Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
The ModFather
retired moderator
#51 Old 4th May 2006 at 7:56 AM
Do you have the CEP installed?

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Advertisement
#52 Old 4th May 2006 at 4:31 PM Last edited by earnest : 4th May 2006 at 4:38 PM.
I downloaded it, yes. But it's just an install file, right? I downloaded it and ran it/installed it. What more is there to do with it? I'm confused.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#53 Old 4th May 2006 at 11:31 PM
Nothing; once the CEP has been installed, you don't need to do anything else.
Just to be sure it was correctly installed, perform the check explained in the CEP faq: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...291#post1105291

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
#54 Old 10th May 2006 at 9:00 PM
Default Bb
where can i download cep3
The ModFather
retired moderator
#55 Old 11th May 2006 at 1:01 AM
In the meantime, the CEP has been updated to v. 4.1; you can find it HERE

Test Subject
#56 Old 16th May 2006 at 10:53 PM
my photo thingy doesnt show up...
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 17th May 2006 at 12:56 PM
make sure you have the CEP for viewing AND making meshes. I had just the viewing CEP and that's why mine didn't work.
Part-time Hermit
#58 Old 17th May 2006 at 2:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aibrean
make sure you have the CEP for viewing AND making meshes. I had just the viewing CEP and that's why mine didn't work.

I don't think there is a "viewing CEP". There is only one kind of CEP that both enables you to have extra color options in the game and also to create recolors or recolorable objects. It has nothing to do with meshes, though. Are you maybe confusing CEP and SimPE?
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 18th May 2006 at 12:25 AM
Well it didn't make any sense to me either...maybe it was an outdated version I was using cause I had it installed then redownloaded and installed and then it worked for me.
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 20th May 2006 at 6:52 AM Last edited by IgnorantBliss : 20th May 2006 at 6:54 AM. Reason: easy on the exclamation marks
Wow this is great and easy to do!!!! Thanks so much!
Test Subject
#61 Old 30th May 2006 at 10:18 PM
Wow this is soo quick and easy thank you so much. I am going to make tons of paintings now.
Test Subject
#62 Old 31st May 2006 at 8:27 PM
If anyone has problems, try restarting your computer after installing said files. It worked for me!
Test Subject
#63 Old 22nd Jun 2006 at 10:15 PM
I have a question. I created one picture and it worked out perfectly. Now whenever i creat more then 1 at a time, i save the new one and then once it is saved a box appears saying "would you like to save the changes made on previouspicture.jpg". So i say yes, but i dont know if that is over writing that with the new one or not. Can anybody help?

~*I am a Download-A-Holic*~
Deviant Savant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#64 Old 23rd Jun 2006 at 7:26 AM
Just select "No" amd you should be ok.. I've never noticed any problems from it.
Field Researcher
#65 Old 24th Jun 2006 at 5:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yippey13
my photo thingy doesnt show up...

What photo "thingy" are you talking about hon? Are you talking about the Photo Studio section in SimPE? Or are you talking about the picture you've created. If it's the latter of the two, then I'm not sure what the problem could be. As to the Photo Studio, you need to download the Photo Studio Templates here: http://sims.ambertation.de/en/download/realdownload/ Scroll down until you see Additional Downloads Then click on this: SimPE Photostudio Templates (2.317 mb) It should automatically install.

------------

Quote: Originally posted by wiccadwitch
Hi the tutorial is great but I do have a question. How would one find the paintings that sims make such as still lifes in game in order to make buyable paintings from them? I have one in particular made by a sim of mine that turned out extremely well and I would love to make it a buyable painting.

This one's actually fairly simple. Once your sim is finished creating a painting, you pause the game and click on the easle. This will automatically select the painting. After you do that, place the painting on your wall and voila. Instant painting from your artistic sim. :-D

Here's the Booty Enjoy!
Test Subject
#66 Old 15th Jul 2006 at 5:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ripple
Jonesi: there is a tutorial on how to use photo studio to create your own painting templates, which you can find at http://sims.ambertation.de/tut_ps.shtml

I would also like to create my own painting template, but I'm having trouble following the above tutorial because my version of SimPE is much more recent (I have 0.58). Are there any more recent tutorials, or can anyone give me some help?
The ModFather
retired moderator
#67 Old 15th Jul 2006 at 11:19 AM
The new layout looks somehow different from the one depictet in the tutorial, but there are no substantial differences... I can't modify the tutorial on SimPE's site, but if there is a specific step/screenshot that you can't understand due to the new layout of SimPE, post here and I'll try and help you.

Test Subject
#68 Old 15th Jul 2006 at 9:27 PM
I tried following the tutorial, but when I tried using my new template, the pictures wound up categorized under a pre-existing picture.

I did have trouble on Step #7 of the tutorial, which says, "Import the Property Set file (EBCF3E27 - Property Set - FFFFFFFF-FFFFFFFF-FFFFFFFF.simpe.xml) available in the "Painting Template Files" at the start of this tutorial section." I couldn't figure out how to import it, so I simply added it. However, the plugin view of the texture image still had the original painting, whereas in the tutorial, the texture image was the new one of the farmhouse.
Test Subject
#69 Old 15th Jul 2006 at 11:15 PM
Thanks!
I've always been wanting to learn how to do this!!! You're a lifesaver!!!

~GO CLASS OF 2009!!!~
The ModFather
retired moderator
#70 Old 17th Jul 2006 at 12:50 AM
Sarahjane - I'm sorry, but I'm not expert with the tutorial on SimPE site about creating custom templates. You should better post on SimPE forum and leave this thread free for question about the recolouring tutorial.

Test Subject
#71 Old 20th Jul 2006 at 10:09 AM
Is there any other place I can get templates to make custom paintings? I wanted to make really big paintings. Am I limited to using the Maxi's templates?
The ModFather
retired moderator
#72 Old 20th Jul 2006 at 3:30 PM
Photo Studio is a plugin that allows you to easily apply a custom texture to an existing Maxis mesh. If you want to create a painting bigger than the Maxis ones, you need a new mesh for it.

Test Subject
#73 Old 25th Jul 2006 at 10:44 PM
I have a problem (someoone help?) :

I want to make paintings and downloaded the right version of SimPE (legal version) and
the templates, but photostudio in SimPE is grey (non-clickable)

Do i need to download some more? :S
Deviant Savant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#74 Old 25th Jul 2006 at 10:47 PM
Do you have CEP installed?

"I guess I should warn you: If I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I said" - Alan Greenspan
Test Subject
#75 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 11:33 PM
No templates appear for me in SimPE. There was a prompt to download some but I accidentally clicked no. Where can I download the templates? I want the ones from the original Sims game, like Bella Goth and Lady on Red.
Page 3 of 13