Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 4:12 PM Last edited by UsEr-6500 : 22nd Jul 2017 at 5:04 AM.
Default Chester Bennington 1976- July 20, 2017
Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington has committed suicide
Law enforcement sources tell us the singer hanged himself at a private residence in Palos Verdes Estates in L.A. County. His body was discovered Thursday just before 9 AM.
Chester was married with 6 children from 2 wives.
The singer struggled with drugs and alcohol for years. He had said in the past he had considered committing suicide because he had been abused as a child by an older male.

whats your favorite Linkin park song Please don't be rude and hit the disagree button im trying to share this post :/ Be
respectful
peace love empathy
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 4:51 PM
This is very sad news..I still can't believe that this is true..He was such talented person..I grew up with Lp music, which comforted me during hardest moments. Still listen to their songs..My favorite song is "Somewhere I belong", and I hope that Chester gets to the place somewhere he could belong..without pain.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 4:58 AM
Please dont disagree this post i'm trying to make a serious post about losing someone important be respectful
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 5:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nemiga
This is very sad news..I still can't believe that this is true..He was such talented person..I grew up with Lp music, which comforted me during hardest moments. Still listen to their songs..My favorite song is "Somewhere I belong", and I hope that Chester gets to the place somewhere he could belong..without pain.
i wasnt a huge a fan but i had friends who enjoyed his music i played lp at work today to respect him
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 5:30 AM
and yet people hit the disagree button smh
dodgy builder
#6 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 5:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by UsEr-6500
and yet people hit the disagree button smh

Ignore them. Some people has nothing else to do with themselves than bully others. They don't deserve your attention.

It's a great band, just not my favourite. Sad he's dead. It can't be easy finding a new vocalist.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#7 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 6:04 PM
In case it needs to be clarified, this is a thread about someone very sadly dying of suicide after struggling with mental health problems for decades. I genuinely do not care what anyone's opinion of Linkin Park's music is, and I don't want to hear it in this thread.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 9:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by UsEr-6500
whats your favorite Linkin park song

In the End :lovestruc
Mad Poster
#9 Old 25th Jul 2017 at 12:01 AM
I couldn't disagree with you more vehemently, HarVee. I don't understand why you feel it necessary to insert a negative opinion in a thread that is taking a moment to remember and mourn someone. Of course, fans will say his music was good. Now is not the time to post about how you didn't like his music. Show some respect.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#10 Old 25th Jul 2017 at 7:26 PM
I'm pretty sure had you said "was never a fan of their music so I don't have a favorite song, but this is still sad news" your post wouldn't have been deleted. See how UsEr-6500 responded. But that's not what you said, is it? There's a difference between having a different opinion and still being respectful and just being an ass.

That said, don't reply here again. You obviously are not upset and are detracting from a thread where people are trying to express their sadness and sympathy. I'd also appreciate if no one else would respond to Harvee in this thread either.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 27th Jul 2017 at 4:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Ignore them. Some people has nothing else to do with themselves than bully others. They don't deserve your attention.

It's a great band, just not my favourite. Sad he's dead. It can't be easy finding a new vocalist.
Finally someone whos smart
Test Subject
#12 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 10:26 PM
The first song I heard from Linkin Park was, "Crawling". It is still one of my favorites, probably close to "In the end". Linkin Park was a huge part of my teen years, almost every friend I had owned a T-shirt, or patch to put on their back pack. Even though I wasn't a huge fan of theirs, I had a few favorite songs. When I was scrolling through FB, I assumed Chester's death was a hoax.. Then I seen more reporting on it. It was this odd feeling of loss, like, I had also lost a bit of my childhood, the same way I felt when Robin Williams had passed away.