Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 10:13 PM
Default The Sims 1 mouse cursor has vanished.
Pretty much as the title says.

I recently reinstalled The Sims 1 from my new Collectors Edition box set and the game worked fine for the first day or so, and then, seemingly when I booted it up again, the mouse cursor has completely disappeared making it very difficult to select Sims, objects or anything else.

Does anyone have any ideas on what could be the cause and solution to the issue?

Thank you in advance.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 10:42 PM
Not the definitive solution since it is a first, but def deserves an attempt.

Let's see if the problem insists in case we force your Sims to be displayed as an independent Window:

- Do create a Sims.exe shortcut;
- Right click this brand new shortcut and then find the last available option among the ones that will consequently appear = Properties;
- Ask this open Properties window to access the "Shortcut" tab; This tab contains the line "target", which is >probably< surrounded by quotation marks "", like what happens in the shot below. If it is not the case, I recommend you to surround the whole folder address with this symbol, and type the lines -w -r1024x768 next to it, separated by a single empty character (a.k.a 'space') after the last quotation mark and between -w and -r1024x768

...And do finish your work by pressing OK and running the newly-generated shortcut with the changes we've made.

If the experiment works for you and you're satisfied with the results, we can talk again so you learn how to make the windowed program to run as though it's full-screen. Later!

PIAZZI ROCKS
(so do you)
[email protected]
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 10:58 PM
Sadly, this has not had any effect.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 11:00 PM
Sometimes in the OG game the cursor would disappear for me in CAS when making a sim, or even in the family menu. I had no idea why this happened but restarting the game usually fixed the problem for me. What system are you running the game on and what is the context behind the glitch?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 11:17 PM
I am on Windows 7 and restarting the game and/or PC does not fix the issue. If I understood your question correctly, it just disappeared one afternoon when I booted the game up with no obvious warning..
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 11:28 PM
Sorted *+*+*+

PIAZZI ROCKS
(so do you)
[email protected]
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 11:33 PM
The solution was to replace the missing cursor icons from the game folder. They had been deleted for some reason.
Test Subject
#8 Old 21st Apr 2020 at 5:36 PM
Hello, I am also having this issue...can you guys please tell me what you did in order to fix it ! I love sims 1 and i really want to play it and it s kinda hard without a cursor