Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Dec 2017 at 9:56 PM Last edited by Gamegenius : 1st Jan 2018 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Just fixing my writing
Default Do any of you miss CTO Sims?
It was such a unique website dedicated to saving the legacy of Sims 1. I remember when I made my account there probably a few or so years ago.Actually it was four years now that i'm thinking about it. The site requires you to make a certain amount of posts to unlock the ability to download files. It was kind of a hard requirement for me to fulfill but I was able to accomplish it by asking questions, helping people out the way that I know how and sharing the story that I had about the time I found The Sims Unleashed at my local Walmart, how I was so shocked to see standing right next to Sims 4 and 3 like it's the early 2000's again and why I decided to buy it. When I finally unlocked the ability to download files there I was so ecstatic because it's very hard to find good Sims 1 content nowadays since most of sites for it has long since been gone and the Wayback Machine isn't always reliable although I was able to retrieve plenty of classic goodies from there because it somehow managed to save some of the files. I also remembered clicking on different links and installing a lot of skins,mods,objects and plenty of cool old stuff on there along with the sites that are still around like Around The Sims. Speaking of Around The Sims somebody somehow still had the missing children skins files that the website lost to a server crash a long time ago and was kind enough to send them to me (If you're interested in them then I would gladly look through my hard drives and send them to you) and I couldn't have been more thankful. It also had a lot of helpful tutorials that help out you on creating content for it. Somebody helped me fix my white texture and missing mesh problem along with helpful information about creating new animations to put in my game but sadly ever since last year the website was down but the good news is that some administrator posted on Facebook on November the 11 that he'll work on the website after he's finished settling in. I will post the link here but you would have to wait until they add you to the group like I did https://www.facebook.com/groups/ctosims/ so there is a glimmer of hope for the site being back online after all and when it does I would start firing up Sims 1 again and start downloading more old but gold content for it.
Advertisement
Retired Live Chat Moderator
#2 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 5:13 PM
Old but Gold... I love that. I just got a craving for Sims 1 this holiday season and you wouldn't believe how much stuff is still out there to find. Of course I looked high and low for my thousands of downloads first, but can't find a thing *sigh* I bet I put them somewhere real clever... never to be found again is what I'm thinking. Anyway yeah, pretty fun looking around and seeing how much is still around - which would hardly be necessary with CTO, so yes, I miss them BAD and hope they return in some form.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 10:27 AM Last edited by Gamegenius : 16th Jan 2018 at 10:40 AM.
I finally got around to looking through my hard drives and I found the missing children skins that was lost after the server that somebody was kind enough to send to me on my old Hitachi hard drive. Around The Sims says that you're not allowed to redistribute them but since they no longer have the files available for download and you couldn't find this anywhere else to download I thought it would be okay to upload. I wish that I still remember the person's name so I could give him or her credit. There are probably more missing files lost after the server crash but these are the only files that I know are lost after trying to download them.@Deedee Don't worry on the CTO Sims Facebook page one of the
administrators said that the site isn't gone permanently and one of them wrote about a couple months ago that he is going to work on the site after he's done settling in and if it doesn't return then what a tragic loss it would be for the old school Sims fans such as me and you.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  ATS_Girl_Casual_13.zip (111.6 KB, 102 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  ATS_Girl_Casual_14.zip (120.8 KB, 67 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  ATS_Girl_Casual_15.zip (111.2 KB, 62 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  ATS_Girl_Casual_16.zip (69.8 KB, 62 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  ATS_Girl_Casual_17.zip (123.5 KB, 62 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  ATS_Girl_Casual_18.zip (87.2 KB, 64 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  ATS_Girl_Casual_19.zip (154.1 KB, 53 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  ATS_Girl_Casual_20.zip (89.1 KB, 60 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  ATS_Girl_Casual_21.zip (99.0 KB, 57 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  ATS_Girl_Casual_22.zip (82.7 KB, 68 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  ATS_Girl_Casual_23.zip (67.4 KB, 66 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  ATS_Girl_Casual_24.zip (98.8 KB, 68 downloads) - View custom content
Field Researcher
#4 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 10:07 PM Last edited by devilgurl : 12th Feb 2018 at 2:27 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Gamegenius
I finally got around to looking through my hard drives and I found the missing children skins that was lost after the server that somebody was kind enough to send to me on my old Hitachi hard drive. Around The Sims says that you're not allowed to redistribute them but since they no longer have the files available for download and you couldn't find this anywhere else to download I thought it would be okay to upload. I wish that I still remember the person's name so I could give him or her credit. There are probably more missing files lost after the server crash but these are the only files that I know are lost after trying to download them.@Deedee Don't worry on the CTO Sims Facebook page one of the
administrators said that the site isn't gone permanently and one of them wrote about a couple months ago that he is going to work on the site after he's done settling in and if it doesn't return then what a tragic loss it would be for the old school Sims fans such as me and you.

Awesome! Thanks! Do you also happen to have the birthday cake hack from Millennium Sims? Any place I can find that mentions it the links to download are no longer active been really missing that mod! I hate forever children lol

Edit: Nevermind I found a group (sims_hideout) on the Yahoo Groups that had the puberty cake file uploaded so I finally found what I was looking for!

Origin: Simstopics
Steam: BrokeShopaholic
Xbox: BrokeShopaholic
PlayStation: InDebtShopaholic/BrokeShopaholic
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 3:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by devilgurl
Awesome! Thanks! Do you also happen to have the birthday cake hack from Millennium Sims? Any place I can find that mentions it the links to download are no longer active been really missing that mod! I hate forever children lol

Edit: Nevermind I found a group (sims_hideout) on the Yahoo Groups that had the puberty cake file uploaded so I finally found what I was looking for!

I don't have it but i'm glad that you found what you were looking for.
O_o
#6 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 2:15 AM
I think a group of people should start a new Sims 1 fansite grabbing all of the CC we can find. If the site is still up we can link it. For stuff that is not up and you found elsewhere. We could upload it. I am terrified that at some point the fantastic CC for this game will be lost. I would hate to see that happen. PM me if you would like to help.

I want, I need, therefore I am a sim!
Test Subject
#7 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 9:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simall9
I think a group of people should start a new Sims 1 fansite grabbing all of the CC we can find. If the site is still up we can link it. For stuff that is not up and you found elsewhere. We could upload it. I am terrified that at some point the fantastic CC for this game will be lost. I would hate to see that happen. PM me if you would like to help.

I would totally be onboard for this! I have a ton of CC from The Well Dressed Sim, 7th/8th Deadly Sims, Sims Interior Designs, and several others that are long gone. I have most of them cataloged/organized and have been working on a Tumblr page (Simspresso) that let's people see CC items and their inventory locations for easier access in-game. I'm also considering setting up a Google Drive dedicated to my Sims 1 CC files only so I can link them and allow people to DL them if they are wanting something they see on my blog. I love Sims 1 and if anybody out there is wanting to revitalize CTO Sims or something like it, I would love to help and be a part of it!
Scholar
#8 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 10:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simspresso
I would totally be onboard for this! I have a ton of CC from The Well Dressed Sim, 7th/8th Deadly Sims, Sims Interior Designs, and several others that are long gone. I have most of them cataloged/organized and have been working on a Tumblr page (Simspresso) that let's people see CC items and their inventory locations for easier access in-game. I'm also considering setting up a Google Drive dedicated to my Sims 1 CC files only so I can link them and allow people to DL them if they are wanting something they see on my blog. I love Sims 1 and if anybody out there is wanting to revitalize CTO Sims or something like it, I would love to help and be a part of it!

I'm in but i'm way more interested in Sims 2 and 3 especially 2 because that game improved on a lot of things that Sims 1 didn't have probably due to the limited technology and budget,however i'm still down to playing Sims 1 whenever I start to get nostalgic about the music and the old-school 2d and 3d graphics. I just need to get on my laptop to play it but I couldn't find the battery and i'm using my new one. I still have a lot of skins and mods on it and my laptops that I would like to share if anybody has a hard time finding or if it's unavailable anywhere including the Internet Archive. Which in my case it was the lost ATS Skins that I had reuploaded not too long ago under my old username Gamegenius.
Instructor
#9 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 5:13 PM
I haven't signed in to MTS for several years but am visiting again having got a bit tired of the heavy moderation at the main Forum.

I have multiple Free downloads on CDs (dated 2002)! that I had saved and pruned to those that actually worked ok. I wouldn't mind adding those to your lists but have no idea how to upload them. I also have a few utilities as well. eg: changing roof colours. In those days - early 2000s I was on dialup and not on a budget enabling me to get those from paysites as well. I was stupid enough to buy those rip-off CDs, (From Game and not knowing they were rip-offs from creators at the time) and have 1000 add-ons from a PC Format disk of 2002 (they have a TSR logo with those). I assume they were taken free from other websites at the time.
Test Subject
#10 Old 4th Jan 2019 at 10:20 AM Last edited by PrincessKharis : 16th Aug 2019 at 1:43 AM.
CTOs fearless leader has said it will come back up, but we dont know if that will actually happen and/or when.

EDIT - it has since been stated on FB that CTO is likely to not return unfortunately.
Scholar
#11 Old 19th Jan 2020 at 12:54 PM Last edited by Squidconqueror : 19th Jan 2020 at 1:34 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by PrincessKharis
CTOs fearless leader has said it will come back up, but we dont know if that will actually happen and/or when.

EDIT - it has since been stated on FB that CTO is likely to not return unfortunately.

Where could I find that message? I hadn't seen a message from the website owners in a quite a while but the last thing I heard is that they were having some RL problems preventing them from working on the site.
Never mind I found one from June 11, 2019. Here's what the message says.

We haven't lost interest or forgotten CTO! It's not a big priority in our lives anymore. But there is still some activity. Recently, John was able to get the site re-installed to the point that it can be worked on to start doing the upgrades and putting it back together. If it's not done properly, finding files in our vast collection will be impossible.

I'm the culprit here. The upgrades needed to get the site back online are time-consuming and expensive. The way the site is structured, we have to have the software to make the file system work and make the files available to you. That software, unfortunately, is not free. And right now, I can't afford to purchase it. Please don't misunderstand; I am NOT asking for donations! I just want to explain that right at the moment I don't have the money. I hope to be able to buy what we need by the end of the summer.

I am trying to spend time working on the site now that I can get into it again. But to be honest, CTO is not high on my list anymore. In fact, it's rather near the bottom. My husband is terminally ill and I'm also taking care of my elderly mother. Our income has been slashed because my husband can no longer work. I can't work outside the home because I am taking care of them, so I'm trying to make a success of two Direct Sales businesses. It's hard to focus on much else these days.

We appreciate your patience and continued loyalty to CTO. I'm not giving up on it yet.

They didn't mention that CTO Sims is never coming back and that they had stopped working on fixing the site is or lost interest in it but rather it's not a big priority of their lives anymore which is very understandable given the tough situation that they're in. In the meantime I'll send my prayers to them and their family. I still hadn't lost fate that the site will return one day. On the other hand I have great news to share. An administrator of the CTO Sims Facebook group uploaded and shared a link to over 20 gbs and 50k files of Sims 1 content which I believe used to be hosted on the CTO Sims websites on Dropbox. I'll link it here if that's alright.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/khbg0308...lEwNyH864LHgiFE
Test Subject
#12 Old 2nd Jan 2022 at 2:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Squidconqueror
Where could I find that message? I hadn't seen a message from the website owners in a quite a while but the last thing I heard is that they were having some RL problems preventing them from working on the site.
Never mind I found one from June 11, 2019. Here's what the message says.

We haven't lost interest or forgotten CTO! It's not a big priority in our lives anymore. But there is still some activity. Recently, John was able to get the site re-installed to the point that it can be worked on to start doing the upgrades and putting it back together. If it's not done properly, finding files in our vast collection will be impossible.

I'm the culprit here. The upgrades needed to get the site back online are time-consuming and expensive. The way the site is structured, we have to have the software to make the file system work and make the files available to you. That software, unfortunately, is not free. And right now, I can't afford to purchase it. Please don't misunderstand; I am NOT asking for donations! I just want to explain that right at the moment I don't have the money. I hope to be able to buy what we need by the end of the summer.

I am trying to spend time working on the site now that I can get into it again. But to be honest, CTO is not high on my list anymore. In fact, it's rather near the bottom. My husband is terminally ill and I'm also taking care of my elderly mother. Our income has been slashed because my husband can no longer work. I can't work outside the home because I am taking care of them, so I'm trying to make a success of two Direct Sales businesses. It's hard to focus on much else these days.

We appreciate your patience and continued loyalty to CTO. I'm not giving up on it yet.

They didn't mention that CTO Sims is never coming back and that they had stopped working on fixing the site is or lost interest in it but rather it's not a big priority of their lives anymore which is very understandable given the tough situation that they're in. In the meantime I'll send my prayers to them and their family. I still hadn't lost fate that the site will return one day. On the other hand I have great news to share. An administrator of the CTO Sims Facebook group uploaded and shared a link to over 20 gbs and 50k files of Sims 1 content which I believe used to be hosted on the CTO Sims websites on Dropbox. I'll link it here if that's alright.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/khbg0308...lEwNyH864LHgiFE

Could you reupload the folder somewhere (like Google Drive)? Dropbox sucks for folder browsing (you can't view all files without your browser choking and dying, and you can't mass download all the files in there)

I was trying to collect the links to all files on the folder, to then mass download them to backup somewhere else... but now the link is 404, probably due to too many access to the folder...

Heck, if storage space is an issue I would gladly host the files for you because I don't wanna The Sims 1 custom content to be lost forever, again...
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#13 Old 2nd Jan 2022 at 12:43 PM
Hi @MrPowerGamerBR I have a load of files from CTOsims available on SFS:
https://simfileshare.net/folders/edit/144507/
Or of you have a bittorrent Client then you can download the whole of the Sims 1 Collection from the torrent link in that file or from Archive.org:
https://archive.org/details/sims-1-cc
Courtesy of ariea1507:
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=659165

@squidconqueror in case you could update your link also!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 2nd Jan 2022 at 6:32 PM
Was so sad that CTO went down, since I had just discovered it and they had really amazing things. I downloaded quite some things before it disappeared, and wasn't able to see the entire archive. Didn't know it is not likely to come back (I have just read it), so thank you so mucho for your archive work, @simsample!
Test Subject
#15 Old 2nd Jan 2022 at 9:51 PM Last edited by MrPowerGamerBR : 2nd Jan 2022 at 10:04 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Hi @MrPowerGamerBR I have a load of files from CTOsims available on SFS:
https://simfileshare.net/folders/edit/144507/
Or of you have a bittorrent Client then you can download the whole of the Sims 1 Collection from the torrent link in that file or from Archive.org:
https://archive.org/details/sims-1-cc
Courtesy of ariea1507:
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=659165

@squidconqueror in case you could update your link also!

Thank you so much!

This whole thing started because I sent @LUCPIX the Dropbox link that was shared here, he searched around a bit and found out that in the archive there was a very old tool that he was searching for a looong time, which gave me the idea of downloading the entire Dropbox folder and then backup somewhere else that was more accessible, because searching shared folders in Dropbox is literally impossible. (because Dropbox's shared folder view is... not good at all)

However I think that Dropbox thought "lol what tf are you doing trying to scrape all links from the folder??" and disabled the Dropbox folder link, if that was permanent or not is something that we are still trying to figure out.

I also liked the Dropbox archive because, while it was HORRIBLE to sort by fansite, it was way easier to track specific The Sims 1 tools (example: LUCPIX found the tool because the file name was "Simplorer.zip") or specific files that I do know that were present in CTO Sims (like, this example may be very weird but waaaay back in 2011/2012/2013 when I was active in CTO Sims I remember that there was a Hatsune Miku skin, the skin was present in the archive because it was easy to find it via the file name... by creator? not so much because I don't remember who made it anymore)

If the Dropbox link block is temporary (because it was working literally yesterday!), I will backup the archive anyway because who knows, maybe there is something in the Dropbox link that was not present in the other archives. :P

But still, what I'm saying is just small nitpicks! Your and other users' archiving efforts are super extremely useful! I was super sad when CTO Sims shut down because it wasn't just another website, it was *the* archive for The Sims 1 custom content! This makes me hopeful that TS1 CC isn't lost to time.

Maybe some day in the future I will create a website that makes it easier to search and sort TS1 custom content, just like CTO Sims. Because while the archives are SUPER useful, they are very hard to comb thru unless if you already know what's inside of each 7z file. (like: "Oh I know that author Xyz made the custom object, so let's just download their entire archive!" but if you are just shopping CC to find interesting stuff, it is very hard)

But once again, thank you

(Also, you sharing the "fixed" links here is super helpful for anyone searching for "CTO Sims" on Google, after all, this thread is one of the top results when you search for "CTO Sims" on Google, and that's how I stumbled across this thread years ago)
Test Subject
#16 Old 2nd Jan 2022 at 10:39 PM
Hello! I'm the one who ran the dropbox folder, and good lord this is an OLD username of mine that I forgot I used. I'm currently migrating all files to a mega.nz folder. The dropbox folder sharing was disabled due to 10gb of bandwidth used in under 24 hours. Had to reach out to support for that explanation, but got an answer within 3 minutes which was nice, pays to be a paying customer. Link will be available on the CTO Facebook group when I'm done uploading.
Scholar
#17 Old 2nd Jan 2022 at 11:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JAS_Skywalker4
Hello! I'm the one who ran the dropbox folder, and good lord this is an OLD username of mine that I forgot I used. I'm currently migrating all files to a mega.nz folder. The dropbox folder sharing was disabled due to 10gb of bandwidth used in under 24 hours. Had to reach out to support for that explanation, but got an answer within 3 minutes which was nice, pays to be a paying customer. Link will be available on the CTO Facebook group when I'm done uploading.

I'm the one who messaged you. Thank you so much for the response and doing this for those of us that still play Sims 1.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#18 Old 3rd Jan 2022 at 12:14 AM
Thanks all for your help and great messages, if someone could post the new links when they are up on the CTO facebook group I'll try to download them and put them on Archive.org and SFS too.
Test Subject
#19 Old 3rd Jan 2022 at 8:01 AM
Here's the mega.nz mirror with all the files.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#20 Old 3rd Jan 2022 at 11:42 AM
Thanks @JAS_Skywalker4 I can't download the whole thing in one go without a paid account there, so it may take me some time to fetch it all.
Test Subject
#21 Old 3rd Jan 2022 at 9:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Thanks @JAS_Skywalker4 I can't download the whole thing in one go without a paid account there, so it may take me some time to fetch it all.

Yeah, there's some restrictions to it, but at least it won't kill the share link.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#22 Old 4th Jan 2022 at 12:28 PM
Much appreciated, I willl work to download them as soon as I'm able to.
Test Subject
#23 Old 17th May 2023 at 4:15 AM
I used to be a member of CTO sims but my laptop died and i couldn't remember my password and life marched on. I dimly remember the owner passed away but can't find any verification. I used to post as sojourner and have no way of uploading my cc anywhere, regrettably. A good thing to try is the "links" button on every site you try, it might lead you to sites you didn't know about before.
https://sirenshadow.com/home.html
https://pleasantsims.com/active-sims-1-sites/

Good luck and keep simming, wish I could still play. I miss it a lot.
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 17th May 2023 at 3:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by blueoregon

Good luck and keep simming, wish I could still play. I miss it a lot.

Wait, why can't you still play? Er, you DO know that the Sims 1 can work on Windows 10 and 11, right?

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Test Subject
#25 Old 22nd May 2023 at 4:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Corylea
Wait, why can't you still play? Er, you DO know that the Sims 1 can work on Windows 10 and 11, right?

I became homeless and lost all my games. I now live in subsidized housing and no longer have a desktop I can dl anything on. My current laptop isn't good enough to play sims on (right when they offer it for free- just my luck)
Page 1 of 2