Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Sep 2016 at 9:02 PM
'Compatible' Filter not Working
Hello, sorry if this is in the wrong spot. This is my first post, and this looked like the best spot. Is anyone else having trouble with the compatible filter not working for the past couple of days (Sims 2, IDK about others)? I've logged out/back in, cleared cache/cookies, changed settings, and nothing is working. It's not a huge deal of course, but it was a handy tool. Thanks!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 2nd Sep 2016 at 12:19 PM
I had a similar problem, had to change to all downloads to see the missing items
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 2nd Sep 2016 at 12:28 PM
@Delphy

Happening for me as well, but Sims 3 & 4 downloads seem fine.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#4 Old 2nd Sep 2016 at 9:42 PM
...Why do I keep breaking this stuff?

Should be fixed now... I hope!

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 2nd Sep 2016 at 10:29 PM
@Delphy- Sims 2, 3 and 4 working fine for me now! Thanks. :lovestruc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Sep 2016 at 12:15 AM
@Delphy Yay it's fixed! Thank you!
Test Subject
#7 Old 10th Sep 2016 at 12:45 PM
It's not fixed for me. :O
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 10th Sep 2016 at 9:44 PM
@Azamaki Can you tell us a bit more? How do you have your filters set, and what are you not seeing?
Test Subject
#9 Old 11th Sep 2016 at 11:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
@Azamaki Can you tell us a bit more? How do you have your filters set, and what are you not seeing?

The filter is set to compatible, and I only used to see Sims3 Base game stuff. 500 Objects, I think.
Now, I added my new expansions and they only show up as single files.

When I go to "All Files" and then to "All", I can see all files with all expansions.
When I then go to "Housing" or any other subcategory, I only get certain files. (Always 938 from the base game or ONLY one expansion.)
As you can see, it's only just files with ONE expansion. Not with multiple ones.
When I enter "Requires..." and then my expansions I get the "Sorry, no downloads could be found for that search!" error message.

Look at those gifs; they show it quite good.

http://imgur.com/a/ZZqla
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#10 Old 11th Sep 2016 at 2:30 PM
Hmm, the 'requires' filter acts like that for me too, I'm not sure how it's intended to work. Maybe @Delphy can shed some light on this?

@Azamaki What do you see when you use 'compatible'- can you show a screenshot?
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#11 Old 11th Sep 2016 at 3:18 PM
I'm very confused about the whole "and they show up as single files". I think I'd need screenshots to figure this one out.

As for Requires... it's been so long that even I can't remember what that was supposed to do. I might just remove it entirely actually....

Test Subject
#12 Old 11th Sep 2016 at 4:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Hmm, the 'requires' filter acts like that for me too, I'm not sure how it's intended to work. Maybe @Delphy can shed some light on this?

@Azamaki What do you see when you use 'compatible'- can you show a screenshot?

It's all in the Gifs I posted.

The "Single files"-thing, too.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#13 Old 11th Sep 2016 at 5:14 PM
Yeah, I can't figure out what you mean by 'single files'. Can you elaborate maybe?
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#14 Old 11th Sep 2016 at 9:34 PM
Okay so I see now. The Buy Mode you chose actually does have single games listed - but thats not a problem because the threads themselves have only one game ticked. So it's not actually a bug, it's just how they where uploaded.

Check out Lots & Housing and you'll see examples of lots of EPs and SPs working fine.

As for Requires... I'm going to nuke that option soon.

Test Subject
#15 Old 11th Sep 2016 at 10:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
Okay so I see now. The Buy Mode you chose actually does have single games listed - but thats not a problem because the threads themselves have only one game ticked. So it's not actually a bug, it's just how they where uploaded.

Check out Lots & Housing and you'll see examples of lots of EPs and SPs working fine.

As for Requires... I'm going to nuke that option soon.

Hm. But I have been a member since 2013. And I remember it being differently.
But even that "requires" option doesn't work for me. No mods show up at all. That can't be, right?
Last month when I downloaded mods, it was different, too.