Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 12:07 PM
What do you do when you're bored at work?
Hi everyone! I'm doing an overnight shift (such is life), and I got to thinking: what does everyone else here do when they're bored at work? It's been exceedingly slow at my hotel, and nothing's been going on, so I've been... playing The Sims 4 and watching Youtube videos.

What do you guys do when you're bored at work? Any fun pranks? Office games? Weird time-wasters? Share your secrets!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 2:44 PM
Post on ModThesims.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#3 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 4:39 PM
I'm rarely bored (as in the meaning of not having anything to do) at work. There's little time for non-work activities in my line of work.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 5:17 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 22nd Nov 2018 at 4:44 PM.
Probably rearrange my collections of films by chronological by first release, or if a sequel, prequel or midquel (midquel? A movie that is set from a different character's point of view, concerning their role in an established work.) comes up, I rearrange until the story flows in order of that story.

It's a weird time-wasting activity, I will be honest there.

I am going into animation in the new year and I have a basic idea for my 7 minute pilot.

My pilot film is Li'l Lester, a neighborhood cat with thumbs who works the neighborhood with his cross eyed look and due to his thumbs, he wreaks havoc on a neighbor with a cat.

I also play videogames for any type of machine. Mostly Nintendo games, consoles, handhelds or the hybrid Switch. I even play The Sims for PC.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 6:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
There's little time for non-work activities in my line of work.

Me too, I would love a job where there was time to be bored, but despite having worked in many different fields over the years, I've not yet found one.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 8:33 PM
Hahahaha I wish I had time to be bored at work. Occationally I get a few minutes to chat to the Fiance if we're both working.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#7 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 9:10 PM
I did have the occasional calm night shift back when I did those, so I'd usually bring a book to read, or do something else that was easy to put down in a hurry if I needed to go help someone or do rounds. Other than reading I'd clean up, write charts or reports, or do other things time and opportunity allowed for, since I had to be available.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 5:28 AM
Hardest job I ever had was trying to look busy.
Once I looked for other tasks to do from other divisions where I had expertise. That really upset my boss.

Sims are better than us.
Scholar
#9 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 7:07 AM
So much down time where I work, though it depends on which particular job I'm doing that day.

30 mins being interrupted by (generally) the bosses to chat about not necessarily work related talk.
Probably 3km worth of walking trying to locate things and or people.

Phone, cleaning up rooms, chatting, planning for the next job or day. I try to keep myself busy.
It annoys me how much down time I can get away with though.
I'd rather be working while at work. I used to at other jobs.
Sockpuppet
#10 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 1:04 PM
Oh, I play at the computer. I'm obsessed with Zombies. This is a browser game, but she swallowed me. Guys, join me, we can play online. Here iospace.games/ is a link to the game (by the way there are many others)
Mad Poster
#11 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 2:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Me too, I would love a job where there was time to be bored, but despite having worked in many different fields over the years, I've not yet found one.

Ever work as an English teacher? There's lots of time to be bored, or to be boring. Whichever you prefer.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#12 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 1:54 PM
I've always got something to do at work and if there's no prep to do, I clean the kitchen

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 2nd Dec 2018 at 6:53 PM
Then i start to draw random gore-ish dolls or eat xD

♥ sims 4 custom content creator xietresims ♥ also screenshot content xietressc
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#14 Old 2nd Dec 2018 at 9:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
Ever work as an English teacher? There's lots of time to be bored, or to be boring. Whichever you prefer.

Maybe you need a job with more of an element of danger; I've definitely found those type of jobs help to pass the time.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 3rd Dec 2018 at 2:51 AM
Sleep in.

Self employed artist. I set my own hours and commissions. I still am waiting for a return on an aborted video commission.

My policy is play-or-pay. In the event the person bails on me, I still require the money for giving me a run around.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

Forum Resident
#16 Old 4th Dec 2018 at 5:40 AM
My job inexplicably blocks MTS. I think it recognizes the domain as gaming related, but I haven't tried other gaming sites to test that theory. It's set by corporate, so who knows.

I listen to podcasts and audiobooks. I've actually finished more books this year than I have in a long time, because I have a lot more time to listen while doing something else than I do to sit and actually read a book.
Test Subject
#17 Old 5th Dec 2018 at 8:52 AM
Listen to music on my phone. And if I'm *really* bored, watch YTbers play indie horror games rofl. XD
Helptato
#18 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 2:49 AM
My last job, I worked retail and to stop my brain melting from too much Christmas music and/or boredom I used to make up ghost stories in my head. It helped the time go a little faster at least.

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Space Pony
#19 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 7:16 AM
I chat with my students who finish their work early

Dag-Dag
Instructor
#20 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 10:21 PM
i just talk to one of my co-worker about something or someone
i listen to music and watch youtube video's
Scholar
#21 Old 13th Apr 2019 at 12:23 PM
Retype stuff I've already typed up, but faster to see if my touch typing skills have improved or not They kind of have but it gets messed up because of all the different sized keyboards.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 13th Apr 2019 at 1:13 PM
I'm on light duties these days so I don't have to do as much, meaning I actually get bored and have nothing to do. I only get assigned about 4 hours of work for a 12 hour shift, so I usually I ask domestic staff if I can help out (fold laundry for them, deliver the towels downstairs), clean the diningroom for the kitchen staff (why do staff leave teaspoons all over the place?!) or make sure all the rooms are restocked with correct sizes of pads, wipes, etc. OR I just go to the bathroom and sit on my phone for about 5 minutes if there's literally nothing else I can think of doing. I work in a residential care home though, so there's always something to do or a resident to interact with.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#23 Old 13th Apr 2019 at 8:27 PM
Draw a comic book in a sketch book for kicks.

I have 4 blank sketchbooks, which I doodle manga in as a training session for my skills (drawing, contrary to popular belief, is not a talent, but a skill) and to blow off steam. Currently, I work as quality control for our seedlings and sprouts for our garden in the side yard. My job requires watching plants reach to the sun. It bores me to tears to watch it day in and day out, but vegetables from seed packets don't just grow all by themselves.

Mad Poster
#24 Old 4th Sep 2019 at 9:52 PM
I remember that I am paid to be there, so I paste a smile on my face and pay a little bit of attention while my mind takes a small vacation. I often end up making up lists of things to do, buy, look up, etc....

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Test Subject
#25 Old 24th Oct 2019 at 5:51 PM
I can read some manga or play some mobile games
Page 1 of 2