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#6464 Old 14th Oct 2018 at 1:16 PM
That's the face of a toddler with no regrets.

Today I told Max Flexor to do yoga. His wife was in the yard stargazing. He walked all the way out to the patio to do his yoga - in outerwear, because it was chilly out.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#6465 Old 14th Oct 2018 at 1:49 PM
LOL at the toddler's face. She is intoxicated with the smell.

Hi. I'm Caren but you can also call me Beau. I luv sims since I was born.
I GOT A YOUTUBE(Eng sub provided) : YOUTUBE
You can find my ts2&ts4 pre-mades' stories here: Blog(korean)
Not very active on the tumblr now but: Tumblr
I can be found at Discord channels dedicated to ts2.
Mad Poster
#6466 Old 14th Oct 2018 at 2:19 PM
I noticed the carpool honks when it drops off a sim home. That's quite rude - at least stop and wait for the sim to open the door to step out.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Scholar
#6467 Old 14th Oct 2018 at 5:50 PM
I discovered that the base game stereo (Fun-Kadelic Frequency Stereo System) don't have custom radio channels. Im not sure if that's the way it should work but I could not find the custom channel on it, not on this lot. I bought the family a new one but still the same. But then I gave them a 4to2 conversion jokebox and it had my custom music. The funny thing was that the small stereo did play a custom piece before jumping back to Salsa (the stereos do reset sometimes and the default setting is salsa, but that's a well known fact ).
Mad Poster
#6468 Old 16th Oct 2018 at 1:28 AM
Romance sims can still roll the want to "Buy a Double Bed." It used to be an (almost) sure thing but I had not seen it in years and assumed some EP had killed it, but low and behold I move the Oldies into a lot to make sure elder plantsims can in fact grow plantbabies and after buying a fridge, a toilet, and a shower, Herb rolled a want to buy a double bed. Too bad I'm not saving any of this, because I bet I'll never see that want again for 100 years.

Also, elder plantsims can in fact grow plantbabies. In case that info might be helpful to anyone else who didn't already know.
Mad Poster
#6469 Old 16th Oct 2018 at 10:24 AM
That made me wonder if plantsims can get twins.
Mad Poster
#6470 Old 16th Oct 2018 at 11:50 AM Last edited by Rosawyn : 16th Oct 2018 at 1:12 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
That made me wonder if plantsims can get twins.

They can! I made a post in this thread about it a while back, with pics too if you wanted to scroll back and find it.

Edit: Never mind, I can't find the post myself and even if I did, the pics probably got eaten. I still have the pics, tho; maybe I'll upload them in one of the picture threads.
Mad Poster
#6471 Old 16th Oct 2018 at 3:22 PM
It's not just Romance sims who roll that want. The first time I ever saw it, Ernest Munny had just had his first kiss with Sage Ann Onions. As a Fortune sim, he had a highly methodical mind. So his wants panel was all "get engaged to Sage Ann, dance with Sage Ann," etc., except for one want to buy a double bed. (They were living in a dorm, all twin beds.)

They won't roll it if there's a double bed on the lot, so that may be why you don't see it often.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#6472 Old 16th Oct 2018 at 3:25 PM
First want all my knowledge sims roll - buy a double bed
Mad Poster
#6473 Old 16th Oct 2018 at 6:01 PM
There's a song about knowledge pixels: "Getting to know you." Anna was very much a knowledge person!

And I've never met a pixel who didn't want to 'know' another pixel intimately. They're curious about everything. Hell, they invented the kids' game "doctor"!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#6474 Old 16th Oct 2018 at 8:57 PM Last edited by Rosawyn : 16th Oct 2018 at 10:04 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
They won't roll it if there's a double bed on the lot, so that may be why you don't see it often.

Nah, that's not it; I move my sims into lots that don't have anything that I've ever seen them ask to buy (toilet, shower, fridge, bookcase, etc). Definitely no beds, not even singles. I'm a point-farmer, I guess? And that's just how I've always played. Still, yesterday was the first time in several real life years that I'd seen any sim roll the "buy a double bed" want. It used to be my Family sims would roll that one too, almost as often as the Romance ones.

Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
First want all my knowledge sims roll - buy a double bed

All my knowledge sims ever want are telescopes and book cases.
Top Secret Researcher
#6475 Old 16th Oct 2018 at 11:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
All my knowledge sims ever want are telescopes and book cases.

Add a toilet to that for my Knowledge Sims. Apparently, they don't like the idea of peeing on the telescope.
Page 259 of 445