Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Nov 2018 at 3:51 PM
Default Did anyone ever buy The Sims: Superstar from Amazon back in the day? You might be able to help!
I've already posted this on reddit, but thought I'd ask here too since this community has a lot of individuals who have been with the series since the very start:

Amazon offered a pre-order bonus for The Sims: Superstar back in 2003: an exclusive celebrity NPC, Elle Woods. This download has been of interest to the TS1 community for awhile simply because it's the only add-on content for the game that's never been found in any form.

Long story short, it turns out Amazon still(!) has the download after all these years, but they will only give it to people who purchased the expansion directly from them in the U.S. It's a long shot, but I ask in the hopes that if anyone here ever did buy it from them, they may be able to talk to Amazon and acquire this download. It would be great for the community to obtain this missing download at long last.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 2nd Nov 2018 at 6:08 PM
For those curious, here's the Amazon page promoting Elle Woods. Yep, it's still up after 15 years!

Before I bought Superstar from Amazon two months ago, I asked Customer Service if Elle was still available even though they no longer directly sell the expansion pack. They confirmed they would give it to anyone who bought SS upon request, so just contact them in case the link doesn't show up in the digital library. Which is exactly what happened. After contacting CS again, I told them of my last correspondence and they replied they'd only give out the code if the game was returned and re-ordered. Here's my story.

Good luck to anyone who purchases SS in the future, though!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 1:59 AM
Oh wow, this would be cool, but, I bought all the sims 1 games from Best Buy when they released. Had yet to discover online shopping.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 3rd Dec 2018 at 4:20 AM
wow what a gem! She looks so adorable.
Test Subject
#5 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 11:24 PM
Default Re; Elle Woods for the Sims Superstar
Hello,
I know this post is a few years old (no reply for 27 months lol)... actually i just noticed it was posted on my birthday! (tidbit of useless trivia)
But if this helps anyone looking for Elle Woods content then you may enjoy this. I was browsing an old archive on simfreaks, they have a download labeled "Pinky Reese." I read this whole forum looking for info on some little issues with custom content for the sims that I was having and remembered there was someone looking for Elle. This one is probably different than the one that came with the Amazon version of Superstar but I feel like an Elle Woods fan would rather have this Elle Woods than no Elle Woods.

http://www.simfreaks.com/themes/stu...s/page-03.shtml

I hope this helps! (i hope this even gets seen lol but no biggy if it doesn't!)
Viva Sims 1 !!!!!