Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 6:32 AM
Default Mr. Bogus Cartoon
Ever watch that old cartoon when you were a kid, and then years later, get some of the jokes that just went over your head? And did you know that the idea for that cartoon came from a series of Belgian claymation shorts that could be enjoyed even if you can't understand what Bogus is saying?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 3:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
Ever watch that old cartoon when you were a kid, and then years later, get some of the jokes that just went over your head? And did you know that the idea for that cartoon came from a series of Belgian claymation shorts that could be enjoyed even if you can't understand what Bogus is saying?

This seems like two different topics, so I'll address both.

First, I've never seen that claymation nor did I know it existed.

Second, here are some jokes I didn't get as a kid, but eventually figured out. I won't explain them. They're dirty.
1. "Spongebob Squarepants." Spongebob is trying to bathe Gary so he dresses up as a pirate to trick him. He tells Gary that two bars of soap are doubloon before telling him, "Be careful not to drop them."
2. "The Fairly Oddparents." There's a one-off joke where Timmy's parents are watching a TV show aimed at helping parents be closer emotionally with their children. The joke is when the "doctor" on the show says something to the effect of: "Is your son spending a lot of time in his room with toilet paper?"
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Jul 2017 at 9:29 AM
Oh my goodness! Yup... lots of cartoons from the 80's and 90's have lots of really racy jokes - Animaniacs is NOTORIOUS for dirty jokes.